Uttar Pradesh PSC Recruitment Exam 2014 for Food Safety Officer – UPPSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment Exam Online Form | UPPSC FSO Recruitment Exam Syllabus
1. The U.P. Public Service Commission shall hold a Written Examination at various Centres of the Districts mentioned in of this advertisement. Only such candidates will be called for interview who are declared successful on the basis of above Examination. The selection will be made on the basis of written examination and interview. The date and venue of examination decided by the Commission will be intimated to the candidates by means of their e-Admission certificates. No. of Districts / Centres may increase or decrease according to final No. of applications received.
2. No. of Vacancies in UPPSC Food Safety Officer 2014 : Vacancies are presently 430 which are as under :
General – 215 S.C. – 90 S.T. – 08 O.B.C. – 117
UPPSC Food Safety Officer 2014 Pay Scale : 9,300/- – 34,800/- ( Grade Pay 4200/- ).
Post : Non-Gazetted / Permanent.
Note : No. of vacancies may increase or decrease in special circumstances on the request of Government.
3. UPPSC Job Reservation 2014 : The reservation for Scheduled Castes of U.P. / Scheduled Tribes of U.P. / Other Backward Class candidates of U.P. shall be admissible in accordance with the provisions of relevant Govt. Rules. Accordingly, reservation for category under horizontal as Dependents of Freedom Fighters of U.P., Ex-Serviceman of U.P. and Women candidates of U.P. shall be admissible on settlement of vacancies. Reservation for PH of U.P. will be permissible for the sub category of P.B. and P.D. only as per requisition sent by Government.
- The candidates claiming the benefit of reservation / age relaxation must obtain, in support of their category a certificate issued by competent authority on the proforma available on Appendix-3 of the Website of this detailed advertisement and shall submit the same to the Uttar Pradesh PSC Commission when asked for.
- All Reserved candidates of U.P. must mention their Category / Sub Category in the UPPSC Job Application Form.
- Candidates claiming reservation / Age relaxation in more than one category will be entitled to only one concession whichever is more beneficial to them.
- The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class, Dependents of Freedom Fighter, PH, Ex-Serviceman and women candidates who are not the permanent residents of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category. In case of women candidates the caste certificate / domicile certificate issued from father side only be treated valid.
4. Conditions of UPPSC Food Safety Officer Eligibility ( For age relaxation only ) 2014 : (I) Eligibility in case of Emergency Commissioned / Short Service Commissioned Officers : In accordance with the provision of the G.O. No. 22/10/1976-Karmik-2-85, dated 30-1-1985 Emergency Commissioned / Short Service Commissioned Officers who have not been released from Army but whose period of Army service has been extended for rehabilitation, may also apply for this examination on the following conditions :
(A) Such applicants will have to obtain a certificate of the competent authority of Army, Navy, Air Force to the effect that their period of Service has been extended for rehabilitation and no disciplinary action is pending against them.
(B) Such applicants will have to submit in due course a written undertaking that in case they are selected for the post applied for, they will get themselves released immediately from the Army Service. The above facilities will not be admissible to Emergency / Short Service Commissioned Officers, if :
- he gets permanent Commission in the Army,
- he has been released from The Army on tendering resignation,
- he has been released from the Army on grounds of misconduct or physical disability. The candidates must possess all the requisite qualifications / Eligibility conditions till the last date for submitting the applications.
5. Marital Status : Male candidates who are married and have more than one wife living and female candidates who have married a person already having a wife, shall not be eligible unless the Hon.’ Governor has granted an exemption from this condition.
6. Educational Qualification for UPPSC Food Safety Officer 2014 :
Essential Qualification : A Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post-Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognised university, or any other equivalent / recognised qualification notified by the Central Government.
Preferential Qualification :
A candidate who has :
- served in the Territorial Army for a minimum period of two years, or
- obtained a ‘B’ certificate of National Cadet Corps, shall other things being equal be given preference in the matter of direct recruitment. Provided that no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under these rules.
Note : It will be compulsory for the selected candidates to complete training successfully as specified by the food authority in a recognised institute or institution approved for the purpose.
7. UPPSC Food Safety Officer Age Limit 2014 :
- Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 40 years on July 1, 2014 i.e. they must have not been born earlier than 2nd July, 1974 and not later than July 1, 1993.
- Upper age limit shall be greater by five years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of U.P., Scheduled Tribes of U.P., Other Backward classes of U.P., skilled players of U.P. of classified games and state Govt. employees of U.P. i.e. they must have not been born before 2nd July, 1969. Upper age limit for Emergency Commissioned Officers / Short Service Commissioned Officers / Ex-Army Personnels of U.P. shall be greater by three years more in addition to their completed service period. Upper age limit for physically handicapped persons of Society of U.P. will be greater by fifteen years i.e. they must have not been born before 2nd July 1959. No relaxation is admissible in upper age limit for D.F.F. candidates.
