Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment 2016 Eligibility for Junior Scientific Officer – TNPSC Recruitment for Junior Scientific Officer | TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer Exam Pattern | TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer Application Form | TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer Forensic Science Syllabus | TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer General Studies Syllabus
TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer Eligibility 2016 :
1. Age Limit for TNPSC Junior Scientific Officer 2016 :
Age (as on 01st July, 2016)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs (OBCM)s, BCMs and DWs of all castes : Minimum 18 Years to No Maximum Age Limit.
- ‘Others’ [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] : Minimum 18 Years to Maximum 30 Years (Should not have completed).
“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
2. TNPSC Jr Scientific Officer Qualification 2016 :
The candidates Should complete their degree as on 29th July, 2016. Candidates should possess the following or an equivalent qualification granted by any of the Universities or Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant.
M.Sc., (Forensic Science) Degree and a degree in the subject, for the group as shown in the explanation below to which he is appointed.
M.Sc., Degree in the subject for the group as shown in the explanation below to which he is appointed. Other things being equal, preference shall be given to person who holds a degree in M.Sc., (Forensic Science)
Candidates claiming equivalent qualification to the prescribed qualification should furnish the particulars regarding equivalence of qualification at the time of submission of application itself failing which their application will be summarily rejected.
The group, division and subjects are specified :
|Zoology or Anthropology
Micro Biology, Botany
|Chemistry (General or
Organic or Inorganic or
Analytical or Physical)
|Physics or Physical
- A person with Bio-Chemistry as his subject in the degree is eligible for appointment only in the Biology and Serology divisions in the Biology Group and in the Toxicology division in chemistry group.
- A person appointed in the documents and photography division will take his seniority either in the chemistry or physics group according to his subject in the degree.
- The services rendered in the Research and Development and Reception divisions and Mobile Forensic Science Laboratories will be counted for experience in the respective group according to their subject in the degree.
- A Person with Botany as his subject in the degree is eligible for appointment only in the Biology division in the Biology group.
The prescribed PG Degree qualification should have been obtained in the order of S.S.L.C., H.Sc. / Diploma or its equivalent and U.G. Degree respectively.
3. Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination:
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Tamilnadu Public Service Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. So the candidates / applicants should watch Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission website since ahead/ before the scheduled date of examinations.
4. Knowledge of Tamil :
Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of Tamilnadu Public Service Commission Junior Scientific Officer Notification viz 29th July, 2016.