TNPSC Research Assistant Recruitment Exam Scheme 2016 – TNPSC Research Assistant Exam 2016 | TNPSC Research Assistant Qualification | TNPSC Research Assistant Application Form | TNPSC Research Assistant Syllabus
6. Scheme of TNPSC Research Assistant Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test 2016 ( OMR Method ) :
|Subject||Duration of Examination||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|SCs, SC ( A )s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs||Others|
|Paper I ( 200 Questions )|
P.G. Degree Standard
Subjects comprising Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, Agricultural Economics and Public Administration. ( Code : 213 )
|Paper II ( 100 Questions )|
( Degree Standard )
|Interview and Record||70|
- The question paper for the above subjects in Paper – I will be set in English only and Paper II will be set both in English and Tamil.
- The syllabi for the subjects mentioned in paper I & II are available in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ and also furnished at Annexure – IIA and IIB to TNPSC Research Assistant Notification.
- To use either blue or black ink Ball Point pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box provided for booklet series mentioned in the Question Paper is not shaded / incorrectly shaded.
- Answer sheet answered in a subject other than the subject opted by the candidates in his Application / specified in the Hall Ticket will be invalidated.
- Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number.
7. Center for TNPSC Research Assistant Examination 2016 :
TNPSC Research Assistant Examination will be held at Chennai Centre ( Code No.0100 ) only.
- Candidates should appear for the examination / Certificate Verification and Counselling at their own expenses.
- Request for change of venue will not be complied with.
- The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination venues and to re – allot the candidates
8. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Research Assistant Examination Fee 2016 :
- TNPSC Research Assistant Examination fee 100/- ( Rupees One Hundred only ).
- Candidates have to register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one-time registration.
- Candidates should also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank.
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying Examination Fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of DD / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the TNPSC Research Assistant Applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have already registered in the one time registration system and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the TNPSC Research Assistant Application fee i.e. 50/- and it is enough to pay the Examination Fee of 100/- alone.
- Candidates who have made one time registration must apply for this post also.
- One time registration is only to avail exemption for TNPSC Research Assistant Application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration.
9. Procedure of Selection for TNPSC Research Assistant 2016 :
TNPSC Research Assistant Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the TNPSC Research Assistant Written Examination and Oral Test taken together and subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he / she secures qualifying marks in the TNPSC Research Assistant Written Examination or Oral Test.
( Further details are at paragraph 23(b) of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ ).
10. No Objection Certificate :
For details refer para 15(g) of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’. Any violation of the instructions will be liable for or end in rejection of his / her candidature.
11. TNPSC Research Assistant Age Concessions 2016 :
TNPSC Research Assistant Concessions in the matter of age and / or fees allowed to SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs, Destitute Widows, Ex-servicemen and Differently Abled persons, other categories of persons etc. are given in paragraphs 12 to 14 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’.