TNPSC Recruitment 2016 for General Foreman, Technical Assistant
1. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission applications are invited only through online mode upto 03rd April, 2016 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following post :-
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
Candidates possessing Post diploma in Automobile Engineering should upload the practical experience certificate as mentioned in para 4(B) of the Educational Qualification
|Name of the Posts and Post Code||Name of the Service and Code No.||Number of Vacancies||Scale of Pay|
( 2013 - 2014 )
( Post Code. 2026 )
|Tamil Nadu Motor Vehicles Maintenance Subordinate Service ( Code No. 051 )||2 SC-1 MBC / DC (W)-1||9,300-34,800/- ( PB2 ) + 5,100/- Grade Pay|
( 2013 - 2014 )
( Post Code. 2027 )
GT - 1
BC - 1
GT ( PSTM ) - 1
SC ( W ) - 1
MBC / DC - 1
BC( PSTM ) - 1
Abbreviations : SC – Scheduled Castes / MBC / DC (W) – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community – (Woman) GT – General Turn / BC – Backward Class, GT (PSTM) – General Turn (Persons Studied in Tamil Medium) – SC (W) – Scheduled Castes (Women), MBC/DC – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community, BC (PSTM) – Backward Class ( Persons Studied in Tamil Medium ).
2. TNPSC Recruitment 2016 Fees
|One - Time Registration Fee||Examination Fee|
Candidates who have already registered in one time Registration System it is enough to pay the Examination Fee.
TNPSC Examination Fee Concession :-
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars )||Full Exemption||--|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption||--|
|Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities||Three free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Backward Classes ( Other than Muslim ) / Backward Classes ( Muslim )||Three free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two free Chances||Minimum General Educational Qualification|
|Differently Abled Persons||Full Exemption||--|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption||--|
- The three / two free chances allowed are not for Each Post but for any Three / Two Applications Only. The claim for exemption from payment of fee made in any application which is rejected / admitted or withdrawn will be counted as a free chance.
( Further details regarding Fee Concession is mentioned at para 12 of “Instructions to the Candidates” )
3. TNPSC Recruitment 2016 Important Dates
|A||Date of TNPSC Notification||04th March, 2016|
|B||Last date for submission of TNPSC applications||03rd April, 2016|
|C||Last date for payment of Fee through Bank||05th April, 2016|
|Date and Time of TNPSC Written Examination|
|D. Paper - I ( Subject Paper )||03rd July, 2016 FN||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|Paper - II ( General Studies )||03rd July, 2016 AN||02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.|
4. Qualifications for TNPSC Recruitment 2016
A. TNPSC Age Limit 2016 ( as on 01.07.2016 )
|Sl.No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age|
( Should have Completed )
|1||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs,|
BCs (OBCM)s, BCMs and DWs of all castes
|18 Years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|2||“Others” [ i.e. Candidates not|
belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs ]
|18 Years||35 Years
( Should not have Completed )
- “Others” [ i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs ] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
B. TNPSC Recruitment Educational Qualification : ( as on 04.03.2016 ) :-
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of Notification viz. 04th March, 2016. General Foreman and Technical Assistant : Must possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering (or) Automobile Engineering (or) Automobile Technology of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grants;
A Post Diploma in Automobile Engineering of the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu or of any recognized institution or Board with experience for a period of not less than two years in a supervisory capacity in the Automobile Workshop.
- An Automobile Workshop shall mean an Automobile Workshop satisfying the definition of “factory” in section 2 (m) of the Factories Act 1948.
- Factory shall mean “factory” as defined in section 2 (m) of the Factories Act 1948.
Note : Every person appointed to the post should obtain a driving license to drive heavy transport vehicles within the period of probation.
a) The Qualification mentioned above should have been obtained in the order of studies viz. SSLC, HSC ( or its equivalent ), U.G. Degree
- The qualification ordered to be equivalent to the prescribed qualification.
- Candidates claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim in the form of Government Order (G.O.) issued prior to the date of this Notification. The G.O. issued after the date of Notification will not be accepted. ( Further details are at paragraph 10 of the “Instructions to the Candidates” )
C) Knowledge of Tamil :- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.
