West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017 for Lecturer
West Bengal Public Service Commission
161A, S.P. Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026.
1. Common Preliminary Screening Test for the posts of Lecturer in Computer Science & Technology in Government Polytechnics in West Bengal General Service under the Department of Technical Education and Training, Government of West Bengal
- Advertisement No : 14[3(xi)]/2014
- Venue : (i) Chetla Girls’ High School, 66/1, Joynuddi Mistri Lane, Kolkata – 700 027.
2. Common Preliminary Screening Test for the posts of Lecturer in Computer Software Technology in Government Polytechnics in West Bengal General Service under the Department of Technical Education and Training, Government of West Bengal
- Advertisement No : 14[3(xii)]/2014
- Venue : (ii) P.S.C. Examination Hall, 161A, S.P.Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026.
The candidates are requested to download their e-admission certificate from West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in on and from the 9th January, 2017 at 11.30 A.M. onwards for both the posts.
No admission certificate will be issued from the office of the Commission. In case of any inconvenience, the candidates may contact in person to West Bengal Public Service Commission’s office on 19th January, 2017 and 20th January, 2017 in between 11:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. for both the posts.
West Bengal PSC Exam Scheme for Lecturer
- Type of Test : MCQ Type in OMR sheet with four different series, viz. A, B, C & D.
- Full Marks : 100
- No.of questions : 100 multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be negative marking for each wrong answer as per norms @/4 mark for each wrong answer.
- Duration of Test : 1 hour 30 minutes.
West Bengal PSC Syllabus for Lecturer
Microprocessor & Microcontrollers : Difference between microprocessor and microcontrollers 8-bit microprocess (8085 as an example) Addressing modes, Instruction set, Instruction cycles, machine eye Interrupts, DMA, Parallel interface, Serial interface Introductory concept of 16 bit processor on 8086
Operating System : Concepts of synchronization : Semaphore, Critical region, Inter process communication etc.;* Process management : Different scheduling techniques. Memory management & File Management Deadlock detection, prevention and avoidance.
System Software : Assembler, Macros, Loader, Linker etc. concept.
Computer Network : ISO/OSI stack, Ethernet & Token ring architecture, Error control mechanisms, TCP/UDP and sockets, JP(V4), IP(V6) Concept of Hub, Gateway, Switch and ronter Network security, Cryptography, secret key and public key digital signature, Firewall etc.
Graph Theory : Graph, Multigraph, Degree of a vertex, Path, Connectivity Complete graph, Regular graph, Bipartite graph, sparining tree, Kruskal’s algorithm, Prim’s algorithm, eulertour, Hamiltonian graph. Travelling Salesman problem.
Database Design : E-R diagram, Data flow diagram, Data models: Relational & Hiearchi query Language, Relational algebra, Predicate calculus, Functional dependencies, Normal forms INF, 2NF, 3NF, BCNF Transaction & concurrency control. syllabus for recruitment to the post of Lecturer in Computer Science & Technology/Computer Software Technology for Government Polytechnics.
Digital Logic Design : Fundamentals of Boolean Algebra Basic gates & Universal gates Logic minimization techniques Difference between combinational & sequential logic Flip-flops, Counter, Shift register etc.
Circuit Theory : DC circuits : linear & nonlinear, Kirchoff s law Impedance and reactance *Superposition theorem, Reciprocity theorem, Thevnin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem, Maximum Power Transfer etc.
Basic Electronics : Elementary semiconductor physics P-N junction diode, Zener diode. BJT, FET, MOSFET, CMOS, Operationarampliflers.
Computer Organization & Architecture : Memory interface, cache memory, virtual memory, replacement algorithm, Arithmetic circuits, Adder, Subtracter, Multiplication, Division Floating point arithmetic Input-output interface techniques, DMA, Interrupt. Pipeline architecture, instruction pipeline, arithmetic pipeline Hazards RISC & CISC architecture concept.
Data Structure : Array, Link list, Stack, Trees, Binary trees, Binary search tree. Tree traversals, Heap, Sorting & searching techniques and their complexity analysis, Hashing technique.
Programming Languages : Concepts of C and C++ programming including pointers, mallock, callock, realloc, free etc.