West Bengal PSC Limited Departmental Exam for Audit and Accounts Service 2015
Public Service Commission, West Bengal
161 A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026.
West Bengal PSC Limited Departmental Examination 2015 of Eligible Employees of the Government of West Bengal for Promotion to the posts of Audit and Accounts Service.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2015 Pay Scale : In pay band 4A of 15,600 – 42,000/- having corresponding grade pay of 5,400/- as per WBS ( ROPA ) Rules, 2009. The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the aforesaid Limited Departmental Examination in Kolkata in September, 2015 or thereabout.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2015 Vacancies : 70 ( including 16 reserved for S.C. and 04 for S.T. candidates of West Bengal ).
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2015 Eligibility : Employees of the Government of West Bengal, who are in service continually for a minimum period of 8 ( eight ) years in posts carrying at least the pre-revised scale of pay of 4000/ – 8850/- Prior to WBS ( ROPA ) Rules, 2009 ( corresponding revised pay band 3 of 7,100 – 37,600/- with grade pay 3,600/- ) and above as on the date of advertisement are eligible to appear at the aforesaid examination.
The subjects and syllabi of the West Bengal PSC 2015 Examination are as follows :
|II||The Constitution of India||1½ hours||50|
|III||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||1½ hours||50|
|IV||Civil Audit, Accounts & Service Rule||3 hours||100|
|V||Arithmetic ( Madhyamik Standard )||3 hours||100|
|VI||Auditing and Accountancy||3 hours||100|
N.B. : A limited number of candidates selected on the basis of the results of the written examination will be called for personality test.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2015 Syllabus :
Paper I : Precis, drafting of notes and letters.
Paper II : Provisions of the Constitution of India regarding Finance, Audit and Accounts, Money Bills, Borrowing, Property, Contracts & Service.
Paper III : Knowledge of Geography of West Bengal and Current Affairs of National Importance.
Paper IV :
- West Bengal Service Rules, Part I
- West Bengal Service Rules, Part II ( Chapter I to IX and XIII )
- Pension rules in respect of the West Bengal Services ( Death-cum-Retirement benefit ) Rules, 1971.
- The West Bengal Financial Rules, Volume I and II.
- The West Bengal Treasury Rules, Volume I and II.
- The West Bengal Audit Manual, Part I and II.
- Government Accounting Rules – 1990.
- Accounting Rules for Treasuries – 1992.
Paper V : Arithmetic ( Madhyamik standard of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education ).
Paper VI : Accountancy and Auditing ( graduate standard ) Accountancy – Advanced Book Keeping, Single and Double Entry Book Keeping and Accounts, Bills of Exchanges, consignments, depreciation and sinking funds, self balancing ledger, trading manufacturing and profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, partnership accounts, company accounts branch account, departmental accounts, double accounts, accounts of public utility concerns, hire purchase and royalty accounts, miscellaneous accounts – fire claims for stocks, analysis of balance sheets.
Auditing – Internal check, Audit Programme, Vouching, Valuation and Verification of Assets and Liabilities, Audit and Accounts of Partnerships and Companies, Duties and Responsibilities of Auditors, Audit of various Institutions, Special feature relating to Audit of Government Companies and Public Utility Concerns.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service 2015 Training : Successful persons will have to undergo a training programme to be drawn up by the Finance Department, for a total period of 4 ( four ) months, during which they will be posted on training for two weeks in the accounts and budget branches of the Finance Department, followed by another two weeks training in the treasury, a month’s training in the Public Works Division of the Public Works Department and two month’s training in a commercial undertaking, after which they will be placed on regular charges.
The West Bengal Public Service Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any paper or all papers in the aggregate.
Eligible employees willing to appear at the aforesaid examination must submit their applications in online to the Commission’s website in prescribed proforma after obtaining necessary certificate from their respective present heads of office with seal & endorsed with office seal. Candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. category of West Bengal must furnish with their applications self-certified or attested photo copy of S.C. / S.T. certificate in prescribed form from a competent authority of W.B. as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994.
Submission of more than one application is strictly forbidden. Such applications will be summarily rejected.
Closing Date for Submission of West Bengal PSC Exam 2015 Application : The 30th June, 2015 ( up to midnight ).
How to Apply Online Application Form for WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2015 :
1. Candidates have to first go for “One Time Registration” ( link available on top of the left panel in home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in ) and fill up all the required data and uploading scanned photo and signature to get User ID and Password. The process of one time registration is mentioned in details in right panel of the home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in, in “Instruction to Candidate” link under Candidate’s Corner. However, those candidates who have earlier registered themselves with PSC, West Bengal need not to do registration again. They can use their previous User Id and Password for login into their respective Dashboards. After registration ( through one time registration link in home page ), user ID and password are displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to note down the same for future purpose.
2. With the User ID and Password, as provided to the candidate, they need to login to their Dashboard through the link “Login to your Account” which is available in right panel of the home page of the website under Candidate’s Corner. Candidates who forget their password can reset the password for which the link is available in the Candidate’s Login Page which can be opened through the link “Login to your Account”. For resetting the password, click on the “Reset Your Password” link. Then after, candidates have to provide User ID, Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grandfather’s Name. Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grandfather’s Name should match exactly the one given during One Time Registration. If all the data matches correctly, candidates will get the new password. Candidates are advised to note down the new password for future reference.
3. After login into the Dashboard, candidates will find the name of the Examination with Apply Now link. Click on the link and the application form will open.
4. The Photo and Signature of the candidate, as uploaded by them during One Time Registration, are displayed. Candidate may change the photo and / or signature, if required, by clicking the respective Edit Button/s.
5. Almost all the data in the application form will be preloaded from Candidate’s Registration, like Name, Father’s Name, Community, Sex, Date of Birth and Address. If Address of Communication and Permanent Address is same, Candidate’s has to click on Yes. Otherwise, the address with other details needs to be entered. Candidates have to enter the Service Particulars in the respective columns.
6. Candidates may fill required information in the Relevant Information Box, if required.
7. Then after, candidates have to accept the declarations as give. Accepting the declarations are mandatory. Lastly, after entering all the required data, candidates have to click the Submit Button to finally submit the application.
8. Candidates are advised to check the correctness of the data before submitting the application online, because once submitted there is no chance to change the data.