TNPSC Recruitment for Librarian
Tamilnadu PSC applications are invited only through online mode up to 24th May, 2016 for Direct Recruitment to the post of Librarian in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
- Name of the Post and Code No : Librarian in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (2008-2015) (Code No.2057)
- Name of the Service : Tamil Nadu General Service
- No. of Vacancies : 1GT(G)
- Pay Band and Grade Pay : 15600 – 39100 + Grade Pay 5400
2. Tamilnadu PSC Qualifications :-
2. A. Age Limit for TNPSC Recruitment 2016 (as on 01.07.2016) :
|Sl.No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age|
( should have completed )
|1.||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs(OBCMs), BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||18 Years ||No Age limit|
|2.||‘Others’ [ i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs) and BCMs ].||18 Years||Should not have completed 30 Years|
|TNPSC Librarian Recruitment Exam 2016 Syllabus|
“Others” Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs), BCMs who have put in five years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
2. B. TNPSC Post Educational Qualification ( as on 25.04.2016 )
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of this Notification.
- B.A. or B.Sc., or B.Com. degree of any University (or) B.O.L. of Annamalai University (or) B.B.A. of Madurai Kamaraj University (or) B.Litt. of Madras University (or) B.B.M. of Bharathiar University (or) B.Litt. of Bharathiar University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science
2.B(i) Certificate of Physical Fitness :-
Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :-
Name of TNPSC Post : Librarian in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Standard of Vision : Standard-III
Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness : Form prescribed for Other than Executive and Ministerial post
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies i.e. SSLC + HSC/Diploma + U.G. degree as the case may be.
- Refer to the Disclaimer annexed to the Notification. ( Further details are at para.10 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ ).
- Knowledge of Tamil : Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.
3. TNPSC Examination Fees :
- TNPSC One Time Registration Fee : 50/-
- Tamil Nadu PSC Examination Fee : 125/-
Candidates who have already registered in one time Registration System it is enough to pay the Examination Fee.
4. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Examination Fee :-
- Tamil Nadu PSC Examination Fee 175/- ( Examination Fee 125/- + One Time Registration Fees 50/- )( Rupees One Hundred and Seventy Five only )
- Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one-time registration.
- Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank (State Bank of India/Indian Bank).
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying examination fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One – Time Registration system, and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e., 50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Candidates who have made One – Time Registration must apply for these notified posts. One – Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of Registration.
TNPSC Examination Fee Concession :-
|Scheduled castes / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars )||Full Exemption||--|
|Scheduled Tribes ||Full Exemption||--|
|Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities||Three free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Backward Classes ( Other than|
Muslim ) / Backward Classes ( Muslim )
|Three free Chances ||For Degree Holders|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two free Chances||--|
|Differently Abled Persons||Full Exemption||--|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption||--|
The three / two free chances allowed are not for Each Post but for any Three / Two Applications Only. The claim for exemption from payment of fee made in any application which is rejected / admitted or withdrawn will be counted as a free chance.
5. Scheme for TNPSC Written Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test :-
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, BCs / DCs, BCs ( OBCMs ) and BCMs||Others
|Written Examination in OMR Format : Single paper in the following subjects|
Library and Information Science
(Code No. 071)
(Objective Type -200 items)
General Studies - 100 items
( Degree Standard )
|Interview and Records||70|
In respect of Optional Subjects :-
- The Questions in Paper-I (Library and Information Science) and Paper-II (General Studies) will be set both in English and in Tamil.
- The candidates who have not appeared for any of the subjects in the written examination will not be considered for selection even if they secure the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
- The syllabus for the subjects Library and Information Science and General Studies (Degree Standard) are available in the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- To use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
- Answer sheet will be Invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box for Booklet Series is not shaded and could not be identified even by physical verification of the answer sheet.
- Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number and Question Booklet Series.
6. Centre for Tamilnadu PSC Examination :- Examination will be held at Chennai Centre (Code No.0100) only.
- Candidates should appear for the examination at their own expenses.
- The Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of examination centres and to re-allot the candidates.
7. Procedure of TNPSC Selection :-
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Tamil Nadu PSC Written Examination and
- Oral Test.
8. How to Apply for TNPSC Recruitment 2016 :
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ( www.tnpsc.gov.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in )
- TNPSC One Time Registration ( OTR ) and candidate Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post.
- For registering in One Time Registration, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD / DVD / Pen drive as per their convenience.
- Candidates who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29th September, 2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create Candidate Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the candidates and giving a separate dashboard to each candidate to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Candidate who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same User ID and Password given for One Time Registration.
