WBPSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Curator, Agricultural Marketing Officer, Botanist
West Bengal Public Service Commission applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http:://www.pscwbonline.gov.in are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. All other posts are permanent.
N.B. : Ability to read, write and speak in bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to all posts and services mentioned below. Provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in bengali is not applicable for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali unless mentioned otherwise against any particular post(s). This will be tested at the time of interview.
WB PSC Name of the Post 2016 : Assistant Curator of Institut De Chandernagor, Hooghly Under The Department of Higher Education – One
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale 2016 : (P.B.–4)9,000 – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,700/-
WB PSC Qualifications 2016 :
- B.A. or B.Sc. with Museology or Chemistry from an institute recognised by the University Grants Commission.
M.A. or M.Sc. in Museology from an institute recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- One year’s experience in administration of a museum of repute or documentation of museum objects of a museum of repute.
- Certificate / Diploma in the French Language.
- Elementary knowledge in Computer operation with the ability of typing on computer in both English and Bengali.
West Bengal 2016 Age Limit : Not less than 21 years and not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2016.
WB PSC Name of the Post 2016 : Agricultural Marketing Officer ( Training & Canning ) Under West Bengal Junior Agricultural Service ( Marketing ) Under the Department of Agricultural Marketing – Five [ 1 Each Reserved For S.C. & Persons With Disabilities ( Blindness Or Low Vision ) ]
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale 2016 : (P.B.–4) 9,000 – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,700/-
WB PSC 2016 Qualifications :
- A degree in Food Technology / Food Technology and Biochemical Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognised University / Institute, OR
- B.Sc. degree from a recognised University / Institute, AND
- Training in Fruit Preservation / Fruit Processing at Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore / Bangalore or any other Government or Government Organised Institution or five years’ experience in a Fruit Preservation or Processing Factory of repute or Training Centre under Government, and
- Knowledge of Bengali / Nepali – Spoken and Written.
(b) Desirable : Teaching experience in a Food Processing Institution.
WB PSC Age Limit 2016 : Not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2016, relaxable for persons having higher qualifications and / or longer experience.
WB PSC Name of the Post 2016 : Agricultural Marketing Officer ( Jute Grading ) Under The West Bengal Junior Agricultural Service ( Marketing ) Under The Department of Agricultural Marketing – Three ( 1 reserved for S.C. )
WB PSC 2016 Pay Scale : ( P.B.–4 ) 9,000 – 40,500/- plus Grade Pay 4,700/-
WB PSC 2016 Qualifications :
Essential : B.Sc. with Agriculture or B.Sc. with Diploma in Jute Technology from a recognised University or Institute or B.Sc. from a recognized University with 2 years’ experience in Jute Grading works under an organisation of repute dealing with Jute Marketing or under a licensed Baler.
WB PSC 2016 Age Limit : Not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2016, relaxable for persons having higher qualifications and / or longer experience than those prescribed.
West Bengal PSC Name of the Post 2016 : Botanist Under The Directorate of Cinchona & Other Medicinal Plants, W.B. in the Department of Food Processing Industries & Horticulture – Two ( 1 Reserved For S.C. )
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale 2016 : (P.B.–4)9,000-40,500/- plus Grade Pay 4,700/-
West Bengal PSC Qualifications 2016 :
- A Master’s Degree in Botany or Agriculture from a recognised University / Institute;
- One year’s research experience in Genetic and Breeding Physiology / Pharmacognosy, preferably relating to Medicinal & Aromatic Plants.
West Bengal PSC Age Limit 2016 : Not more than 35 years as on 01.01.2016, relaxable for otherwise well-qualified and experienced candidates.
WB PSC Name of the Post 2016 : Scientific Officer Under Chemistry Division at West Bengal Forensic Science Laboratory in the W.B.G.S. Under Home Department – Six ( 1 Each Reserved For OBC-A, S.C. & S.T. )
West Bengal PSC Pay Scale 2016 : ( P.B.–4 )9,000 – 40,500/- with Grade Pay 4,400/-.
WB PSC 2016 Qualifications :
- A second class Master’s degree in Chemistry from a recognised University or equivalent and
- Two years’ experience of analytical methods and research; OR
- A degree in science with Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognised University or equivalent and
- Five years’ experience in Forensic Chemistry.
- Desirable : Experience of work in a recognised Forensic Science Laboratory.
N.B. : Departmental candidates being eligible to apply.
West Bengal PSC 2016 Age Limit : Not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2016 relaxable for candidates otherwise well guarded and experienced.
West Bengal PSC Application Form 2016 : 160/- ( Rupees one hundred and sixty ) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of5/- ( Rupees Five ) for online payment through debit / credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Government Duty or Service Charge of 5/- ( Rupees Five ) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of 20/- ( Rupees Twenty ) only for payment through Bank counter ( offline payment ).
S.C. / S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities ( PWD ) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. No Exemption Of Fee Is Available To SC/ST/BC Candidates of Other States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
West Bengal PSC Information 2016 :
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as par the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees / diplomas / certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either qualifications or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test.
- In cases where no Division / Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience / research experience gained in full time employment / research. [ Candidates must possess certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s) / Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment ( date, month and year ) and indicating basic pay and consolidated pay within the closing date of Advertisement. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed / experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s) ].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession up to 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal & the benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession up to 3 years are admissible only to O.B.C.-A & O.B.C.-B candidates of West Bengal. Such benefits are also available up to 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. Candidates Must Possess Proof of Belonging to An O.B.C.-A/O.B.C.-B/S.C./S.T./Persons with Disability Certificate Issued within the Closing Date of Advertisement And No Claim In This Regard Will Be Entertained Afterwards.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
- Application forms, not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect would be summarily rejected. If any candidate submits more than one application against any particular post, the candidature of the said candidate will be summarily rejected.
- Canvassing in Any Form Will Disqualify the Candidate.
- All information regarding recruitment to the above post will be published from time to time, in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwb.org.in & http:://www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- West Bengal PSC Application 2016 : Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. Filling up of online application forms will be commencing from : The 24th May, 2016
- Closing Date for Receipt of Application : 15th June, 2016
- Last date of fees payment ( For all categories of post ) : 15th June, 2016
- Candidates Must Fulfil the Essential Qualifications by the Closing Date.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as required by the Commission.
- Note : Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 16th June, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 15th June, 2016.