8. Some Informations about Examination and Interview :
- The dates and venue for the examination shall be informed by the Commission later on through e-Admit Card.
- All original certificates shall be verified at the time of interview. Candidates will also be required to furnish four passport size Photographs, two unattested and two attested by their Head of Department or Head of the Institution where they have received education or by a Gazetted Officer at the time of Interview.
- Candidates serving under the Central or State Government will have to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview issued by the competent authority.
Note : The candidates must submit hard copy of their Application Forms alongwith all certificates in support of their claims rendered in the application form for the examination when asked for. If they do not enclose all certificates in support of their all claims, their candidature shall be cancelled. The candidates will have to fill up the Application Form prescribed by Commission separately before the interview ( Viva-Voce Test ).
9. Important Instructions for Candidates :
- As per decision of the UPPSC a candidate will be liable to be debarred from the examination in question and all other future examinations and selections upto a maximum period of five years for furnishing any wrong information in his / her application form which cannot be substantiated by relevant documents or for any other malpractice.
- No change in category, sub-category, Date of Birth etc. is permissible after the receipt of application form in the office of the Commission. In this regard no application for error correction / modification shall be acceptable.
- The date of birth of the candidates shall be admissible as entered in High School Certificate. The candidate will have to attach his / her High School or Equivalent Examination Certificate with the application form of Examination. No Other Certificate shall be acceptable for Date of Birth and if it is not attached with the application it shall be rejected.
- The candidates will have to enclose copies of Marksheets, Certificates & Degrees duly attested by any Gazetted Officer or Head of the last institution where education was received in support of their claims of Educational Qualifications alongwith their Application Form and they will have to submit the same as per direction of Commission when asked for. If they do not enclose certificates / documents in support of their claims, the applications shall be rejected.
- The benefit of reservation to the categories of Handicapped persons of society of U.P. shall be given only on the posts which are identified by the Government for their category. For this benefit the Handicapped persons must produce a certificate of being handicapped in that category on the prescribed proforma issued by prescribed Medical Officer / Specialist and counter signed by the Chief Medical Officer according to Rule 2 of U.P. Public Service ( Reservation for physically Handicapped, Dependent of Freedom Fighters and Ex-Serviceman (Amendment) Act, 1997 read with G.O. dated 03 Feb., 2008 ).,
- The Ex-Army personnels must be discharged from army upto the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
- Date, time and venue etc. of examination along with Roll No. will be communicated to the candidates through e-Admit Cards, Candidates will have to appear at the centre / venue allotted to them by the Commission. No change in centre / venue is permissible and no application shall be entertained in this regard.
- The candidature of such candidates who are subsequently found ineligible according to the terms laid down in advertisement will be cancelled and their any claim for the Examination will not be entertained. The decision of the Commission regarding eligibility of the candidates shall be final.
- The UPPSC Recruitment Exam Application / candidature of any stage will not be accepted if the application is not submitted on prescribed form, date of birth is not mentioned or wrong date of birth is mentioned, overage, under age, not fulfilling the minimum educational qualifications, application received after last date and no signature under declaration in the format.
- The Uttar Pradesh Pubic Service Commission may admit the candidates provisionally after summary checking of the application but if it is found at any stage that applicant was not eligible or that his / her application should have been rejected or was not entertainable initially, his / her candidature will be rejected and if the candidate is selected, the recommendation of the Commission for appointment shall be withdrawn.
- The UPPSC Commission reserves the right of cancelling the candidature of any candidate found indulging in any malpractice i.e. copying in examination hall or indiscipline, misbehaviour or canvassing for his / her candidature. On violation of these instructions, the candidates may be debarred from this examination as well as future examinations. In this regard the decision of the Commission shall be final.
- In all communications to the Commission, the candidates must mention the name of examination, advertisement no., registration no., date of birth, father’s name and also the Roll Number, if communicated.
- Candidates selected for appointment will have to undergo Medical Examination as required under the Rules.
- Approximately 3 times candidates shall be called for interview on the basis of examination. It is essential for the candidates to appear in the interview as the place of candidates will depend on aggregate of marks obtained in written examination and interview.
- The candidates who are appearing in the Examination of essential qualification prescribed for the post need not to apply, because they are not eligible.
- While filling the answer sheet the candidates “must use Black Ball Point Pen only”. Do not use any other pen or pencil in any condition.
- The information filled in the “Answer Sheet “must not be erased by Whitener, blade or rubber etc..
- For the question paper of one hours of General Studies, the examination timings is 9.30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M. ( Ist session ) and for the Question Paper of Main Subject the examination timing is 2.30 P.M. to 4.30 P.M. ( IInd session ).