West Bengal PSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Recruitment Examination 2015
|Commencement of Submission of Online Application for WBPSC Exam 2015 : The 13th April, 2015 from 11:30 a.m.|
|Closing Date for Submission of WBPSC Exam Fees 2015 : The 6th May, 2015.|
|Closing Date for Submission of WBPSC Exam 2015 Online Application : The 4th May, 2015.|
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the Assistant Public Prosecutors Recruitment Examination, 2015 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor. The necessary particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he / she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
The WBPSC Public Prosecutors Recruitment Examination 2015 will be held in two successive stages, viz.,
- Written Examination ( Conventional Type ) and
- Personality Test.
The West Bengal PSC Public Prosecutors Written Examination will be held in Kolkata on 25th July ( Saturday ) & 26th July ( Sunday ), 2015 or thereabout. The WBPSC Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata.
Scale of Pay for WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors 2015 : ( PB-4A ) 15,600-42,000/- + Grade Pay of 5,400/- besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor Vacancies 2015 : 71 [ Unreserved – 35, SC – 17, ST – 4, BC Category A – 7, BC Category B – 6, PWD – 2 ].
- In terms of Notification bearing No.386J dt. 24.01.2007 issued by the Judicial Department, Govt. of West Bengal, the persons or class of persons suffering from blindness and cerebral palsy are exempted from the purview of reservation in terms of proviso to Sec. 33 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 ( 1 of 1996 ). Candidates with low vision will be allowed the help of scribe, if required.
- All appointments will initially be made on a temporary basis.
Qualification for WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam 2015 :
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India;
- A degree in Law from a recognized University.
- A minimum 3 ( three ) years’ continuous practice as a Lawyer on the date of application and must be either an Advocate* or a Barrister-at-Law*.
*The certificate of continuous practice as a Lawyer should be issued by competent authority of the Bar Association or from the District Judge or from the Presiding Officer of the Court in which the candidate practised as to his / her practice as a Lawyer, mentioning clearly the nature of duties performed and the duration of the experience obtained.
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Age Limit 2015 : Not less than 25 years and not more than 35 years on 01.01.2015 ( i.e. born not earlier than 02.01.1980 and not later than 01.01.1990 ). Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities having physical disability of 40% and above as per Govt. Rules. SC, ST and BC candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as General candidates.
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam Fee 2015 : 210/- ( Rupees two hundred ten ) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) only for online payment through debit / credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- ( Rupees Twenty ) only for payment through Bank Counter ( offline payment ).
SC / ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities ( PWD ) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No exemption of fee is available to SC / ST / BC candidates of other states. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Application for West Bengal PSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam 2015 : Applications can be submitted through online only.
How to Apply Online for WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors 2015 : Candidates have to first go for “One Time Registration” ( link available on top of the left panel in home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in ) and fill up all the required data and uploading scanned photo and signature to get User ID and Password. The process of one time registration is mentioned in details in right panel of the home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in, in “Instruction to Candidate” link under Candidate’s Corner. However, those candidates who have earlier registered themselves with PSC, West Bengal need not to do registration again. They can use their previous User Id and Password for login into their respective Dashboards.
With the User ID and Password, as provided to the candidate, they need to login to their Dashboard through the link “Login to your Account” which is available in right panel of the home page of the website under Candidate’s Corner. Candidates who forget their password can reset the password for which the link is available in the Candidate’s Login Page which can be opened through the link “Login to your Account”. For resetting the password, click on the “Reset Your Password” link.
Then after, candidates have to provide User ID, Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grand father’s Name. Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grand father’s Name should match exactly the one given during One Time Registration. If all the data matches correctly, candidates will get the new password. Candidates are advised to note down the new password for future reference.
After login into the Dashboard, candidates will find the name of the Examination with Apply Now link. Click on the link and the application form will be opened. Candidates are advised to read thoroughly and cautiously the documents available in the link Information to Candidates and Scheme and Syllabus present in the top of the application form before filling the application. The Photo and Signature of the candidate, as uploaded by them during One Time Registration, are displayed. Candidate may change the photo and / or signature, if required, by clicking the respective Edit Button/s.
Following is the procedure for filling up the WBPSC Exam Application Form 2015 :
1. Personal Details
- User ID – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Name – First Name, Middle Name, Last Name – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Candidate’s Date of Birth – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Do you have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list.
- Whether you are a Nepali speaking person – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list.
- Whether you are a person from any hill Sub-division namely of Darjeeling District ( Viz. Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong, Kurseong ) – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list.
- Mention the name of Sub-Division – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list.
- Note – All the points d, e and f cannot be NO. Either the candidate has to be the knowledge of Bengali or he should be Nepali speaking. If the candidate is from any three sub divisions as mentioned in point f, then it is mandatory to mention the name of the sub division.
