West Bengal Audit and Accounts Service ( Special Recruitment ) Exam 2014
|Commencement of submission of online application : The 24th December, 2013 from 11:30 a.m.|
|Closing date for submission of fees : The 20th January, 2014.|
|Closing date for submission of online application : The 24th January, 2014.|
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Audit and Accounts Service ( Special Recruitment ) Examination, 2014 on the results of which recruitment will be made to the posts of West Bengal Audit and Accounts Service. The rules of the examination and other particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he / she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
The Examination shall comprise of multiple choice objective type questions consisting of two papers, viz. Paper – I & Paper – II and shall be held on a single day. Paper – I shall consist of Group – A and Group – B. A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the said examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
The Examination will be held at various centres in Kolkata and Siliguri in March, 2014 or thereabout. The Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Pay Scale 2014 : ( PB – 4A ) 15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. 5,400/- Gross emoluments at the entry level : 21,000/- besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
No. of Vacancy : 175 [ Unreserved – 90, SC – 38, ST – 10, BC ( Category - A ) – 17, BC ( Category B ) – 12 and PH – 08 ].
1. Candidates suffering from Blindness or Low Vision are not eligible.
2. The benefits of reservation of vacancies for S.C / S.T / B.C. candidates are admissible to S.C. / S.T. / B.C. candidates of West Bengal only. The S.C. / S.T. / B.C. candidates of other States shall be treated as general candidates.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Qualifications 2014 :
A) Essential Qualification : A candidate must have the following qualifications which should be clearly stated in the application. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Govt. Candidates must fulfill the essential qualifications by the closing date.
Must have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce of a recognized University or Must be a Member of the Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India or Must be a Member of the Institute of Costs Accountants of India.
B) Desirable Qualification : Preliminary Knowledge in computer operation.
C) Other Requirements :
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali ( not required for recruitment in the case of Nepali speaking candidates from three hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling district, viz. Darjeeling Sadar, Kurseong and Kalimpong ).
- A citizenship of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Govt. of India.
- Good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
Age Limit for WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service 2014 : Not less than 21 years and not more than 32 years on the 01.01.2013 ( i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1981 and not later than the 1st January, 1992 ).
Concession in age : The upper age limit is relaxable for S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal by 5 years and for B.C. candidates of West Bengal by 3 years. In the case of Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ), the upper age limit is relaxable upto 45 years. No relaxation is applicable to S.C. / S.T. / B.C. candidates of other States as they shall be treated as general candidates.
Note : Age as recorded only in the Madhyamik or equivalent certificate will be accepted.
The age limits apply to all candidates whether in Government Service or not.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Fee 2014 : 210/- ( Rupees two hundred ten ) only. SC / ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities ( PWD ) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No exemption of fee is available to SC / ST / BC candidates of other states. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Application 2014 : Applications can be submitted through online only. Before applying for the post, candidates should register as per “One time registration” scheme through the Official Website of Public Service Commission, West Bengal at www.pscwbonline.gov.in.
How to Register :
- Log on to www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- Click on the link “One Time Registration” at the left panel of the home page.
- The fields marked with asterisk (*) are the mandatory fields. For details view, place your mouse over sign to get hint for this field.
- Scan photo and signature and ensure that both of them adhere to the required specifications given below : Candidates using MS Windows / MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpg format between 20 KB to 50 KB by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photo and signature ( scan at 200 dpi ) can be saved in .jpg format by using “Save As” option in the File menu and size can be reduced to desired size by using crop and then resize option. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- After filling up all the fields click on the register button for registration.
- When you click on the Register button then next page will contain the link, from where you can download the filled up registration form. The completed registration form can be downloaded once only. Therefore, you are advised to download the registration form at this stage otherwise you will not be permitted to download the same in future. In this page you will get two other buttons also, one is marked as Confirm and other one is Back.
- If you click on the Back button then you will get your registration form again to modify any fields / values.
- If you click on the Confirm button then you will get the Registration ID and Password. ( in case you have provided your Email ID then your registration details will also be sent to you through Email ).
- After a successful registration candidate has to Log in to the system. Click on Log in to Your Account under Candidates Corner Pane ( In the Right Side of home page ). The candidate’s log in page will open.
- Input your Registration ID and Password that you have got after registration as we have mentioned before ( See point number 5 ). Then click on Log in.
- After successful Log in, the candidate will be redirected to candidates dashboard page, where he / she will get List of current examination matches his / her profile. Choose the examination matches and click on Apply now.
1. Candidates are responsible to ensure correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password and they must preserve the user id for further communication with the West Bengal Public Service Commission as well as for applying for future examinations.
2. Candidates may modify the editable items only of his / her profile subsequently after registration. However, the non-editable items viz. Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name etc. cannot be changed, once registered.
How to Apply for WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Exam 2014 :
- Go to www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- From the home page of WBPSC, you need to click on the Log in to Your Account under Candidates Corner Pane ( In the Right Side ). The candidate’s Log in page will open.
- Give your Registration ID and Password that you have got after registration. Then click on Log in Button.
