West Bengal PSC Civil Service ( Executive ) Main Exam 2016 – WBCS Executive Preliminary Exam
West Bengal Civil Service ( Executive ) etc. ( Main ) Examination, 2016.
[ From the 18th August to 21st August, 2016 ]
( Candidates should carefully note the following instructions ).
1. Admission to the West Bengal PSC Civil Service ( Executive ) Main Examination 2016 is provisional subject to verification of eligibility of the candidates in all respects on the basis of the original certificates to be furnished when asked for by the West Bengal Public Service Commission. Candidates should note that if at any stage after issue of the WBPSC Civil Service ( Executive ) main exam admit card 2016 they are found to be ineligible for admission to the examination in terms of advertisement for the examination, their candidature will be cancelled without further reference to them.
2. The dates of WBPSC Civil Service ( Executive ) main examination 2016 are subject to alteration in unavoidable circumstances.
3. Candidates should particularly note the instructions printed on the WBPSC Civil Service ( Executive ) main exam admit card 2016.
4. Adoption of any sort of unfair means during the examination including copying or allowing other(s) to copy or possessing unauthorized reading materials or communicating with one another may lead to punishment to the extent of cancellation of candidature and / or debarment from applying and appearing at subsequent examination(s) and selection(s) conducted by the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
5. While filling in the space provided on the front page of the Answer Book for Name, Roll Number etc., the candidate should also put his signature in the space provided on the front page. The candidate should take care so that his signature on the front page of the Answer Book and the Signature to be given by him in the Attendance Sheet ( with photo ) are identical. Any correction made by him on the front page of the Answer Book should be countersigned by the Invigilator on duty failing which his / her script may be liable to rejection.
6. No electronic gadget of communication, mobile phone etc. shall be allowed inside the examination hall. There shall be no arrangements for safe – keeping of such electronic items, if brought by candidates, in the venue of WBCS Executive examination. Violation of any of the instructions will attract stern measures including cancellation of candidature.
Time Table for WBPSC Civil Service Main Written Examination Compulsory & Optional Subjects
|Date||Forenoon Session ( 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. )||Afternoon Session ( 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. )|
|18th August, 2016 ( Thursday )||Paper - I : Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali / Santali - Letter writing ( within 150 words ) / Drafting of Report ( within 200 words ), Precis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali / Santali.||Paper - II : English - Letter writing ( within 150 words ) / Drafting of Report ( within 200 words ), Precis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali / Santali to English.|
|19th August, 2016 ( Friday )||Paper - III : |
General Studies - I :
i. Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and
ii. Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
|Paper - IV :
General Studies - II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
|20th August, 2016 ( Saturday )||Paper - V : The Constitution of India & India Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.||Paper - V : Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning.|
|21st August, 2016 ( Sunday )||Optional Subject ( Paper - I )||Optional Subject ( Paper - II )|
Detailed Syllabus for West Bengal Civil Service ( Executive ) Main Exam 2016 : www.pscwbonline.gov.in/docs/400022