West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 for Sub Officer
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment. The post is permanent.
N.B. : Ability to read, write and Speak in Bengali is an Essential Qualification for Recruitment to the Posts and Services. Provided that the said Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali is not applicable. For those candidates whose mother tongue is nepali unless mentioned otherwise against any particular posts. This will be Tested at the time of Interview.
Name of the West Bengal PSC Post 2016 : Sub-Officer
West Bengal PSC Department 2016 : Fire and Emergency Service.
No. of Vacancy for West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer 2016 : 51 (OBC-A – 05, OBC-B – 03, SC – 11, ST – 03)
West Bengal PSC Sub Officer Pay Scale 2016 : (P.B – 03)7,100/- – 37,600/- plus Grade Pay of 3,900/-
West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer Eligibility 2016 :
West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer Qualifications 2016 : Essential :
- Degree in Science with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics of a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Swimming Certificate from any recognized Club or Institute.
2. Physical Measurement :
- Height – 5’-6” (For Gorkhas and other hill tribe candidates – 5’-3”).
- Chest – 32” after full expiration with a minimum expansion of 2”.
West Bengal PSC Endurance Test 2016 :
- 500 Metres run with Delivery Hose – within 2 minutes 50 seconds.
- 800 Metres run – within 3 minutes 40 seconds.
- Long Jump – 3 metres.
West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer Recruitment Age Limit 2016 :
Not less than 20 years and not more than 27 years as on 01st January, 2016.
WBPSC Recruitment 2016 Sub-Officer Fee Details :
160/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Government Duty or Service Charge of 5/- for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- only for payment through Bank counter (off-line payment).
S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption of Fee is available to S.C./S.T./B.C. Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment 2016 Information :
1. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
2. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
3. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for West Bengal Public Service Commission interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects / higher standard of marks / grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test. The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of vacancies in each level of examination i.e. written, interview and in aggregate.
4. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned.
5. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research.
[ Candidates must possess certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay within the closing date of Advertisement. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
6. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
7. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and the benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 3 years admissible only to O.B.C.-A and O.B.C.-B candidates of West Bengal. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Candidates must Possess proof of belonging to an O.B.C.-A / O.B.C.-B / S.C. / S.T. / Persons with Disability Certificate issued within the Closing Date of Advertisement and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
8. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
9. Application Forms, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect would be summarily rejected. If any candidate submits more than one application against any particular post, the candidature of the said candidate will be summarily rejected.
10. Canvassing in any form will Disqualify the Candidate.
11. All Information Regarding Recruitment to the Post will be available, time to time, in the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
12. West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer Application 2016 : Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from the 09th August, 2016.
13. Closing date for receipt WBPSC Sub-Officer online application 2016 : 30th August, 2016.
14. Last date of West Bengal PSC Sub-Officer fees payment : 30th August, 2016.
15. Candidates must fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
16. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as required by the Commission.
Note :West Bengal Public Service Commission Sub-Officer Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 31st August, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 30th August, 2016.
N.B. : Mobile Phones, Bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.