West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2014 for District Inspector / Additional District Inspector, Senior Scientific Officer
Applications in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other Nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. Posts at sl. no. 1 is temporary but likely to be permanent and posts at sl. no. 2 is permanent.
N.B. Ability to read, write and speak in bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to the posts and services mentioned below. Provided mentioned below. Provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in bengali is not applicable for nepali speaking candidates from the hill areas of the district of darjeeling unless mentioned otherwise against any particular posts. This will be tested at the time of interview.
1. District Inspector / Additional District Inspector of schools in the West Bengal Educational service under the school education department, government of west bengal – two ( one reserved for S.C. candidates ).
WBPSC District Inspector / Additional District Inspector Pay Scale 2014 : 15,600/- – 42,000/- ( P.B. – 4A ) plus Grade Pay 5,400/-.
Qualifications for WBPSC District Inspector / Additional District Inspector 2014 :
- Second class Master’s Degree of a recognized university in India or equivalent qualifications,
- Degree in teaching of an Indian university or equivalent qualifications,
- Three years’ experience of inspection work or in teaching in school,
- Ability to undertake touring,
- Familiarity with modern outlook and method of school inspection,
- Capacity for planning and organization &
- Good power of expression in Bengali – spoken and written.
Age Limit for WBPSC District Inspector / Additional District Inspector 2013 : Not more than 35 years as on 01.01.2014, relaxable for otherwise well-qualified and experienced candidates and for persons holding substantive appointment under the Education Department, Government of West Bengal.
2. Senior Scientific Officer under biology division of the west bengal forensic science laboratory in west bengal general service under home ( Police ) Department – Two ( One reserved for S.T. candidates ).
WBPSC Senior Scientific Officer Pay Scale 2014 : 15,600/- – 42,000/- ( P.B. – 4A ) plus Grade Pay 5,400/-.
WBPSC Senior Scientific Officer Qualifications 2014 :
- A second class Master’s Degree in Zoology / Botany / Physiology / Anthropology / Bio-Chemistry / Chemistry with specialization in Organic Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent and
- Five years’ experience of analytical methods and research. Or
- A degree in Science with Zoology / Botany / Physiology / Anthropology / Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognized University or equivalent and
- Seven years’ experience in Forensic Biology.
Desirable : Experience of work in a recognized Forensic Science Laboratory.
Age Limit for WBPSC Senior Scientific Officer 2014 : Not more than 35 years on 01.01.2014 relaxable for candidates other-wise well qualified and experienced.
West Bengal PSC Application Fee : Candidates must enclose with the application a fee of 210/- ( Rupees two hundred and ten ) only by Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of this advertisement and on or before the closing date of submission of application and crossed and endorsed to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, or by a receipted Challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”.
The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata. Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. will not be accepted. No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fees. Candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities specified under Persons with Disabilities Rules, 1999 are not required to pay any fee. The application of such candidates will not be accepted if the same is not accompanied with the attested copy of S.C. / S.T. / Persons with Disabilities certificate. Such exemption of fees is, however, not applicable to any O.B.C. ( category “A” or “B” ) candidate. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
1. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each.
2. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
3. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
4. The prescribed “essential qualifications” are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Union Public Service Commission to interview all the applicants the Union Public Service Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects / higher standard of marks / grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test / Written Test. In the cases of screening test / written test, candidates suffering from blindness or low vision will be allowed the help of a scribe, if required. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
5. In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research in the relevant field. [ Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organization(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be furnished together with applications. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s) ].
7. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
8. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. ( category “A” or “B” ) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Proof of belonging to S.C. or S.T. or O.B.C. or person with disability must be submitted along with the application from and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
9. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
10. Applications should be sent strictly by registered or speed post or under certificate of posting to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 so as to reach him on or before the closing date. Application may also be submitted personally between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on all working days to the above address of the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s office on or before the closing date.
11. Completed application must be submitted along with the copies of the following documents either Self Certified or attested by competent authority :
- Madhyamik or equivalent certificate.
- S.C. / S.T. / O.B.C. ( category “A” or “B” ) / Persons with Disability certificate issued by competent authority.
- Registration certificate for citizenship ( if by registration ) as required under item 9(b) of the application,
- Mark-sheet and certificate for each examination passed,
- Registration certificate as Medical Practitioner &
- Experience certificate.
12. Application forms, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected.
13. Submission of more than one application for one particular post is strictly forbidden. The candidature of a candidate, who submits more than one application for admission to the selection procedure, will be cancelled even if he / she is admitted to the same.
14. Two self-addressed unstamped envelopes and one self-addressed post card should be enclosed with the application.
15. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
16. All information regarding recruitment to the post will be available, time to time, in the West Bengal Public Service Commission ‘s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in.
17. Photograph : The candidates must submit one copy of his / her recent passport size photograph duly signed by him / her which should be pasted on the first page in the space provided for the purpose in the application form. In cases of Preliminary Examination / Screening Tests, an identical copy of the photograph will be required for pasting on the Attendance Sheet to be sent by this office along with the Admit Card.
18. Closing date for receipt of application : The 18th February, 2014.
19. Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
20. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished along with the application within the closing date of the submission of application. No claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.