- For the post of A.P.S. the speed of 80 w.p.m. in Hindi Shorthand and 25 w.p.m. in Hindi Typewriting is essential. The candidates are expected to transcribe the dictated prose in 05 minutes in the determined speed by Typewriter for which one hour time will be given. The prose shall be selected in the view that not only to the test the speed of Shorthand but to examine the knowledge of idiomatic language. If the errors of candidate is more than 5 percent then he will be treated ineligible for appointment but Commission may relax the error up to three percent at their discretion.
- A Test will be conducted for English Shorthand and General English which is optional. From amongst the selected candidates who will be found fit in Hindi and English both according to determined standard they will be entitled for Bilingual allowance determined by the Govt. from time to time.
- For the post there shall be one paper of 5 minutes for Hindi typewriting ( Compulsory ) and English Typewriting ( Optional ).
Syllabus for the Examination is as follows : Paper-1 :General Knowledge ( Max.Marks-100 ) Time-2 hours. Questions will be Objective type. This paper will cover following fields & it will be of Graduation standard.
- Abbreviations – 10 Marks
- Famous Books and their writers – 10 Marks
- History ( with reference to ancients, Medieval & modern India ) – 10 Marks
- Science – 10 Marks
- Geography ( Related to U.P. ) – 06 Marks Geography ( Related to India ) – 04 Marks
- Indian Constitution – 10 Marks
- Sports – 10 Marks
- Important Cities, Memoirs & Buildings ( With reference to India ) – 10 Marks
- Important events ( National & International ) – 10 Marks
- Arithmetic ( Class VIII level ) – 10 Marks
Paper-2 : General Hindi ( Max. Marks-100 ) Time – 3 hours
Paper-3 : Hindi shorthand ( Max. Marks – 135 ) Details in Para ‘A’ Paper-4 : Hindi typewriting ( Max. Marks – 15 ) Details in Para ‘C’
The candidate will have to obtain the speed of 25 w.p.m. in Hindi Type Test, the candidates obtaining lesser speed shall not be treated eligible. The Candidates obtaining the speed of 25 w.p.m. shall be awarded 10 marks and the candidates obtaining more speed 1 extra mark for 5 w.p.m. shall be given but such obtained marks shall not be more than 15 marks i.e. Total. The marks will be as follows :
|More than 50||15 marks|
The candidates shall be given a prose paragraph to type in 5 minutes. Having typed in lesser time they have to type it again. Optional Paper for the Post Paper-5 : General English ( Max. Marks-50 ) Time – One hours
|Correction of sentence||05 marks|
|Fill in the blanks||05 marks|
|Translation Hindi to English||10 marks|
|Translation English to Hindi||10 marks|
|English Essay||20 marks|
- Basic knowledge of working on windows and Linux operating system platforms ( 20 ) on desktops and laptops with peripherals like Printer, microphone and speaker.
- Working knowledge of Word processing packages ( Microsoft word, Open Office etc. ) ( 25 ).
- Working knowledge of Spread Sheets ( 20 ).
- Conversant in the use of world wide web and popular websites ( for Railway / Air ( 05 ) Reservation, search engines like Google, information web sites like wikipedia etc. )
- Working knowledge of E-mailing ( sending, sending with attachment, reading, ( 15 ) saving, printing, maintaining address book etc. )
- Working knowledge of preparation of presentations ( power point, PDF etc. ) with ( 15 ) different styles and animations.