5. Scheme of TNPSC Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test
|Subject||Duration of Examination||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs.||Others|
|Paper I (200 Questions) Subject paper in U.G. Degree Standard|
Mechanical and Production Engineering
( Code No.074 )
( 100 Questions )
( Code No.015 )
( 100 Questions )
|3 Hours||3 Hours||171||228|
|PAPER II ( 100 Questions )|
( Degree Standard )
Interview and Record
- The question paper in Paper – I will be set in English only and Paper-II will be set both in English and Tamil.
- The existing syllabi for the above subjects under Paper-I ( 10 Units ) and Paper-II ( 10 Units ) have been clubbed together and constituted as a Single syllabus ( 20 Units ). A single question paper in Paper-I will be set in English only.
- The syllabi for Paper – I & Paper-II have been furnished in Annexure-IIA and IIB to this Notification and also available in the Commission’s Website ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’.
- To use either blue or black ink Ball Point pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box provided for booklet series mentioned in the Question Paper is not shaded / incorrectly shaded.
- Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number.
6. Centre for TNPSC Examination
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Examination will be held at Chennai Centre (Code No. 0100) only.
- Candidates will be required to appear for the written Examination / oral test / Certificate verification at their own expenses.
- The Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of Examination Centres and to re-allot the candidates.
7. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Examination Fee
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Examination fee 100/- ( Rupees Hundred only )
- Candidates have to register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one-time registration.
- Candidates should also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank. ( State Bank of India / Indian Bank )
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying Examination Fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of DD / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have already registered in the One Time registration system and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e. 50/- and it is enough to pay the Examination Fee of 100/- alone.
- Candidates who have made One Time Registration must apply for this post also. One Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration.
8. Procedure of TNPSC Exam Selection
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- TNPSC Written Examination and
- TNPSC Oral Test in the form of an interview.
Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together and subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test.
9. No Objection Certificate :- For details refer para 15 (g) of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’. Any violation of the instructions will be liable for or end in rejection of his/her candidature.
10. Concessions :- Concessions in the matter of age and / or fees allowed to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs, Destitute Widows, Ex-servicemen and Differently Abled persons, other categories of persons etc. are given in paragraphs 12 to 14 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’.
11. How to Apply for TNPSC Recruitment 2016
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Online Application Form Click Here www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
12. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission General Information
A. The rule of reservation of appointments applies to these posts.
B. In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have ordered that “twenty percent of all vacancies in the appointment in the service under, the State which are to be filled by direct recruitment shall be set apart on preferential basis to persons studied in Tamil Medium and the said Tamil Medium reservation applies to this recruitment. In G.O. (Ms.) No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.04.2014, Government have issued orders substituting the turns already earmarked to PSTM. However, for the post of General Foreman, PSTM turn does not arise and for the post of Technical Assistant the PSTM turn arises. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the above prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for election for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. ( For further details refer para 29 (xix) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’ )
C. The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to the vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
D If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
E. In G.O. (Ms.) No.25, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 2.1) Department, dated 14.03.2013, executive orders were issued by Government approving a list of 170 posts identified under Group A &B categories as the suitable posts for the persons with disabilities and also directed that 3% of vacancies in direct recruitment for the identified post of A & B groups where the rule of reservation is applicable for the disabled persons. As far as the posts of ‘General Foreman’ and Technical Assistant in Tamil Nadu Motor Vehicle Maintenance Subordinate Service are concerned, they are not identified as suitable for Differently Abled person in the above said G.O. Hence reservation to differently abled person will not apply for these posts. However, they can apply and should send the documents referred to in para 14 (f) of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’ when called for
F. Certificate of Physical Fitness :- Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
|Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness||Standard of Vision Prescribed|
|Form prescribed for Executive Post||Standard-III|
Candidates with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from a qualified Eye Specialist.
G. Reservation to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-service Men” will not apply to these posts.
H. Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be sent when called for documents / uploading document is made. Any claim received thereafter will not be entertained.
I. Correct and true Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the Judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment must be produced at the stage/time of Certificate Verification without fail.
J. The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
K. Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility criteria / age / communal categories / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.