SSC Central Police Organisations Constable ( GD ) Exam 2015 Age Relaxation
Note V : Break between Army Service and re-employment should not exceed 2 years.
Explanation 1 :
An Ex-Serviceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- who retired from such service after earning his / her pension. This would also include persons who are retired / retire at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service.
- Persons with disability attributable to military service and
- Gallantry award winners.
Explanation 2 :
The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service, would come under the category of “ex-serviceman” may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified term of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Explanation 3 :
- son ( including adopted son ) or
- daughter ( including adopted daughter )
Dependent family member means
- spouse or
- children or
- brother or sister in the case of unmarried victim who was wholly dependent on that victim at the time of his getting killed in the riots would be eligible. In order to be eligible for upper age relaxation in the category 33 / 34 / 35, the applicant should produce a certificate to that effect from the concerned District Collector / District Magistrate wherein the victim was killed.
4. (C) Process of Certification and Format of Certificates :
Candidates who wish to be considered against CPO 2015 vacancies reserved / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority. Otherwise, their claim for SC / ST / OBC / Ex-Servicemen status will not be entertained and their candidature / applications for SSC CPO will be considered under General ( UR ) category.
The formats of the certificates are annexed. Certificates obtained in any other format will not be accepted. Candidates claiming OBC status may note that the OBC certificate should have been obtained within three years before the closing date for CPO Exam 2015 application i.e. 02.03.2015. The Staff Selection Commission has decided to accept OBC certificate, in the prescribed format, issued after the closing date for receipt of application 02.03.2015 but issued on or before the date of their document verification, as valid proof of belonging to OBC.
Candidates will be considered for recruitment in their respective State / UT on production of valid “Domicile Certificate” issued by the competent authority so authorised by the concerned State / UT to prove their domiciliary status at the time of documents verification failing which his / her candidature will be cancelled forthright. If a candidate produces domicile certificate issued by a state other than the state mentioned in his / her application he / she will be considered for the state for which he / she has submitted domicile certificate and will be allowed to change the state code at the time of medical / verification of documents.
Since the State of Assam is not issuing Domicile Certificate / PRC, candidate belonging to the state of Assam are not required to submit the same. However, their selection will be subject to verification of residential status from the concerned District Authorities. West Pakistani refugees who have settled in J & K but have not been given the status of citizen of the State will be recruited without the condition of having a domicile certificate from the designated authority of the J&K State.
Note I : Candidates are warned that they will be permanently debarred from the SSC Central Police Organisations examination 2015 conducted by the Staff Selection Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC / ST / OBC / EXS status.