TNPSC Research Assistant Recruitment Exam Qualification 2016 – TNPSC Research Assistant Exam | TNPSC Research Assistant Scheme | TNPSC Research Assistant Application Form | TNPSC Research Assistant Syllabus
4. TNPSC Research Assistant Qualifications 2016 :
A. Age Limit for TNPSC Research Assistant 2016 ( as on 01.07.2015 )
|Sl.No.||Category of Candidates||TNPSC Research Assistant Minimum Age ( Should have completed )||TNPSC Research Assistant Maximum Age|
|1||SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs (OBCM)s, BCMs and DWs of all castes||18 Years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|2||“Others” [ i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ]||18 Years||30 Years ( Should not have completed )|
- “Others” [ i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
B. TNPSC Research Assistant Educational Qualification 2016 : ( as on 16.12.2015 ) :
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of Notification viz. 16.12.2015.
Must possess a First Class Post-Graduate degree in Economics or Econometrics or Statistics or Business Administration or Mathematics or Social Work or Sociology or Anthropology or Agricultural Economics or Public Administration.
- The Qualification mentioned above should have been obtained in the order of studies viz. SSLC, HSC ( or its equivalent ), U.G. Degree and P.G. Degree.
- The qualification ordered to be equivalent to the prescribed qualification are indicated in Annexure – I to this Notification ( Refer also to the Disclaimer annexed to the Notification ).
- Candidates claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim in the form of Government Order ( G.O. ) issued prior to the date of this Notification. The G.O. issued after the date of Notification will not be accepted.
( For further details are at paragraph 10 of the “Instructions to the Candidates” ).
C. Knowledge of Tamil : Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification viz. 16.12.2015. ( Further details are at para 11 of the “Instructions to the candidates” ).
5. TNPSC Research Assistant Exam General Information 2016 :
- The rule of reservation of appointments applies to this post.
- In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms ( S ) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have ordered that “twenty percent of all vacancies in the appointment in the service under, the State which are to be filled by direct recruitment shall be set apart on preferential basis to persons studied in Tamil Medium and the said Tamil Medium reservation applies to this recruitment. In G.O. ( Ms. ) No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.04.2014, Government have issued orders substituting the turns already earmarked to PSTM. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the above prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category.( Further details are at para 29 ( xix ) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’ ).
- The number of TNPSC Research Assistant vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to the vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- E. Certificate of Physical Fitness :Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness Standard of Vision Prescribed Other than Executive and Ministerial Standard-III or Better
Candidates with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from a qualified Eye Specialist.
- In G.O.( Ms. ) No.53, Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme ( SW.4 ) Department, dated 11.4.2005, the Government have identified 117 posts, most suitable for the disabled persons under Group A&B Groups and also directed that reservation of 3% of vacancies in direct recruitment for the identified post of A & B groups where the rule of reservation is applicable for the disabled persons. As far as the post of Research Assistant in Evaluation and Applied Research Department is concerned, it is identified as suitable for Differently Abled person in the above said G.O. Hence reservation to differently abled person will apply for this post. The Differently Abled person turn does not arise in this recruitment. However, they can apply and should send the documents referred to in para 14 ( f ) of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s ‘Instructions to the Candidates’ when called for.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the TNPSC Research Assistant Application ) should be received on the date when called for original certificate verification prior to selection. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Correct and true Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission at the time of TNPSC Research Assistant Application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the Judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment must be produced at the stage / time of Certificate Verification without fail.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility criteria / age / communal categories/ educational qualification will be liable for rejection.