West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2015 for Probation Cum After Care Officer
Applications in the prescribed format given at the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website at http:://www.pscwbonline.gov.in are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals belonging to OBC-A & OBC-B category only as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post of Probation Cum After Care Officer. The post is temporary but likely to be permanent.
N.B. : Ability to read, write and speak in bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to all posts and services mentioned below. Provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in Bengali is not applicable for Nepali speaking candidates from the hill areas of the district of Darjeeling unless mentioned otherwise against any particular post(s). This will be tested at the time of interview.
Probation-Cum-After Care Officer under the Department of Correctional Administration, Govt. of W.B. in West Bengal General Service.
WBPSC Probation Cum After Care Officer 2015 Qualifications : Essential :
- Degree of recognized University or its equivalent;
- Administrative experience or social welfare works for at least two years.
Pay Scale for WBPSC Probation Cum After Care Officer 2015 : P.B.-4, 9,000/- – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,400/-.
WBPSC WBPSC Probation Cum After Care Officer Age Limit 2015 : Age between 30 and 40 years as on 01.01.2014.
N.B. : Probationary period : 2 years.
Fee : 160/- ( Rupees one hundred and sixty ) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) for online payment through debit / credit card plus 14% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- ( Rupees Twenty ) only for payment through Bank counter ( off-line payment ). No claim for refund of fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination. Applications can be submitted through online only in Commission’s website at www.pscwbonline.gov.in from 27th June, 2015. Before applying for the post, candidates are required to register as per ‘One Time Registration’ scheme through the same website.
Information for WBPSC Recruitment 2015
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the WBPSC advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the WBPSC Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either qualifications or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test.
- In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research. [ Candidates must possess certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay within the closing date of WBPSC Advertisement. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s) ].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefits of reservation of WBPSC vacancies and upper age concession upto 3 years are admissible only to O.B.C.-A & O.B.C.-B candidates of West Bengal. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Candidates must possess proof of belonging to an O.B.C.-A / O.B.C.-B issued within the closing date of WBPSC advertisement and to claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
- Application Forms, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect would be summarily rejected. If any candidate submits more than one application against any particular post, the candidature of the said candidate will be summarily rejected.
- All information regarding recruitment to the above post will be published from time to time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in
- Applications for WBPSC can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online Applications forms will be commencing from 29th June, 2015.
- Closing Date for Receipt of Application : The 8th July, 2015.
- Last Date of Fees Payment : The 8th July, 2015.Note : Offline payment of fees can be made upto the 9th July, 2015 at any branches of UBI. However, the challan for making the payment in Bank should be generated by the 8th July, 2015.
- Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as required by the WBPSC Commission.