TNPSC Recruitment 2016 for Sub Inspector of Fisheries, Foreman
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission applications are invited only through online mode upto 06th October, 2016 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following post :-
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
|Name of the Post and Post Code||Name of the Service and Code No.||Number of Vacancies||Scale of Pay|
|Sub-Inspector of Fisheries|
(2013 - 2016)
(Post Code. 1760)
|Tamil Nadu Fisheries Subordinate Service|
(Code No. 031)
(B.F.Sc. holders - 7 Other Qualification Holders – 5)
|9,300- 34,800/- (PB2) + 4,400/- Grade Pay|
(Post Code 1762)
Distribution of TNPSC Vacancies :-
Name of TNPSC Post :
Sub Inspector of Fisheries
GT – 2
GT(W) – 1
GT(PSTM) – 1
BC – 2
BC(W) – 1
MBC/DC – 1
MBC/DC(W)(PSTM) – 1
SC – 2
SC(W) – 1
Total – 12
GT – 1
GT(PSTM) – 1
BC – 1
BC(W) – 1
Total – 4
Abbreviation : GT – General Turn, GT (W)- General Turn (Woman), GT (PSTM)- General Turn (Persons Studied in Tamil Medium) BC-Backward Class, BC(W)-Backward Class (Woman), MBC/DC – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community, MBC/DC(W) (PSTM)- Most Backward Class / Denotified Community (Woman) (Persons Studied in Tamil Medium) SC-Scheduled Caste SC(W)-Scheduled Caste (Woman).
Date and Time of TN PSC Written Examination
1. Tamil Nadu PSC Paper – I (Optional Subject) : 11th December, 2016 FN – 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
2. Tamil Nadu PSC Paper – II (General Studies) : 11th December, 2016 AN – 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.
TNPSC Recruitment 2016 Qualifications :-
(A) Age (as on 01.07.2016)
|Sl.No.||Name of the Posts||Posts Category of Candidates||Minimum Age|
( Should have Completed )
|1.||Sub-Inspector of Fisheries||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes||18 Years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]||30 Years ( Should not have completed )|
|2.||Foreman (Marine)||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes||18 Years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]||35 Years ( Should not have completed )|
Note :- “Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
(B) TNPSC Educational Qualification : (as on 09.09.2016) :-
Name of the Posts :
For Sub-Inspector of Fisheries
- Must possess the Associate Diploma in Fisheries Science of the Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Bombay; or
- Must possess a Certificate of successful completion of the full course of Inland or Marine Fisheries classes conducted by the Government of India; or
- Must possess a diploma in Fisheries Technology and Navigation awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu or
- Must possess a Science degree with Zoology as main subject; or
- Must possess a degree of Bachelor of Fisheries Science
Note : In respect of 12 vacancies for the post of Sub Inspector of Fisheries for the years 2013-2016, 60% of the vacancies to be filled up by the holders of B.F.Sc., Degree and 40% of vacancies (i.e.5 vacancies) by the holders of other qualification specified.
For Foreman (Marine)
- Must possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering; or
- Must possess a Post-Diploma in Diesel Traction issued by the Tamil Nadu State Board of Technical Education and Training or
- Must possess a diploma in Mechanical Engineering awarded by the Tamil Nadu State Board of Technical Education and Training with experience for a period not less than two years in any workshop or in handling diesel engines;
Provided that preference shall be given to those who possess the qualifications in the order.
Provided further that preference shall be given to those who possess experience in Marine Diesel Engine for a period of not less than two years or have successfully undergone the Boat Building Foreman Course of training in the Central Institute of Fisheries Operatives.
Tamilnadu PSC Special Qualification :
In order of priority for appointment Engineers/Diploma holders/Craftsman direct recruitment first preference shall be given to persons who have completed one year of apprenticeship under the Government of India scheme or one year of Training under the State Government Apprenticeship Scheme.
- The qualification mentioned above should have been obtained in the order of studies (viz) SSLC/10th, Diploma/HSC, Degree as the case may be
- The qualification ordered to be considered as equivalent to the prescribed qualification.
(C) Knowledge of Tamil : Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.