WBPSC Recruitment 2017 for Inspector, Sub-Editor, Junior Programmer
West Bengal PSC applications are invited through online for the following posts :
|Item.No.||Name of the Post||Vacancies
|1.||Inspector of Legal Metrology, West Bengal Under the Control of the Directorate of Legal Metrology, West Bengal In West Bengal General Service Under The Consumer Affairs Department, Government of W.B.||7||3||1||2||1||-||-||-||14 (Fourteen)|
|2.||Sub-Editor for Urdu Language Under Information & Cultural Affairs Department, Government of W.B||1 ||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||1(One)|
|3.||Junior Programmer in the Secretariat of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal||-||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||1(One)|
1. Inspector of Legal Metrology, West Bengal Under the Control of the Directorate of Legal Metrology, West Bengal in West Bengal General Service Under The Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of W.B. : 14 (Fourteen) Posts (2 Reserved For O.B.C.-A, 1 For O.B.C.-B, 3 For S.C. & 1 For S.T.)
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale : (P.B.- 4) 9,000/- – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,400/-.
West Bengal PSC Qualifications : Essential :
- Graduate of a recognized university in Science (With Physics as one of the subjects), Technology or Engineering; OR Holds a recognized diploma in Engineering with three years experience in the field of Engineering in which the candidate has earned the diploma or in the field of Legal Metrology; and
- Is able to speak, read and write the regional language of the state, i.e., Bengali / Nepali for the candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali.
WBPSC Age Limit for Inspector Job : Not more than 32 years on 01.01.2017.
N.B. : A candidate appointed to the post of Inspector of Legal Metrology shall have to complete successfully the basic training course at the Indian Institute of Legal Metrology established by the Central Government under Section 76 of the Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1976 (60 of 1976), and clear Half-yearly Departmental Examination before he/she is being considered for confirmation to the post.
2. Sub-Editor for Urdu Language Under Information & Cultural Affairs Department, Government of W.B.–1 (One) Post.
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale : (P.B.-4) 9,000/- – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,400/-.
Qualifications for West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017 :
(a) Essential :
- An Honours degree from a recognized University.
- 3 (Three) years experience as Sub-editor or Working Journalist in any media house of repute; or 3 (Three) years experience as Mass Communication practitioner in the Public Relations Wing of Government, Semi-Government Organisation or/and Corporate House or reputed Advertisement Agencies with experience of bringing out house journals and publicity materials in print media.
- Knowledge, experience and ability to prepare original manuscripts in Urdu and reproductions of illustrations.
- Knowledge, experience and ability to translate from English to Urdu and vice versa.
- Thorough knowledge and ability of proof reading in Urdu.
- Knowledge, experience and ability to undertake and supervise computer aided page designing.
(b) Desirable :
- A degree or diploma or certificate in computer operation with knowledge in Pagemaker or Corel Draw or Free Hand and Photoshop.
- A degree or diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication or Public Relations.
WBPSC Age Limit for Sub-Editor Job : Not more than 35 years on 01.01.2017, relaxable at the discretion of the Commission, for candidates having higher qualifications and/or longer experiences than those prescribed.
3. Junior Programmer in the Secretariat of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal–1 (One) Post (Reserved For S.C.)
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale : (P.B.-4) 9,000/- 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,400/-.
Qualifications for West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017 :
- BCA or B.Sc in Computer Science with First Class or at least 60% of marks or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institute or B.Sc. with DOEACC ‘A’ level.
- One year’s experience in Computer Programming in an Institution/Organisation of repute.
WBPSC Age Limit for Junior Programmer Job : Not more than 35 years on 01.01.2017, relaxable at the discretion of the Commission, for candidates having higher qualifications and/or longer experience than those prescribed hereinabove and for persons holding substantive appointment under the Government.
West Bengal PSC Fee Details : 160/- (Rupees one hundred and sixty) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- (Rupees Five) for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of 5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank counter (off-line payment).
S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption of fee is available to SC/ST/BC Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017 Information :
1. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
2. All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
3. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either qualifications or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test. The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of vacancies in each level of examination i.e. written, interview and in aggregate.
4. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned.
5. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research. [Candidates must possess certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay within the closing date of Advertisement. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
6. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
7. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal & the benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 3 years are admissible only to O.B.C.-A & O.B.C.-B candidates of West Bengal. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Candidates Must Possess Proof of Belonging to an O.B.C.-A/O.B.C.-B/S.C./S.T./Persons with Disability Certificate Issued within the Closing Date of Advertisement and no Claim in this Regard will be Entertained Afterwards.
8. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
9. West Bengal Public Service Commission Application Forms, not Properly Filled in or Incomplete in any Respect would be Summarily Rejected. If any Candidate Submits More than one Application Against any Particular Post, The Candidature of the Said Candidate will be Summarily Rejected.
10. Canvassing in any form will Disqualify the Candidate.
11. All information regarding recruitment to the above post will be published from time to time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in & http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in.
12. West Bengal PSC Application : Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in.
Filling up of online application forms will be commencing from : The 31st January, 2017.
13. Closing Date for Receipt of West Bengal PSC Application : The 22nd February, 2017.
14. Last date of fees payment (For all categories of post) : The 22nd February, 2017.
15. Candidates must Fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
16. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as required by the Commission.
17. Note : offline payment of fees can be made up to 23rd February, 2017 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 22nd February, 2017.