West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 for Director
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment. The post is temporary but likely to be permanent.
N.B. : Ability to read, write and Speak in Bengali is an Essential Qualification for Recruitment to the Posts and Services. Provided that the said Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali including the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali for recruitment to the following post, shall not be applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is nepali. This will be Tested at the time of Interview.
Name of the West Bengal PSC Post 2016 : Director (Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services)
West Bengal PSC Department 2016 : West Bengal in West Bengal Higher Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services under the Animal Resources Development Department.
Vacancy for West Bengal PSC Director 2016 : 01
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale 2016 : 37,400/- – 67,000/- plus Grade Pay of 8,900/-
West Bengal PSC Director Eligibility 2016 :
West Bengal PSC Director Qualifications 2016 :
- Master degree in any branch of Veterinary Science or Animal Science
- 15 years experience in livestock management or livestock extension work or veterinary field work including disease investigation.
- 5 years administrative experience in a senior position not below the rank of Deputy Director.
West Bengal PSC Director Desirable 2016 :
Experience in large scale manufacture, maintenance and quality control of veterinary biological products.
West Bengal PSC Director Age Limit 2016 :
Not more than 55 years and not less than 50 years on 01st January, 2016 relaxable at the discretion of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal for highly qualified and/or experienced candidates, and for persons already in service of Government or Government undertakings or Statutory Body or recognized Institutions.
WBPSC Director Examination Fee 2016 :
For all categories of post 210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of 5/- only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- for payment through Bank Counter (offline payment).
S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption of Fee is available to S.C./S.T./B.C. Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Information 2016 :
1. Submission of more than one Application for one Particular post is strictly Forbidden. The Candidature of a Candidate who submits more than one application for admission to the Selection Procedure, will be Cancelled even If he/she is admitted to the same.
2. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
3. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
4. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the West Bengal PSC Director interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for West Bengal Public Service Commission interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects / higher standard of marks / grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test / Written Test. In the cases of Screening Test / Written Test, Candidates Suffering from Blindness or Low Vision will be allowed the help of a scribe, if required.
If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
5. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research in the relevant field.
[ Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s) ].
7. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
8. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 47 years for Persons with Disabilities.
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., O.B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal :
For S.C., S.T. and O.B.C. candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
[ vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Acxt, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 06th April, 1995 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24th September, 2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12th July, 2013. ]
For Persons with Disabilities :
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals.
[ vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1999 ]
(b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquirers about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
9. Candidates must fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
10. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
11. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
12. Canvassing in any form will Disqualify the Candidate.
13. All Information Regarding Recruitment to the Post will be available, time to time, in the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
14. West Bengal PSC Director Application 2016 : Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from the 04th August, 2016; 11:30 A.M. onwards.
15. Closing Date for Receipt WBPSC Director Online Application 2016 : 26th August, 2016.
16. Last Date of West Bengal PSC Director Fees Payment ( For all categories of post ) : 26th August, 2016.
Note : West Bengal Public Service Commission Director Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 29th August, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 26th August, 2016.