- All candidates have to furnish their correct SSLC Register Number, Month and Year of Passing and Name of the Board, which issued the certificate. Any details found to be wrong, the One Time Registration and Online Application are liable for rejection at any stage.
- Candidate who have more than one SSLC marks sheets, should enter the details available in the Marks sheets issued after final attempt in which he had passed the SSLC Examination.
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. Email ID and Mobile Number, should always be kept in active. TNPSC will send all communications and messages through the registered email ID and Mobile Numbers.
- Though the candidates furnish details / information in the One Time Registration, the details furnished in the recruitment specific application will alone be taken in to account.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied for, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final. However, candidates can modify certain fields till the date specified for applying online. Certain fields are fixed and cannot be edited even before the closing date. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- The Instructions and Illustration regarding One time Registration is given in the website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
- If they already have user ID and Password, they can key in with them. The available OTR particulars will be displayed on the screen. They have to fill up additional details required for specific recruitment application.
- After submitting details in the application, they can choose any one of the following mode of payment.
- Net Banking
- Debit Card / Credit Card
- Bank Challan
- Post Office Challan
- If the candidates wish to have immediate fee reconciliation, shall make payment through net banking or Debit Card / Credit Card.
- Payment made through challan would take atleast two working days for reconciliation.
- In case, candidate choose to pay fees through the online payment gateway, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, Do not press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid payment failure or double charge.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed an Application Number will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
- For offline mode of payment, candidates have to select either Post Office or State Bank of India.
- On Submission, system will generate the payment challan which the candidate need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of State Bank of India or Post Office to make the payment.
- Commission reserves the right to change the mode of payment at any time without any intimation.
- Kindly collect the candidate’s copy of the Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that the challan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name and DP Code Number, Deposit Date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
- Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in post office or in State Bank of India within two days from the date of registration.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up for next stage of selection.
9. TNPSC Important Dates :-
- Date of Tamilnadu PSC Notification : 25th April, 2016
- Last date for submission of Tamilnadu PSC applications : 24th May, 2016
- Last date for payment of Fee through Bank ( State Bank of India / Indian Bank ) : 26th May, 2016
- Date of Tamilnadu PSC Written Examination Paper-I ( Library and Information Science ) : 17th July, 2016 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
- Date of Tamilnadu PSC Written Examination Paper-II ( General Studies ) : 17th July, 2016 AN 02.30 A.M. to 04.30 P.M.
10. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission General Information :
A. The Rule of reservation of appointments does not apply to this post. However, the post of Librarian has been identified in G.O.Ms.No.13, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP3.2) Department, dated 02.03.2016 as suitable for LV/HH/OA/OL/BL categories of Differently Abled persons [LV- Low Vision(40% to 70%) / HH – Hard of Hearing (55% to 80%) /OA-One Arm(40% to 70%) / OL-One Leg (40% to 70%)/ BL-Both Legs(40% to 70%)] for 3% reservation of vacancies intended for Differently Abled persons. However the turn for Differently Abled Person does not arise in this recruitment.
B. The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
C. Any claim relating to the selection (not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application) should be sent when called for documents / uploading document is made. Any claim received thereafter will not be entertained.
D. Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organisation, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. Dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification.
E. Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility age / category of reservation / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.
11. Tamil Nadu PSC Other Important Instructions :-
a. Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
b. The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. So the candidates / applicants should watch Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission website since ahead/ before the scheduled date of examinations.
c. Facilitation Counter for guidance of candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044-25332833 / 25332855 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 A.M. and 05.45 P.M.
d. Mobile phones and other articles banned :-
- Candidates are not allowed to bring to the venue of the Examination Cellular phone, Calculator, memory notes and books etc. or any other Electronic device or Recording device either as separate piece or part of something used by the candidate such as Watch or Ring.
- If they are found to be in possession of any such thing or instrument they will not be allowed to attend the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary they will be subjected to thorough physical search including frisking on the spot.
- Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article such as books, notes, loose sheets, mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Text Books, rough sheets etc. except the permitted writing material i.e. pen. No colour pen or pencil must be used.
e. Candidates are not required to submit along with their application any certificates in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, community certificates and certificates regarding their physical disability, etc., They should be submitted when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Written Examination and Certificate Verification, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
f. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, or false it will lead to rejection / debarment.
g. Unfair means strictly prohibited : No candidate shall copy from any other candidate nor permit to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
h. Conduct in examination hall : No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the examination hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed and penalized.
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission online application can be submitted upto 24th May, 2016 till 11.59 P.M.