West Bengal PSC Legal Service Examination 2013
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Legal Service Examination, 2013 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Legal Service. The rules of the examination and other particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he / she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
The WBPSC Examination will be held in two successive parts, viz., (i) Written Examination ( Part – I ) and (ii) Personality Test ( Part – II ).
The Written Examination will be held in Kolkata centre only in December, 2013 or thereabout followed by the Personality Test. The Personality Test of the candidates to be selected on the results of the written examination will be held at the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s office in Kolkata.
Pay Scale for WBPSC Legal Service 2013 : ( PB-4A ) 15,600-42,000/- + Grade Pay of 5,400/- besides D.A., M.A. & H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
WBPSC Legal Service No. of Vacancy 2013 : 50 [ Unreserved – 23, SC – 10, ST – 06, BC ( Category-A ) – 05, BC ( Category-B ) – 03 and PH – 03 ( Low Vision–01 & Hearing Impaired–02 ) ]
- All appointments will initially be made on a temporary basis.
- In terms of notification bearing No.861-L dated 21st June, 2007 issued by the Law Department, Govt. of West Bengal, the persons or class of persons suffering from blindness and cerebral palsy are exempted from the purview of reservation in terms of proviso to Sec. 33 of the persons with disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996). Candidates with low vision will be allowed the help of Scribe, if required.
Qualification for WBPSC Legal Service Exam 2013 :
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India.
- A degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali ( not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling District, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong ).
WBPSC Legal Service Exam Age Limit 2013 :
Not less than 23 years and not more than 35 years on 01.01.2013 ( i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1978 and not later than the 1st January, 1990 ). Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal and by 3 years for BC candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for persons with disabilities having disability of 40% and above as per Govt. Rules. Proof of belonging to a SC or ST or BC or persons with disabilities must be submitted along with the application form and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards. Upper age limit is relaxable for the candidates serving under Govt. of West Bengal. SC, ST and BC candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as General candidates.
Exam Fee for WBPSC Legal Service 2013 :
Candidates must enclose with their application a fee of 210/- ( Rupees Two Hundred and Ten ) only by Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of WBPSC Legal Service Exam advertisement 2013 and crossed and endorsed to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal or by a receipted challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal of the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”. The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata. Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. will not be accepted. No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fees, where necessary. SC / ST candidates of West Bengal and Physically Handicapped ( 40% and above ) candidates are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is available to BC candidates. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Application Form for WBPSC Legal Service Exam 2013 :
Completed WBPSC Legal Service Exam application in the given proforma as available in the Commission’s Website [ http://www.pscwb.org.in ] with
- I.P.O. / Treasury Challan, in original, for 210/- only ( not required for SC / ST candidates of West Bengal and for candidates having physical disabilities of 40% and above ).
- One copy of his / her recent passport size photograph signed by him / her and pasted on the application.
- Attested or Self certified photocopies of certificates of age and prescribed educational qualification.
- A certificate in original from the appointing authority for relaxation of age as Government servant ( where necessary ).
- Attested or Self-certified photocopies of documents issued by competent authority in favour of SC / ST / BC / PH ( where necessary ) and
- Two unstamped self-addressed envelopes may be submitted personally in open condition at the enquiry counter of the Commission’s office at 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 between 11.00 a.m. and 03.30 p.m. on all working days ( Saturdays and Sundays are holidays ) or sent by post ( strictly by registered or speed post or U.C.P. ) on or before the closing date addressed to the Deputy Secretary ( Examination ), Public Service Commission, West Bengal at the above address superscribing on the envelope the advertisement no. and name of the examination. Applications received after the closing date shall be rejected. The application form shall be filled in candidate’s own handwriting with ball point pen in blue / black ink and signed by him / her. Should any of the statements made in the application be subsequently found to be false within the knowledge of the candidate, his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation, and even if appointed to a post on the results of this examination his / her service will be liable to be terminated. Willful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with. Candidates should take particular note that entries in their applications submitted to the Commission must be made correctly against all the items which will be treated as final and no alteration or addition in this regard will be entertained after submission of the application.
Applications not duly filled in or found incomplete or without requisite documents or defective in any respect will be liable to rejection. In case any of the columns of the Application Form is left unfilled the Application will be treated as incomplete / defective and will be summarily rejected. Candidates in service of Government, a Local or Statutory Body must submit their applications in prescribed form with the requisite documents direct to the Commission’s office within the closing date. Candidates in service of Government, a Local or Statutory Body are required to submit an undertaking ( as in the declaration printed in the Application Form ) to the effect that they have informed, in writing, their Head of Office / Department as to their applying for the examination.
Particulars and Certificates Required for WBPSC Legal Service Exam 2013 :
- A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above ) must have a certificate in support of his / her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below : For S.C., S.T. & B.C. Candidates [vide the W.B.S.C. & S.T. ( Identification ) Act, 1994 and S.C. & T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order No.6320-BCH/MR-84/10, dated 24.09.2010]
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, in this behalf. For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) [ vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1999] A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and Sub-divisional Hospitals.
- The Public Service Commission may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility. Original Certificates and photocopies of certificates duly attested relating to citizenship ( by registration ), age, qualifications, caste ( SC / ST / BC ), Physical disability ( 40% and above ) and previous employment will have to be submitted when the Commission asks for them. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his / her candidature within the time specified by the Commission, his / her claim for allotment may be passed over without further reference to him / her.
WBPSC Legal Service Medical Examination 2013 : Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
Canvassing : Any attempt on the part of a candidate to enlist support for his / her application through persons, officials of Government, or agencies will disqualify him / her for appointment. Spontaneous recommendations from persons interested in the candidates, or otherwise known to them, will be disregarded and will render the candidates ineligible.
Results of the WBPSC Legal Service Examination 2013 : The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature / allotment will be cancelled.
Closing Date for Receipt of Application for WBPSC Legal Service Exam 2013 : The 16th September, 2013.