Tripura Public Service Commission 2012 Recruitment for Forest Ranger
1. Tripura Public Service Commission applications in prescribed forms are invited from the bonafide Indian Nationals for recruitment to the 16 ( sixteen ) ( SC – 01, ST – 07 & UR – 08 ) posts of Forest Ranger under Department of Forest, Government of Tripura in the scale of pay of 5310 – 24,000/- Pay band – 2 with Grade pay 2400/-.
2. Eligibility Conditions for TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Jobs :
- TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Educational Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree ( or equivalent ) in Science or Engineering of any recognized university with at least one of the following subjects.
Name of Subjects Subject Code Name of Subjects Subject Code Name of Subjects Subject Code Agriculture AGR Electrical Engineering ELC Geology GEO Botany BOT Electronics Engineering ELT Horticulture HOR Chemistry CEM Chemical Engineering CHE Mathematics MTM Computer Applications COA Agriculture Engineering AGE Statistics STS Computer Science COS Computer Engineering CSE Physics PHS Civil Engineering CVL Environmental Science ENS Veterinary Science AVH Mechanical Engineering MEC Forestry FOR Zoology Zoology
- Physical Standards and Medical Fitness for TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 : Candidates must conform to physical standards and medical fitness as prescribed under the entrances and training rules ( Revised ), 2004 for Forest Officers of the Government of India.
3. TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Physical Standards :
- For General and Scheduled Caste Candidates :
Gender Distance to be covered for physical test in four hours on foot Height ( cm ) Chest ( cm ) Normal Expanded Male 25 km 163 79 05 Female 16 Km 150 74 05
- For Scheduled Tribes Candidates :
Gender Distance to be covered for physical test in four hours on foot Height ( cm ) Chest ( cm ) Normal Expanded Male 25 Km 152 79 05 Female 16 Km 145 74 05
The candidates not having the prescribed minimum physical standard need not apply. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to establish that he is having the prescribed minimum physical standard.
4. TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Age Limit :
Up to 40 years as on 31st December, 2012. Relaxable by five years in case of SC, ST, PH candidates and Government servants, provided that the Government servants of SC / ST / PH category shall not get this relaxation over and above the general relaxation of five years available to them.
5. Syllabus for Examination and other Rules and Regulations :
- The TPSC recruitment process will comprise of three successive stages in the sequence of
- Written examination,
- Physical Efficiency Test &
The TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 written examination and interview will carry 600 marks and 75 marks respectively.
Name of subjects, full marks and time allowed :
Compulsory Full Marks Time Allowed English ( Essay & Précis writing etc ) 100 3 ( three ) hours. General Knowledge 100 3 ( three ) hours Optional
200 marks each
3 ( three ) hours each.
Any 2 ( two ) subjects [ from the list at para 2 ( a ) above ].
- Provided that no candidate shall be allowed to take more than one subject of the group :
- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Applications / Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- The standard of the TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 examination will be of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- The question except English subject shall be answered either in English or in Bengali.
- Pattern of Question : The question except English subject will be set in objective type / short answer type / short essay type and essay type.
- Other Important Information :
- The number of TPSC post to be filled in may increase or decrease.
- The last date of receiving TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 application is31st December, 2012. The application(s) received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Prescribed Form Availability :
The four page application form printed in colour font will be available from all Branches / Extension counters of Tripura Gramin Bank in the State of Tripura on deposit of the prescribed Recruitment Fee through the special deposit slip to the account no. 14711 in favour of the Secretary, T.P.S.C. in the same Branch / Extension counter as a single window system without any extra charge / Tripura Public Service Commission from the candidates.In addition, the said prescribed form printed in colour font ( A4 size 90 GSM paper ) can also be down loaded from the website http://www.tpsc.gov.in and in that case, the prescribed Tripura Public Service Commission Recruitment Fee is to be paid to the account no.31176521319 of the State Bank of India ( core banking branches ) in favour of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission. The bank deposit receipt is to be affixed with the filled in application form in the specified box on the 2nd page of the form.
- Rate of TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Recruitment Fees :150/- ( Rupees one hundred fifty ) only for General candidates and 75/-( Rupees seventy five ) only for ST / SC / BPL card holders / Physically Handicapped candidates.
- SC / ST candidates of other states ( not recognized by the Government of Tripura ) should apply for unreserved vacancy as general candidate along with recruitment fee prescribed for general candidates.
- Applicants must be in possession of the prescribed minimum qualification(s) for the post on the closing date for submission of application as mentioned in the advertisement.
- Application in the prescribed form duly filled in by the candidate and two copies of recent stamp size photographs of the candidate affixed on the application and admit card along with self addressed envelope bearing postage stamp of 5/- ( rupees five ) is to be submitted to the reception counter of the TPSC Secretariat by 5.00 PM of the closing date ( 31st December, 2012 ). Applicants may obtain the acknowledgment including receipt number from reception counter of the Tripura Public Service Commission. The candidates, who will send application by post, are also required to attach to the application a self addressed post card indicating the advertisement no. and name of the post applied for. Application will be acknowledged by the Tripura Public Service Commission by returning this card to the candidate after indicating the registration no. allotted to the candidate. No separate acknowledgment other than this card will be sent to them.
- No documents or any extra sheet are required to be enclosed while submitting the duly filled in TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 Application Form. Candidates qualifying in the written examination will be asked to submit self attested certificates as noted in the application form to the reception counter of the TPSC in due course failing which the candidature will be summarily rejected.
- The candidate shall have to select two optional subjects from among the list of optional subjects, as indicated in the para 2 ( a ) above. The candidate shall indicate in the application form subjects code against the optional subjects chosen by them. In no circumstances optional subjects can be changed after submission of the application.
- Any application incomplete in any form or defective or containing statements which are incorrect or false or if there is any suppression of facts, is liable to be summarily rejected. If such discrepancies are detected even at the subsequent stage, it is also liable to be rejected. No correspondence or queries from applicants will be entertained.
- Decision of the Tripura Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate at any stage of the selection process shall be final.
- The Tripura Public Service Commission at its discretion may fix the minimum qualifying marks in order of merit in any or all of the written papers and in the aggregate to restrict the numbers of candidates for personality test / interview. If a candidate fails to secure qualifying marks in any paper, so fixed, the marks in that paper will not be considered in calculation of the aggregate.
- In no case, a candidate will be considered for interview unless he / she appears in all the papers of the written examination and qualifies in the Physical Efficiency Test. If a candidate remains absent in the interview, his / her candidature will not be considered for TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 final selection.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo Ranger’s Course Training for 18 months outside the state.
- Assessment and evaluation of the answer scripts done by the Tripura Public Service Commission shall be final and shall not be open to scrutiny by any external authority.
- Date, time and venue of TPSC Forest Ranger 2012 written examination / Physical Efficiency Test / Personality Test will be notified in due course.
- For further details, read the “Instructions to candidates”, in the prescribed application form and also please visit the website of the Tripura Public Service Commission http://www.tpsc.gov.in.
The Tripura Public Service Commission will not be responsible for printing mistake, if there be any.