West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2014 for Industrial Chemist, Geological Assistant
West Bengal PSC Applications 2014 in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. All the West Bengal PSC posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
N.B. : Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to all posts and services mentioned below. Provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in bengali is not applicable for nepali speaking candidates from the hill areas of the district of Darjeeling unless mentioned otherwise against any particular post(s). This will be tested at the time of interview.
1. Industrial Chemist, West Bengal Factories Service under the Directorate of Factories, West Bengal under the Labour Department, G.E. Branch – Two ( 1 reserved for S.T. ).
Qualifications : Essential : A 2nd Class Master’s Degree in Chemistry of a recognised University or an equivalent degree.
WBPSC Industrial Chemist Desirable 2014 : Experience in analytical and research work.
WBPSC Industrial Chemist Pay Scale 2014 : P.B. – 4, 9,000/- – 40,500/- with Grade Pay of 4,700/-.
Age Limit for WBPSC Industrial Chemist 2014 : Not more than 35 years on 01.01.2014 relaxable for well qualified and experienced candidates.
2. Geological Assistant / Geo-Hydrological Assistant under State Water Investigation Directorate, kolkata under water resources investigation & development department, west bengal – Twenty [ ( 2 reserved for OBC - A, 1 for OBC - B, 4 for S.C., 2 for S.T. & 1 for P.D. ( Hearing Impairment ) ].
WBPSC Geological Assistant / Geo-Hydrological Assistant Qualifications 2014 : A 2nd Class Hons. Degree or Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology from a recognised University or its equivalent.
WBPSC Geological Assistant / Geo-Hydrological Assistant Pay Scale 2014 : P.B. – 3, 7,100/- – 37,600/- Entry level pay of 8,650/- with Grade Pay of 4,100/- .
Age Limit for WBPSC Geological Assistant / Geo-Hydrological Assistant 2014 : Not more than 32 years on 01.01.2014.
WBPSC Geological Assistant / Geo-Hydrological Assistant Duties 2014 : To assist Geologists or Sr. Geologist in the matter of Geological Survey & Investigation.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Fee 2014 : Candidates must enclose with their application a fee of 160/- ( Rupees one hundred and sixty ) only for all the posts by Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of West Bengal Public Service advertisement 2014 and crossed and endorsed to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, or by a receipted Challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head‚ 0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees.
The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata. Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. will not be accepted. No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fees. Candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under Persons With Disabilities Rules, 1999 are not required to pay any fee. The WBPSC application 2014 of such candidates will not be accepted if the same is not accompanied with the attested copy of S.C. / S.T. / Persons with Disabilities certificate. Such exemption of fees is, however, not applicable to any B.C. candidate. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
1. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate application alongwith requisite fees for each.
2. The qualifications prescribed in the WBPSC advertisement 2014 are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
3. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the West Bengal PSC advertisement 2014 must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
4. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the WBPSC interview 2014. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the West Bengal Public Service Commission to interview all the applicants the West Bengal Public Service Commission may restrict the number of candidates for WBPSC interview 2014 to a reasonable limit on the basis of either qualifications or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the WBPSC advertisement 2014 or on the basis of a Preliminary Examinations / Screening Test.
5. In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research. [ Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be furnished together with applications. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s) ].
7. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
8. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to B.C. candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Proof of belonging to an S.C or S.T. or B.C. or persons with disability must be submitted along with the West Bengal PSC application form 2014 and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
9. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the WBPSC advertisement 2014 his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
10. West Bengal PSC Applications 2014 should be sent to the following address and superscribing on the envelope “1.Advertisement No. II. Item No. & III. Name of the post applied for‛ so as to reach him on or before the closing date. Application may also be submitted personally between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on all working days to the above address of the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s office on or before the closing date. :
Public Service Commission, West Bengal,
161 – A, S.P.Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026.
11. Completed application must be submitted along with the copies of the following documents either Self Certified or attested by competent authority :
- Madhyamik or equivalent certificate.
- OBC-A / OBC-B / S.C. / S.T. / Persons with Disability certificate issued by competent authority.
- Registration certificate for citizenship ( if by registration ) as required under item 9(b) of the application.
- Marksheet and certificate for each examination passed.
- Experience certificate.
12. West Bengal PSC Application forms 2014, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected.
13. Submission of more than one application for a particular category of post is strictly forbidden. The candidature of a candidate who submits more than one application for any particular post will be cancelled even if he / she is admitted to the same.
14. Two self-addressed unstamped envelopes should be enclosed with the application.
15. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
16. Candidates may obtain the details of the post, information and Application Format through the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in. All information regarding recruitment to the above posts will be published from time to time, in the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s said website.
17. Photograph : The candidates must submit one copy of his / her recent passport size photograph duly signed by him / her which should be pasted on the first page in the space provided for the purpose in the West Bengal Public Service Commission application form 2014. In cases of Preliminary Examination / Screening Tests an identical copy of the photograph will be required for pasting on the Attendance Sheet to be sent by this office along with the Admit Card.
18. Closing Date for Receipt of WBPSC Application : The 29th September, 2014.
19. Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
20. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished along with the application within the closing date of the submission of WBPSC application. No claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.