- After successful log in, the candidate will redirect to the candidates dashboard page. Where you will get the list of current examination matches the candidate profile. The candidate will choose the matched examination and click on Apply now.
- On clicking Apply Now button, an application form will open. Like the registration form there are fields marked with asterisk (*) which are mandatory fields.
- Among the six tabs the first tab is Caution, where the Important Information about the examination as well as Scheme and Syllabus is given. On clicking the “Important Information” and “Scheme and Syllabus” the candidate can view the Important Information and Scheme & Syllabus for that particular examination. The candidate needs to check “I have read the above mentioned caution” box for proceeding further.
- Accordingly Next button will appear and candidate needs to click on the Next button.
- The candidate then move to 2nd tab namely Personal Details tab. The information provided at the time of registration will appear here and he / she can edit their photo or signature if required or just fill up the required fields and click on the Next button.
[ ** Note : Here the information fields which are provided in time of registration are non-editable except your photo and signature ].
- The next tab is Contact Details like the previous tab. If your present address is same as permanent address then click “Yes” in the “Same as Permanent Address” field and click on the Next button.
- The next tab is Qualification Details. This is also as same as the previous tab just fill up the required field. But here you can add more Educational Qualification and Additional Qualification by clicking on the Add More button. ( The button located at the last column of the table ). See the below image Add More.
- Click on the Next button when finished.
- The Next tab is Exam Specific. This tab is very important to finish the application form fill up. In this tab you have to select the centre of the preliminary examination, select the language and also select the optional languages. Then click on the next button.
- The Last tab is the Declaration tab. Read out the declaration and click on the below check boxes. A submit button will appear. Click on the submit button. The process of submission of application is complete for non – fee candidates.
- The candidates who require to submit fees need to click on the submit button to get system generated fee payment challan.
- Fee payment will be accepted at the CBS branches of the state bank of india. The candidate can make the fee payment through system generated fee payment challan after 3 hours of generation of the said challan. The bank will provide a journal no. to the candidates. The next date of deposit of the fees, the journal no. needs to be filled up at the candidate panel for completion of the process of submission of application.
Candidates are not required to submit any certificate during online submission of applications. However, the Original Certificates and photocopies of certificates duly attested relating to citizenship ( by registration ), age, qualifications, caste ( SC / ST / BC ), Physical disability ( 40% and above ) and previous employment, if any, will have to be submitted when the West Bengal Public Service Commission asks for them. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his / her candidature within the time specified by the West Bengal Public Service Commission, his / her claim for allotment may be passed over without further reference to him / her.
Particulars and Certificates Required :
a. A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above ) must have a certificate in support of his / her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below :
For S.C., S.T. & B.C. Candidates :
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24 – Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24 – Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24 – Parganas, in this behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Class Welfare. [ vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.Ts. ( Identification ) Act, 1994 and S.Cs. & Ts. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order No.6320-BCH/MR-84/10, dated 24.09.2010 and No.2420-BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.), dated 12.07.2013 ]
For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata and District Hospitals. [ vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1999 ].
b. The Public Service Commission may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
i. The candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by Supervisors / Invigilators of the Examination. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he / she will render himself / herself liable to expulsion from the Examination Hall and / or such other punishment as the West Bengal Public Service Commission may deem fit to impose.
ii. A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the West Bengal Public Service Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
iii. If at any stage even after issue of the letter of appointment, a candidate is found ineligible in terms of advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
iv. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed in any case other than those mentioned in this Important Information.
v. A candidate should note that his / her admission to the examination will be deemed provisional subject to determination of his / her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage after issue of the admit card a candidate is found ineligible for admission for this examination, his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her. No candidate shall be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an admit card.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Medical Examination 2014 : Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
Canvassing : Any attempt on the part of a candidate to enlist support for his / her application through persons, officials of Government, or agencies will disqualify him / her for appointment. Spontaneous recommendations from persons interested in the candidates, or otherwise known to them, will be disregarded and will render the candidates ineligible.
Results of the Examination : The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature / allotment will be cancelled.
WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Scheme and Syllabus 2014
1. Scheme of WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Examination 2014 : The Examination shall comprise of multiple choice objective type questions consisting of two papers, viz. Paper – I & Paper – II and shall be held on a single day. Paper – I shall consist of Group – A and Group – B. A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Written Examination, will be called to the Personality Test.
2. Syllabus of WBPSC Audit and Accounts Service Examination 2014 :
a. Paper – I will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration having 200 questions of 1 ( one ) mark each on the following subjects [ one third mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer ] :
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs of National & International Importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Geography, Reasoning.||40|
|Constitution of India with special Reference to Planning Commission, Finance Commission, Finance, Accounts and Audit.||35|
|Business Mathematics and Statistics||35|
b. Paper – II will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration having 200 questions of 1 (one ) mark each on the following subjects [ one third mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer ] :
Group – B
|Cost and Management Accountancy||35|
|Principles and Practice of Management||35|
|Taxation ( Direct and Indirect )||35|
|Business Economics and Indian Economics||35|
|Sub - Total||200|
c. Personality Test - 100.
Total : 500.