West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 for Principal
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post. The post is temporary but likely to be permanent.
N.B.: Those who had already applied in response to West Bengal Public Service Commission’s need not require to apply and their cases will be taken into consideration for recruitment to the post.
Note : Ability to Read, write and Speak in Bengali is an Essential Qualification for Recruitment to the Posts and Services. Provided that the said Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali Including the ability to Read, Write and Speak in Bengali for Recruitment to the Following Post, Shall not be applicable to those Candidates whose Mother Tongue is Nepali. This will be tested at the time of Interview.
Principal, Eklabya Model Residential Schools (English Medium Higher Secondary Co-Ed) Under the Tribal Development Department, Government of West Bengal – No. of Vacancies : Five (One Each Reserved for S.C. and S.T. Candidates)
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale : 9,000/- – 40,500/- (P.B.-4) plus Grade Pay of 5,400/-.
Qualifications for West Bengal PSC Principal Recruitment 2016 :
- Master‘s degree in any schooling subjects from a recognized university;
- M.Ed. or B.Ed. of a recognized University or Institution, or Bachelor’s degree in Teaching of a recognized University or Institution, or Post Graduate Basic Training of any Teachers’ Training Institute recognized by the National Council of Teachers’ Education;
- Having experience of at least ten years continuous service as teacher in an English Medium High or Higher Secondary School recognized by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education/West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education/Central Board of Secondary Education/Indian Council of Secondary Education.
WBPSC Principal Recruitment 2016 Age Limit : Not more than 45 years on 01st January, 2016.
West Bengal PSC Fee 2016 Details : For all categories of post 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Government Duty or Service Charge of 5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (offline payment).
SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption of fee is available to SC/ST/BC Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 Information
1. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
2. Submission of more than one application for one Particular Post is Strictly Forbidden. The Candidature of a Candidate who Submits more than one application for Admission to the Selection Procedure, will be Cancelled even if he/she is admitted to the same.
3. All the degrees/diplomas/certificates must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
4. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. In the Cases of Screening Test/Written Test, Candidates Suffering from Blindness or low Vision will be allowed the help of a Scribe, if Required.
If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
West Bengal Public Service Commission has discretion to fix up qualifying marks in each level of examination, i.e. written test/preliminary screening test, interview and in aggregate.
5. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. Such experience would only mean acquiring experience after obtaining the necessary qualification and not before obtaining such qualification.
[Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
7. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
8. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities.
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below :
For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
[vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Act, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Department Order No.261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Department Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.]
For Persons with Disabilities :
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub Divisional Hospitals.
[vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
(b) West Bengal Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
9. Candidates must Fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
10. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by West Bengal Public Service Commission.
11. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
12. Canvassing in any form will Disqualify the Candidate.
13. All Information Regarding Recruitment to the Post will be available, Time to Time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
14. Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from : The 5th October, 2016; 11:30 A.M. onwards.
15. Closing date for receipt West Bengal PSC online application : The 2nd November, 2016.
16. Last date of West Bengal PSC fees payment (For all categories of post) : The 2nd November, 2016.
Note : West Bengal Public Service Commission Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 3rd November, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 2nd November, 2016.
17. West Bengal PSC Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in.
N.B. : Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination.