West Bengal PSC Disaster Management Officer Limited Departmental Exam 2014
Public Service Commission, West Bengal.
Limited Departmental Examination of eligible employees for promotion to the post of Disaster Management Officer in the Directorate of Disaster Management, West Bengal, 2014.
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the Limited Departmental Examination of eligible employees for promotion to the post of Disaster Management Officer in the Directorate of Disaster Management, West Bengal, 2014. The rules of the examination and other particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he / she is eligible for admission to the examination. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by the Govt.
The candidates will be selected through a competitive examination comprising written examination ( conventional type ). The WBPSC Disaster Management Officer examination 2014 will consist of two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
The WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Written Examination 2014 will be held in Kolkata centre only in June, 2014 or thereabout.
WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Pay Scale 2014 : ( PB – 3 ) 7,100 – 37,600/- + Grade Pay of 3,900/- besides D.A., M.A. & H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
No of WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Vacancy 2014 : 69 [ Unreserved – 50, SC – 15, ST – 04 ].
WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Eligibility Conditions 2014 : Employees of the department of Disaster Management, Directorate of Disaster Management, employees of the Collectorate and of the offices subordinate to it, including block offices under the Govt. of West Bengal and having a degree of a recognized university and 5 ( five ) years’ experience in a clerical post in an office mentioned above are eligible to appear.
1. Candidates belonging to SC or ST community of West Bengal must furnish with their applications self-attested or attested photocopy of SC or ST certificate in prescribed form from a competent authority of West Bengal.
2. Completed application must be submitted along with the photocopies of the documents regarding qualification either self-attested or attested by competent authority.
3. Candidates are required to submit on the body of the application a certificate from the Head of the office / Department ( as printed in the Application Form ) as to their length of service in a clerical post in relevant office.
4. WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Application Forms, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected.
5. Submission of more than one application is strictly forbidden. Candidature of those who submit more than one application shall be rejected.
6. One copy of candidates’ recent passport size photograph duly signed by him / her ( An identical copy of the photograph will be required for pasting on the Attendance Sheet to be sent by this office along with the Admit Card for eligible candidates ) must be pasted on the application form at appropriate place.
7. A candidate should note that his / her admission to the examination will be deemed provisional subject to determination of his / her eligibility in all respects.
8. A candidate must abide by the instructions as may be given by Supervisor / Invigilator of the Examination. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct he / she will render himself / herself liable to expulsion from the Examination Hall and / or such other punishment as the West Bengal Public Service Commission may deem fit to impose.
9. A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the West Bengal Public Service Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
10. Candidates must fulfill the essential qualifications by the closing date.
11. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Application 2014 in the given proforma as available in the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s website [ http://www.pscwb.org.in ] may be submitted personally in open condition at the enquiry counter of the West Bengal Public Service Commission’s office at 161 – A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkatta – 700 026 between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on all working days ( Saturdays and Sundays are holidays ) or sent by post ( strictly by registered or speed post ) on or before the closing date addressed to the Deputy Secretary ( Examination ), Public Service Commission, West Bengal at the above address superscribing on the envelope the advertisement no. and name of the examination. Applications received after the closing date shall be rejected. The application form shall be filled in candidate’s own handwriting in blue / black ink and signed by him / her.
12. Closing date for receipt of WBPSC Disaster Management Officer application 2014 : 21.04.2014.
13. WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Scheme and Syllabus 2014
1. The WBPSC Disaster Management Officer examination 2014 will consist of two papers :
a. Paper I English and Bengali / Nepali : 50 marks each, total marks being 100.
b. Paper II Arithmetic and General Knowledge including Current Affairs : 50 marks each, total being 100.
N.B. : 50 marks on Arithmetic, 30 marks are allotted to questions on General Knowledge and 20 marks on Current Affairs.
WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Exam Duration for each paper I & II : 3 hours.
Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the above examination.
The Public Service Commission will have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any paper or in each group of papers or all papers and in the aggregate with option to adopt a relaxed standard for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates.
2. The WBPSC Disaster Management Officer Exam syllabus and other details of the examination are given below :
Paper I : English – precis writing, paragraph writing, report writing, translation from Bengali / Nepali into English and Grammar.
Bengali / Nepali – Letter writing, Summary writing, Translation from English into Bengali / Nepali and Grammar.
Paper II : Arithmetic – Simplification, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Time & Work and Areas of rectangle / square / circle.
General Knowledge including Current Affairs : Questions will be set to test the general knowledge of a candidate in different spheres.
The standard of examination in Paper I ( English and Bengali / Nepali ) will be that of Higher Secondary Examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and in Paper II ( Arithmetic ) will be that of Madhyamik Examination of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.