- State you mother tongue – Candidates have to write their mother tongue.
- Place of Birth – State, District, Place – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Father’s Name, Gender, EPIC No. ( Optional ), Caste Category – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Mention Your Sub Caste, State, Issuing Authority – If the candidates are of SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B category, then they have to write their Sub Caste, select the State of Issuing Caste Certificate and have to write Issuing Authority. This is mandatory for candidates of SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B category.
- Whether you are a person with disability – By default the selected option is No. If the candidates are Handicapped in nature, then they have to select the Yes option.
- If the disability option is Yes, candidates have to State the category of disability viz., Low Vision, Hearing Impairment and Orthopaedically Handicapped as applicable.
- If the nature of disability is Low Vision, then candidates have to mention whether they need the help of a scribe. By default, the selected option is No.
2. Contact Details
- Permanent Address
- Address Line 1 – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Address Line 2 – Data preloaded from One Time Registration, if available. Not editable.
- State – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- District – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Police Station – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Post Office – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Pin Code – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Present Address ( Address of Communication ) – If the Present Address is as same as the Permanent Address, the candidates have to select the Yes option. Then the entire Permanent Address field value will be copied in the respective fields of Present Address.
- Mobile No ( Optional ) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration.
- Email ( optional ) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration.
- Whether a Citizen of India – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Whether a natural Citizen or Citizen by registration – Candidate has to select the value from drop down list.
3. WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam 2015 Qualification Details
- Educational Qualification – Candidates have to provide the details of their educational qualifications in the respective columns available in this section.
- Professional Qualification
- Specialized Field of Qualification ( Optional ) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Additional Qualification ( Optional ) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Professional Experience ( optional ) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- If candidates have any time been employed, they have to give the details in the respective columns in chronological order, starting from the present job.
4. West Bengal PSC Examination Details 2015
- If the candidate is presently engaged in any Government / Government Undertaking / PSU / Constitutional / Statutory / Autonomous body, then they have to accept the declaration that they have informed their head office in writing that they are applying for the examination. Otherwise this option can be left untouched.
- Lastly candidates have to accept the declaration that they have provided correct information. This section is mandatory.
- Finally candidates have to click on the Submit button.
5. SC, ST Candidates of West Bengal and PWD Candidates ( Handicapped Candidates ) of any State are exempted from paying fees. Their WBPSC Exam 2015 application submission status will be completed soon after submission. For rest of the candidates, they will be forwarded to Payment Module, where they need to pay the required Examination Fees with Service Charge and / or Service Tax as applicable to complete the application submission process.
6. There are two payment methodologies – Online Payment and Offline Payment.
7. In Offline Payment Mode, Candidates will get a Challan of United Bank of India ( UBI ) in their dashboard. On selecting the Offline Payment mode, candidates will be forwarded to their respective Dashboard from where they have to download the Challan by clicking the Challan button. Candidates can go to nearest UBI next working day 11:00 AM onwards and within closing hours of the bank to deposit the requisite fees. Initially, the application submission status in the dashboard of the candidate will be shown as Submitted. After depositing the fees in the bank, on next working day or two, candidate will find their WBPSC application submitted status as Completed.
8. In Online Payment mode, there will be three options of payment, viz., Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Soon after selecting the Online Payment option, candidates will be forwarded to Payment Gateway for making the payment. After successfully making the payment, candidates will be redirected to their respective Dashboard, where they will find their WBPSC application submission status as Completed.
9. In case, the payment process failed due to any technical snag, candidate will get the option to try for payment again either in Online Mode or Offline Mode. However, in Offline Mode, Challan can be generated only once.
10. Candidates can also download their Application Form ( in PDF format ) by clicking the Application Button in their Dashboard.
11. Word of Caution :
- Don’t close the website directly from your dashboard ( after login ) without Log Out. In case of illegal shut down, Candidate’s dashboard will be locked for unspecified period.
- During payment process, candidates are advised not to close the browser or press Back Button. This may severely hamper the payment process.
Particulars and Certificates required :
- A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above ) must have a certificate in support of his / her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below :
For S.C., S.T. & B.C. Candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, in this behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.Ts. ( Identification ) Act, 1994 and S.Cs. & Ts. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order No.6320-BCH/MR-84/10, dated 24.09.2010 and No.2420-BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.), dated 12.07.2013]
For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-divisional Hospitals. [ vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1999 ]
- The Public Service Commission may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility. Original Certificates and photocopies of certificates duly self-attested relating to citizenship ( by registration ), age, qualifications, caste ( SC / ST / BC ), Physical disability ( 40% and above ) and previous employment will have to be submitted when the Commission asks for them. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his / her candidature within the time specified by the Commission, his / her claim for allotment may be passed over without further reference to him / her.
