(A) Age Limit for TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2014 ( as on 01.07.2013 )
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Minimum Age ( should have completed )||Maximum Age ( should not have completed )|
|SC’s, SC ( A )’s, ST’s, MBC’s / DC’s, BC’s, BCM’s and DW’s of all castes||“Others” i.e., candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC ( A )’s, ST’s, MBC’s / DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s|
|1.||For all the posts except the post of Assistant Commissioner ( C.T ).||21Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|2.||Assistant Commissioner ( C.T. )|
|(i)||For candidates possessing any degree||21 Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|(ii)||For candidates possessing B.L. degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.||21 Years||36 Years||31 Years|
- “Others” ( i.e., ) candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC(A’)s, ST’s, MBC’s / DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
- The Technical and Non-Technical Staff of TANSI who have faced retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations / Undertakings ( evidence should be produced ) may also apply, if they are otherwise qualified except age and the relevant age rule will be relaxed by the Government in their favour if they come up for selection.
- Para 2 at Sl. No. 4 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ will not apply to this recruitment.
(B) Educational Qualification for TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2014 :
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification :
Candidates should possess a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- “The qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC ( or its equivalent ) + U.G. degree.
- The candidates, who have written the final year degree examination, may also apply for the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services, subject to the condition that they should produce proof of having passed the degree examination when admitted to the Main Written Examination, failing which they will not be admitted to the Main Written Examination.
- The candidates, who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S or any other Medical Examination, but have not completed the internship, may also apply to the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services provided they should submit along with their applications for Main Written Examination a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional Medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of Interview, original degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University / Institution that they had completed all requirements ( including completion of internship ) for the award of the degree.
- Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. ( Please refer para 9 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ ).
Provided that, other things being equal, preference will be given to the candidates, who possess the qualification mentioned against each of the following posts :
Sl. No. Name of the Post Qualification 1. Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category – I ) A Degree or Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science and also to those who possess National Awards for Physical Efficiency. 2. Assistant Commissioner ( C.T. ) First Preference : A Degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws. Second Preference : A Degree both in Commerce and Law. Third Preference : A Degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws. Fourth Preference : A Degree either in Commerce or Law 3. Assistant Director of Rural Development Department i) Post Graduate Degree in Rural Service of the Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai District.
ii) Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Extension.
iii) Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Sociology.
[ Candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination should upload evidence relating to preferential qualifications, if any, possessed by them, when called for. ]
(C) TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2014 Physical Qualification :
Candidates applying for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I ) must possess the following Physical qualifications :
|Name of the Post||Physical Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I )||i. For Men : Must be not less than 165 cms in Height and not less than 86 cms round the chest on full inspiration and must have a chest expansion of not less than 5 cms on full inspiration.
ii. For Women : Must be not less than 155 cms in Height. The Chest measurement will not apply to them.
- Among the candidates admitted to the Main Written Examination those who opt for the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I ) should upload certificate from a Medical Officer of / or above the rank of an Assistant Surgeon appointed by the Government to the Government Medical Institution obtained on or after 29.12.2013 containing the following particulars when called for :
1. Height ____ Centimeters 2. Chest Measurement (a) On full inspiration ____ Centimeters (b) On full expiration ____ Centimeters (c) Difference ( Expansion ) ____ Centimeters
However, in the case of woman applicants applying for the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I ), chest measurement need not be specified in the said certificate.
- An applicant selected for appointment to the post of Deputy Collector must satisfy the Medical Board in Tamil Nadu as to his / her physique, fitness and capacity for active outdoor work.
- An applicant selected for appointment to the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I ) must satisfy the Medical Board in Tamil Nadu as to his / her physique, fitness and capacity for active outdoor work and must be certified by the Superintendent of Government Opthalmic Hospital, Chennai that his / her vision comes upto the requirements prescribed in the rules without the use of contact glasses.
5. General Information for TNPSC Group 1 Examination 2014 :
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to each post separately. The distribution of vacancies will be as per rule in force.
- In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued Orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium ( PSTM ) will apply to this recruitment. The above said reservation will be made applicable to candidates who have acquired the prescribed qualification for the post by studying the said course in Tamil Medium. Candidates claiming PSTM reservation must produce certificate issued by Head of Institution as proof as per the specimen contained in the “Instructions to the candidates” ( refer para 26 (19) of “Instructions to the candidates” ) for having studied in Tamil Medium.
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness : Candidates selected for appointment to the posts included in Group-I Services will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
Sl.No. Name of the Post Standard of Vision Prescribed Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness 1. Deputy Collector Standard III or better Form prescribed for Executive Posts. 2. Assistant Commissioner ( C.T. ) 3. Assistant Director of Rural Development Department
Candidates with defective vision should upload eye fitness certificate from a qualified eye specialist, when called for.
- 3% reservation for Differently Abled Persons will be made applicable to DA Persons as per the orders issued in G.O. (Ms) No.53, Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme Department, dated 11.04.2005, G.O. (Ms). No. 25, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons Department, dated 14.03.2013 and G.O. (Ms) No. 92, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP.3) Department, dated 29.10.2013. Among the posts notified in this recruitment, the post of Assistant Director of Rural Development Department have been identified as suitable for OA / OL / HH categories of Differently Abled persons alone ( OA – One Arm, OL-One Leg, HH-Hard of Hearing ). The posts of Deputy Collector and Assistant Commissioner ( C.T. ) have been identified as suitable for OA / OL categories of Differently Abled Persons alone ( OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg ). Turns earmarked for Differently Abled persons do not fall within the turns utilized for the post of Deputy Collector. The post of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Category-I ) is not identified as suitable for Differently Abled reservation. Differently Abled persons can apply and should upload the documents referred to in para 14 (f) of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’, when called for.
- The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his / her handicap will not render him / her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he / she has been selected before appointment when called for.
- Reservation to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-Servicemen” will not apply for this recruitment.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any claim relating to the selection (not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be received when called for the documents / uploading the documents is made. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High court.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / age / educational / physical qualification will be liable for rejection.
- Knowledge of Tamil : Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification. ( for details refer para 10 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ ).