West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 for Deputy Director, Lecturer
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other Nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. The post at sl. no. 1 is permanent and the posts at sl. no. 2 are temporary but likely to be permanent.
Note : Ability to Read, Write and Speak in Bengali is an Essential Qualification for Recruitment to the Posts and Services Mentioned below Provided that the said Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali is not applicable for Nepali Speaking Candidates from the hill areas of the District of Darjeeling Unless Mentioned Otherwise Against any Particular Post(S). This will be tested at the time of Interview.
1. Deputy Director, Animal Resources Development and Deputy Director, Animal Resources Development Department & Parishad Officer in West Bengal Higher Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Service Under the Animal Resources Development Department, Government of West Bengal – No. of Vacancies : Four ( One Each Reserved for S.C. and O.B.C. Category ‘B’ Candidates )
Pay Scale for West Bengal PSC 2016 : 15,600/- – 42,000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay 6,600/-.
WBPSC Qualifications : Essential :
- A Master degree in Animal Husbandry or Bachelor degree Veterinary Science and having Registration with the West Bengal Veterinary Council constituted under the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 (52 of 1984).
- Eight years’ experience in total in the field / farm / disease investigation in laboratory, experience in the State Government / Central Government Farms, or in State Government Undertaking Farms / Central Government Undertaking Farms, or in any Joint Sector Farms under the control of State Government / Central Government;
- Knowledge of Bengali / Nepali and English – spoken and written.
- The Officers of State Service Candidates with I.D.D. (D.H.), with 15 years’ experience will also be eligible.
WBPSC Desirable :
A Degree or Diploma in Business Management of a University recognized by All India Council of Technical Education.
West Bengal PSC Age Limit : Not more than 50 years on 01.01.2016.
2. Lecturer in the Following Subjects in Government Polytechnics in the West Bengal General Service Under the Department of Technical Education & Training, Government of West Bengal
|B/LV*||HI**||LMD / CP***
|(i)||Civil Engineering ||10||7||1||3||3||1||-||-||25|
|(iii)||Mechanical Engineering||10 ||6||2||2||2||1||-||-||23|
|(iv)||Computer Science & Technology||9||3||-||1||1||-||-||-||14|
|(v)||Metallurgical Engineering ||1||2||-||-||1||-||-||-||4|
|(vi) ||Food Processing Technology||5||1||1||1||1||-||-||-||9|
|(viii) ||Survey Engineering||3||2||-||2||1||1||-||-||9|
* Blindness or low vision.
** Hearing Impairment.
***Loco-motor disability or cerebral palsy.
Pay Scale for West Bengal PSC 2016 : 15,600/- – 39,100/- plus A.G.P. of 5,400/- (A.G.P. of 6,000/- for those having M.E. / M.Tech. degree in appropriate branch ).
West Bengal PSC Age Limit : Not more than 37 years as on 01.01.2016.
WBPSC Qualifications : (a)
|For Civil Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Electrical Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Mechanical Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Computer Science & Technology||First class Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or Technology from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Metallurgical Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Food Processing Technology||First class Bachelor’s degree in Food Processing Engineering or Technology from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Architecture||First class Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Survey Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree in Survey Engineering or in Architecture or Civil Engineering or Mining Engineering with Survey Engineering as elective or compulsory subject(s) from a recognised University or Institute, or its equivalent|
|For Physics||Master’s degree in Physics with first class or equivalent from a recognised University|
|For Chemistry||Master’s degree in Chemistry with first class or equivalent from a recognised University|
|For Mathematics||Master’s degree in Mathematics with first class or equivalent from a recognised University|
|For Humanities||Master’s degree in Economics or English or Commerce with first class or equivalent from a recognised University|
Note [except for the posts at sl. no. (ix), (x), (xi) & (xii)] :
If the candidate has a Master’s degree in appropriate subject from a recognized University or Institute or its equivalent, First class award shall be required either at Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree.
(b) Must have knowledge in Bengali – spoken and written.
Explanation : If a Class / Division is not awarded, minimum of 60% marks in aggregate shall be considered equivalent to First Class / Division. If a Grade Point System is adopted, the CGPA shall be converted into equivalent marks as below :-
|Grade Point||Equivalent Percentage|
West Bengal PSC Fee Details : For all categories of post 210/- ( Rupees two hundred ten ) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- for online payment through debit / credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Government Duty or Service Charge of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- ( Rupees Twenty ) only for payment through Bank Counter ( off-line payment ).
SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO SC/ST/BC Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment Information
1. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each.
2. Submission of more than one application for one Particular Post is Strictly Forbidden. The Candidature of a Candidate who submits more than nne Application for Admission to the Selection Procedure, will be Cancelled even if he/she is admitted to the same.
3. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
4. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks / grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. In the cases of screening Test / Written Test, Candidates Suffering From Blindness Or Low Vision will be allowed the help of a Scribe, If Required. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
6. In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
7. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. [ Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
8. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
9. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities.
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below :
For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Acxt, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No.261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.]
For Persons with Disabilities :
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals.
[ vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1999 ]
(b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
10. Candidates Must Fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
11. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
12. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
13. Canvassing in any Form will Disqualify the Candidate.
14. All Information Regarding Recruitment to the Post will be available, Time to Time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
15. West Bengal Public Service Commission Application : Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from : The 16th February, 2016; 11:30 A.M. onwards.
16. Closing date for receipt West Bengal PSC online application : The 1st March, 2016.
17. Last date of West Bengal PSC fees payment ( For all categories of post ) : The 1st March, 2016.
Note : Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 2nd March, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 1st March, 2016.