A. Age Limit for TNPSC DEO Jobs 2014 ( as on 01.07.2014 ) :
|Sl. No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age ( should have completed )||Maximum Age|
|1.||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||18 Years||No Age limit|
|2.||‘Others’ ( i.e. candidates not belonging to other than the categories referred to in Sl. No. 1 above ).||18 Years||For Open Market - Should not have completed 30 Years.|
|For Teacher employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools - Should not have completed 40 Years.|
Note : [ For open market candidates only. ]
“Others” Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs who have put in five years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
B. Educational Qualification for TNPSC DEO ( as on 14.02.2014 )
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by an University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grants.
|Name of the Post||Qualification|
|District Educational Officer||For both, Open Market candidates and Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools :
1. Master’s Degree of any University in the State of Tamil Nadu or a Degree of equivalent standard with not less than 50% of Marks in the Master’s Degree Examination in any one of the following subjects :
Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, History & Geography ( Provided that a candidate possessing a Degree of M.A or M.Sc. or an equivalent degree awarded under the grading system shall not be considered eligible for appointment unless he has obtained the said degree with “ O” or “A” or “B” Grade. ) and
2. B.T. or B.Ed. Degree of any university in the State of Tamil Nadu or a degree of equivalent standard. and
3. Must have studied Tamil under Part-I or Part-II of the Intermediate or Pre-University or Higher Secondary Course.
Experience : Only for recruitment to the vacancies in the subjects Physics and Chemistry which are to be filled from among the Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary or Higher Secondary Schools having teaching experience in a recognized School for a total period of not less than 12 years after acquiring the qualifications specified in item 2 above.
Important Note for TNPSC Recruitment 2014 :
- The qualification prescribed for the post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC / 10th + HSC ( or its equivalent ) + Under Graduate Degree + Post Graduate Degree and B.T / B.Ed Degree ( or ) B.T / B.Ed Degree and PG Degree.
- Candidates will be considered only against the vacancy in the particular subject, in which he / she has obtained his / her Master’s Degree.
- Candidates must have passed Tamil in Intermediate / PUC / HSC. ( A pass in the Second Class Language Test ( Full Test ) in Tamil will not be accepted as equivalent to the qualification in Tamil prescribed for this post ). ( Note under paragraph 10 of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to candidates’ will not apply to this recruitment. )
- Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. ( For further details refer paragraph 9 of the ‘Instructions to candidates’ ).
4. General Information for TNPSC Recruitment Exam 2014 :
- The Rule of Reservation of appointments is applicable to the post and the distribution of vacancies will be as per rules in force.
- In G.O. Ms. No. 145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium ( PSTM ) will apply for this recruitment. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the particular communal category. Regarding the PSTM reservation certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in‘ which may be obtained from the Head of the Institution. However, the turn for PSTM does not arise in this recruitment. ( For further details please refer para 27 (19) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’ ).
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable woman candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness :Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
Name of the Post Standard of Vision Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness District Educational Officer Standard-III or better Form prescribed for Executive post.
Candidates with defective vision should upload Eye Fitness Certificate from qualified Eye Specialist when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- In G.O.Ms.No.25 Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP2.1) Department, dated 14.03.2013, the post of District Educational Officer has been identified as suitable for OA / OL / BL / HH categories of Differently Abled persons alone ( OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg, BL-Both Legs, HH-Hard of Hearing ). The turn for Differently Abled Persons does not arise in this recruitment. However, they can apply and should upload the documents referred in para 14 (f) of the TNPSC Commission’s ‘Instructions to candidates’ when called for.
- The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his / her handicap will not render him / her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he / she has been selected before appointment when called for.
- Reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-Servicemen” will not apply to this recruitment.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be received when called for documents / uploading document is made. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High court.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / age / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.