Tripura PSC Recruitment Exam 2014 for Sub-Inspector of Police
Applications are invited in the prescribed form from bonafide citizens of India for selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Sub-Inspector of Police ( Men and Women ) ( Un-Armed and Armed Branch ), Group-C Non-Gazetted under the Home Department, Govt. of Tripura in the Scale of Pay 5310-24,000/- ( PB-2 ) with grade pay of 2,400/-.
Vacancies in Tripura PSC 2014 : All Permanent.
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Category||Total|
|01.||S.I ( UB ) ( Men )||04||14 ( 01 for Ex-Serviceman )||27 ( 03 for Ex-servicemen )||45|
|02.||S.I ( UB ) ( Women )||05||10||15||30|
|03.||S.I ( AB ) ( Men )||-||01||06||07|
Qualification Required for TPSC Sub-Inspector of Police 2014 :
- Essential :
Educational Qualification : At least Graduate in any discipline ( for Men and Women )
Physical Measurement :
Gender Height Chest Weight Men 168.00 Cms. Relaxable upto 163.00 Cms for ST candidates. 79.00 Cms ( un-expanded ) and 84.00 Cms ( expanded ) for those with height of 168.00 Cms and above.76.00 Cms ( un-expanded ) and 81.00 Cms ( expanded ) for those with lesser height. Body weight shall be determined according to the Body Mass index ( BMI ) between 18.5 and 29.5. Women 152.00 Cms. Not applicable. Body weight shall be determined according to the Body Mass index ( BMI ) between 18.5 and 29.5.
- Desirable : Knowledge of Bengali.
TPSC Sub-Inspector of Police Age Limit 2014 : ( for Men and Women ) : Minimum 21 years and maximum 27 years as on 01.01.2014. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years in case of ST / SC candidates. In case of Ex-Serviceman, the age is relaxable as per Memo No. F. 14(19)-P/84 dated 09.04.1985 issued by the Political Department, Govt. of Tripura. The last date of receiving application is 31.05.2014. The application(s) received after the closing date will not be entertained.
Other Important Information for Tripura PSC Sub-Inspector of Police Jobs 2014 :
- During submission of Application Form, the candidate need not enclose any self attested certificate. Candidates qualifying in the Written Examination will be asked to submit all relevant self attested certificates as noted in the application form to the Reception Counter of the TPSC in due course failing which the candidature will be summarily rejected.
- During submission of Application Form, the candidate in Men category need not mention sequence of preference for the posts. The candidates qualifying in the Written Examination will be asked to submit sequence of preference for the posts.
(2) The number of post to be filled up is subject to increase or decrease following requisition of the Department.
(3) Prescribed Form Availability for TPSC Recruitment 2014 : The 4 ( four ) pages printed Application Form will be available from any of the total 111 nos. of Branches / Extension counters of Tripura Garmin Bank located at different places of Urban and Rural areas in the State of Tripura on deposit of the prescribed Recruitment Fee through the Special Deposit Slip to the Account No. 14711 in favour of the Secretary, T.P.S.C. in the same Branch / Extension counter as a single window system without any extra charge / Commission from the candidates. For the candidates from outside the State, the said prescribed Form can also be down loaded and printed in colour font ( A4 size 90 GSM paper ) from the Website http://www.tpsc.gov.in and in that case, the prescribed Recruitment Fee is to be paid to the Account No.31176521319 of the State Bank of India ( core banking branches ) in favour of the Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission. The Bank deposit Receipt is to be affixed with the filled up application form in the specified Box on the 2nd page of the form.
- Candidates possessing the essential qualifications will be required to pass a Physical Efficiency Test to be conducted by the Police Department, on the following events with the minimum One Star Standard of the National Physical Efficiency Test as fixed by the Government of India, Ministry of Education :
SL. No. Events For Men For Women 1. 100 Mts. Run 15.00 Seconds 16.5 Seconds 2. Long Jump 3.80 Mtrs. 3.25 Mtrs. 3. Short Put ( 7.26 KG ) 5.60 Mtrs. - 4. Short Put ( 4 KG ) - 4.50 Mtrs. 5. High Jump 1.20 Mtrs. 1.05 Mtrs. 6. 800 Mts. Run 2.50 Mints. - 7. 200 Mts. Run - 36.00 Mints.
- Candidates qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test will be required to sit for a Written Examination. Subject, Full Marks and Duration of the Written Examinations are as follows :
Subject Full Marks Duration Paper-I
(i) Essay : 20
(ii) Report Writing on any incident : 20
(iii) Comprehension : 30
(iv) Precis : 10
(v) English Grammar : 20
100 3 hours Paper-II
General Knowledge and Current Affairs of the whole country.
100 3 hours
- The candidates selected on result of Written Examination will have to appear the Personality Test of full marks 50.
- Questions of Written Paper-I shall be answered in English and Questions of Written Paper-II may be answered either in English or Bengali.
- Standard of Written Papers will be that of the Degree Pass Course Examination of an Indian University.
- The selection will be made in order of merit on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in aggregate adding the marks obtained in the Written Examination and the Personality Test. If a candidate remains absent in the Personality Test, his / her candidature will not be considered for final selection.
- The Tripura PSC Commission at its discretion may fix the minimum qualifying marks in order of merit in any or all of the written papers and in the aggregate to restrict the numbers of candidates for Personality Test. If a candidate fails to secure qualifying marks in any paper, so fixed, the marks in that paper will not be considered in calculation of the aggregate.
(6) Rate of Recruitment Fees for TPSC Vacancies 2014 :
- Group-A Posts : 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred ) only for General Candidates and 150/- ( Rupees One Hundred and Fifty ) only for ST / SC / BPL card holders / Physically Handicapped Candidates.
- Group-B Posts : 150/- ( Rupees One Hundred and fifty ) only for General Candidates and 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only for ST / SC / BPL card holders / Physically Handicapped Candidates.
- Group-C Posts : 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only for General Candidates and 50/-( Rupees fifty ) only for ST / SC / BPL card holders / Physically Handicapped Candidates.
(7) SC / ST Candidates of other States ( not recognized by the Govt. of Tripura ) should apply for unreserved vacancy as general candidate along with Tripura PSC recruitment fee prescribed for general candidates.
(8) Applicants must be in possession of the prescribed TPSC minimum qualification(s) for the post on the closing date for submission of application as mentioned in the TPSC advertisement.
(9) Application in the prescribed form duly filled in by the candidate and 2 ( two ) copies of recent stamp size photographs of the candidate affixed on the Application and Admit Card to be submitted to the Reception Counter of the TPSC Secretariat by 5.00 PM of the closing date ( 31.05.14 ). Applicants may obtain the acknowledgement including Receipt Number from reception counter of the Tripura Public Service Commission. The candidates, who will send application by post, are also required to attach to the TPSC application; a self-addressed Post-card indicating the Advertisement No. and name of the post applied for. Application will be acknowledged by the Tripura PSC Commission by returning this card to the candidate after indicating the Registration No. allotted to the candidate. No separate acknowledgement other than this card will be sent to them.
(10) Decision of the Tripura PSC Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate at any stage of the selection process shall be final.
(11) Assessment and evaluation of the answer scripts done by the Tripura Public Service Commission shall be final and shall not be open to scrutiny by any external authority.
(12) Date, time and venue of Physical efficiency Test / Written Examination / Personality test will be notified in due course.