West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Professor
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. The posts at sl.no. 1 are permanent and the post at sl.no. 2 is temporary but likely to be permanent.
N.B. : Ability to Read, Write and Speak in Bengali is an Essential Qualification for Recruitment to the Posts and Services Mentioned Below. Provided that the said Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali Including the ability to read, Write and speak in Bengali for Recruitment to the Following Posts, shall not be applicable to those Candidates whose Mother tongue is Nepali. This will be Tested at the Time of Interview.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Assistant Professor in the Following subjects for General Degree Colleges in the West Bengal Education Service under the Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology & Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal.
|Sl.No.||Subject||U.R.||S.C.||S.T.||O.B.C 'A'||O.B.C 'B'||P.D.||Total|
* Blindness or low vision
** Hearing Impairment
*** Loco-motor disability or cerebral palsy
Pay Scale for West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017 : 15,600/- – 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay of 6,000/-.
General Stipulations for West Bengal PSC Jobs 2017
- The minimum requirements of a good academic record, 55% marks or an equivalent grade (Grade “B” B=Good : Grade Point 3.50 – 4.49; percentage equivalent: 55-64) in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s level and qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (NET), or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test – SLET / SET), shall remain for the appointment of Assistant Professor.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment of Assistant Professor. Provided however that the candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) shall not be required for such Master’s Degree Program in disciplines for which National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited test is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Master’s level for the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-able (Physically and Visually differently-able) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-able (Physically & Visually differently-able) are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching / research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
Note 1 : A good academic record shall mean an overall record of all assessments through out the academic career, that is to say, securing on an average at least 55% marks in all examinations taken together, namely Madhyamik or equivalent, Higher Secondary or equivalent, Graduation and Master’s Degree Stage. However, 55% marks at the Masters’ Degree level is mandatory.
Note 2 : The eligibility marks of 55% or 50% as the case may be (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure e.g. 54.1% and above or 49.1% and above should not be rounded off to 55% or 50% respectively.
West Bengal PSC Assistant Professor Job 2017 Qualifications : Good academic record, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade B in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
Note : The candidates must have proficiency to communicate (spoken and written) effectively in Bengali & English.
Age : Not more than 37 (thirty-seven) years as on 01.01.2017 relaxable for certain categories as per rules.
2. Headmaster, Victoria Boys’ School, Kurseong in West Bengal Senior Educational Service (Men’s Branch) Under the School Education Department – No. of Vacancy : One (Women Unsuitable).
Pay Scale for West Bengal PSC Recruitment 2017: 15,600/- – 42,000/- (P.B. 4A) plus Grade Pay 6,600/-.
Qualifications : Essential :
- Second class Master’s Degree with Honours Degree of an Indian University or equivalent qualifications,
- Five years’ teaching experience in a responsible post, preferably as the Head of a well-established modern residential Boys’ and/or Girls’ secondary school,
- Proved capacity for development of corporate life and maintaining discipline in a secondary school &
- Ability to teach in English medium.
- B.T. and / or B.Ed. Degree of an Indian University,
- Practical training in educational administration,
- Knowledge of latest development of secondary education in India and abroad,
- Knowledge of Bengali – spoken and written &
- Knowledge of Nepali – spoken and written
Note : The minimum qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, for otherwise well-qualified candidates in cases no candidate possessing the minimum qualifications is available.
WBPSC Age Limit 2017 : Below 45 years as on 01.01.2017. Age is relaxable for otherwise well-qualified candidates and for persons holding substantive appointment in the teaching branch of the Education Department, West Bengal.
West Bengal PSC Application Fee : For all categories of post 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Government Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment). S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption of fee is available to S.C./S.T. Candidates of other States and B.C. Candidates. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal PSC Information :
1. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each.
2. Submission of more than one Application for one Particular Post is strictly Forbidden. The Candidature of a Candidate who submits more than one application for admission to the Selection Procedure, will be Cancelled even if he/she is admitted to the same.
3. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
4. All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects / higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test / Written Test. In the cases of Screening Test / Written Test, Candidates Suffering from Blindness or Low Vision will be allowed the help of a Scribe, if Required.
If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
6. In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
7. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
8. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
9. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 47 years for Persons with Disabilities for the posts at sl. no. 1 and upto 45 years for the post at sl. no. 2.
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below :
For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Acxt, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.]
For Persons with Disabilities :
- A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals. [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
- The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
10. Candidates Must Fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
11. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
12. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
13. Canvassing in any Form will Disqualify the Candidate.
14. All Information Regarding Recruitment to the Post will be available, Time to Time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
15. WBPSC Application : Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from : The 5th April, 2017; 11:30 A.M. onwards.
16. Closing date for receipt online application: The 25th April, 2017.
17. Last date of fees payment (For all categories of post) : The 25th April, 2017.
Note : Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 26th April, 2017 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 25th April, 2017.