Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2008 – Application Form
Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2008 – Important Instructions
Public Service Commission Uttar pradesh – Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2008
Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2008
The candidates may obtain O.M.R. Application forms through the Post offices from 26 July 2008.
Closing Date for the Sale & Receipt of Application Forms is 22 August 2008.
Important Instructions for the Candidates
The detailed advertisement is also available on the website of Public Service Commission U.P. http://www.uppsc.org.in.
- In this Examination O.M.R. Application System is applicable and the candidates may obtain O.M.R. application forms from the Head Post Office of the Districts or from the Post Offices, mentioned under Sl No. 9 (2) of this Advt. The cost of the O.M.R. application forms has been fixed as 155/- for PREGEN series ( General, OBC of U.P., and all candidates of other states ) and 95/- for PRERES Series ( SC of U.P., ST of U.P. ). The candidates under horizontal reservation ( PH of U.P., D.F.F. of U.P. and Ex-Army personnel candidates of U.P. ) shall purchase application form according to their main category.
- The candidates must keep a Photocopy of their O.M.R. application form with them. They must mention their OMR Form No. in the correspondence with the commission in future.
1. The Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh, shall hold a preliminary examination at various centres in the Districts mentioned in Appendix-1 of this advertisement for selecting suitable candidates for admission to the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services ( Main ) Examination, 2008.
The centre of Examination, decided by the Commission, will be intimated to the candidates later by means of their Admission Certificate.
2. Number of vacancies : Approximate number of vacancies is 100. The vacancies may increase or decrease.
3. Reservation : The reservation for Scheduled Castes of U.P. Scheduled Tribes of U.P. / Other Backward Class candidates of U.P. shall be worthy of being admitted in accordance with the provisions of relevant Government orders accordingly reservation for category under horizontal as dependents of Freedom Fighters of U.P., and Women candidates of U.P. shall be admissible on settlement of vacancies.
Reservation for PH of U.P. will be permissible for the identified post.
- The Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation must obtain, in support of their category a certificate issued by competent authority on the proforma available on the Website & in this detailed advertisement and shall submit the same to the Commission when asked for
- All Reserved candidates of U.P. must mention their category / Sub category in the Application Form
- Candidates claiming reservation in more than one category will be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial to them.
- The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class and Dependents of Freedom Fighter and women candidates who are not the permanent resident of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category.