No claim for being a member of the SC, ST and BC or a Person with Disability will be entertained after submission of the West Bengal PSC 2015 application.
- The candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by Supervisors / Invigilators of the Examination. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he / she will render himself / herself liable to expulsion from the Examination Hall and / or such other punishment as the Commission may deem fit to impose.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
- If at any stage even after issue of the letter of appointment, a candidate is found ineligible in terms of advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
- The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed in any case other than those mentioned in this “Information to Candidates”.
- A candidate should note that his / her admission to the examination will be deemed provisional subject to determination of his / her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage after issue of the admit card a candidate is found ineligible for admission for this examination, his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her. No candidate shall be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an admit card.
West Bengal PSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Medical Examination 2015 : Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
Canvassing : Any attempt on the part of a candidate to enlist support for his / her application through persons, officials of Government, or agencies will disqualify him / her for appointment. Spontaneous recommendations from persons interested in the candidates, or otherwise known to them, will be disregarded and will render the candidates ineligible.
Results of the WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Examination 2015 : The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature / allotment will be cancelled.
For further details and assistance the candidates may contact the following numbers on any working day from 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
( 033 ) 2262-4181 & 8420629605 [ Related to Offline Payment ]
( 033 ) 4003-5104 [ Related to Online Payment ]
( 033 ) 2465-0779 [ For general information ]
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam E-admit Card 2015
1. The e-Admit Cards for the examination will be uploaded by the Commission’s office on its website ( http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in ) by 20.07.2015 for the convenience of the admitted candidates. The candidates are advised to download their e-Admit Cards for the examination and take a printout thereof on and from 20.07.2015. The admitted candidates shall have to produce the printout of their e-Admit Cards at the allotted venue for appearing in the specified examination. In case the photograph is not visible or available on the e-Admit Cards, candidates are directed to carry identical stamp size photographs along with proof of identify such as Madhyamik or equivalent examination pass certificate / admit card which bears photograph of its rightful owner or Passport or pan Card or UID No. Card ( Aadhaar ) or EPIC ( Voter Identity Card ) or Driving Licence and the printout of e-Admit Card at the venue of the Examination. No paper Admit Card will be issued for this examination by the Commission and no such card will be sent to the candidates by post or will be available from the Commission’s office.
2. The candidates are also advised to take a printout of the e-Admit Card well in advance to avoid last minute rush.
3. In case of any discrepancy in the e-Admit Card the same may be communicated to the Commission immediately to enable the Commission to take a decision in the matter.
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Recruitment Programme of Examination, 2015 :
|Date||Subject / Time||Subject / Time|
|25.07.2015||Paper - I|
Indian Penal Code etc.
From 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
|Paper - II
Indian Evidence Act, 1872 etc.
From 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
|26.07.2015||Paper - III|
Criminal Rules and Orders etc.
From 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
|Paper - IV
From 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
WBPSC Assistant Public Prosecutors Exam Scheme and Syllabus
The examination will comprise two successive parts :
Part I : Written Examination,
Part II : Personality Test.
Part I : Written Examination : The written examination will consist of four papers, each carrying 100 marks.
Paper I :
Indian Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure, 1974 – 100 marks.
1. Indian Penal Code – 50 marks.
2. Code of Criminal Procedure, 1974 – 50 marks.
Paper II :
Indian Evidence Act, 1872 and Constitution of India Part – II, Part – III, Part – V ( Chapter – IV ) and Part – VI ( Chapter – V and Chapter – VI ) – 100 marks.
1. Indian Evidence Act, 1872 – 80 marks.
2. Constitution of India – 20 marks.
Paper III :
Criminal Rules and Orders, Civil Laws, namely, Registration Act, 1908, Transfer of Property Act, 1882, West Bengal Land Reforms Act, 1955, Parts – I to IV of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 and Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 – 100 marks.
1. Criminal Rules and Orders – 30 marks.
2. Civil Laws – 70 marks.
Paper IV :
Other Laws – 100 marks.
Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954, Bengal Excise Act, 1909, West Bengal Municipal Act, 1993, West Bengal Panchayat Act, 1973, Essential Commodities Act, 1955, Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929, Indian Arms Act, 1878, Indian Explosives Act, 1884, Explosive Substances Act, 1908, Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961, Water ( Prevention and Control of Pollution ) Act, 1974, Police Regulations, Calcutta and Police Regulations, Bengal.
Part II : Personality Test : 100 marks.
For this purpose, a limited number of candidates selected on the results of the written examination will be called to appear at the personality test. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the written examination and in the personality test.
N.B. : The Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in the aggregate.