TNPSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Jailor
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission applications are invited only through online mode upto 08th April, 2016 for direct recruitment to the vacancies for the years 1996-2008, 2008-09 and 2009-10 for the post of Assistant Jailor in Prison Department.
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
Tamil Nadu PSC Selection for the following post is made in two successive stages :
- Main Written Examination and
- Oral Test
|Name of the Post and Post Code||Name of the Service and Service Code||No. of Vacancies||Scale of Pay|
|Assistant Jailor in Prison Department|
( Post Code No: 2280 )
|Tamil Nadu Jail Subordinate|
( Service Code : 103 )
( 54+39*+11 )
Pay 4200/- ( PB2 )
|TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2016 Syllabus|
* Tamil Nadu PSC 39 vacancies in respect of the year 2008-2009 has been announced in this Notification pending approval of the Staff Committee. Hence, the number of post given against these vacancies are subject to approval of Staff Committee.
2. Distribution of TNPSC Vacancies 2016
|MBC / DCG||11||BCW_PSTM||1||BCMG||2|
|MBC / DCW||5||GTG||16||BCMW||1|
Abbreviations : G – General, W – Woman, Ex-SM-Ex-serviceman, G-PSTM – ( General ) Persons Studied in Tamil Medium, W-PSTM – ( Women ) Persons Studied in Tamil Medium.
3. Tamil Nadu PSC Fees
- One Time Registration Fee : 50/-
- TNPSC Examination Fee : 100/-
Candidates who have already registered in one time Registration System it is enough to pay the Examination Fee.
TNPSC Examination Fee Concession :-
|Scheduled castes / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars )||Full Exemption||--|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption||--|
|Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities||Three free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Backward Classes ( Other than Muslim ) / Backward Classes ( Muslim )||Three free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances||Minimum General Educational Qualification|
|Differently Abled Persons||Full Exemption||--|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption||--|
The three / two free chances allowed are not for Each Post but for any Three / Two Applications Only. The claim for exemption from payment of fee made in any application which is rejected / admitted or withdrawn will be counted as a free chance.
( Further details regarding Fee Concession is mentioned at para 12 of “Instructions to the Candidates” )
4. Tamil Nadu PSC Important Dates
|A||Date of Notification||09th March, 2016||-|
|B||Last date for submission of applications||08th April, 2016||-|
|C||Last date for payment of Fee through Bank||12th April, 2016||-|
|D||Date and Time of Written Examination ( OMR Method )||Paper - I||24th July, 2016||10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.|
|Paper - II||2:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.|
5. TNPSC Assistant Jailor Qualification
(A) Age ( as on 01.07.2016 )
|Name of the Post||Minimum Age limit ( For all )||Maximum Age Limit|
[ i.e Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs ]
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes ( Muslims ) and Destitute Widows of all castes|
|Assistant Jailor in Prison Department||18 Years||30 Years||No Maximum age limit|
Note :- Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC ( Arunthathiyars ), STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs ( Other than BCMs ), BCMs ( i.e. others ) who have put in five years of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply, even though they are within the age limit.
(B)(i) Educational Qualification for TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2016 :
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent Qualification on the date of this Notification Viz. 09th March, 2016.
Name of Tamil Nadu PSC Post : Assistant Jailor
Educational Qualification for TNPSC Recruitment 2016 : A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com., of any University or institution recognized by the UGC.
- The said qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th, HSC, UG Degree and PG Degree ( 10+2+3 ).
- Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should furnish the details of evidence for such claim when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. ( For further details refer para 10 of the ‘Instructions to the Candidates’ ).
(ii) Tamil Nadu PSC Physical Requirements :
|Category||Height ( Not less than )||Chest Measurement not less than ( round the chest )|
|For all Communities|
( Except SC, SCA and ST )
|For SC, SCA and ST||on full expiration||on full inspiration|
|For All communities|
( except SC, SCA and ST )
|For SC, SCA and ST||( For all )|
( Not less than )
|168cms||160 cms||86 cms||79 cms||5 cms|
( Not less than )
|155 cms||150 cms ||( Not applicable )|
( Note : Must satisfy the Medical Board in Tamil Nadu as to the Physical Fitness and capacity for active outdoor work )
Certificate of Tamil Nadu PSC Physical Measurement :- Every applicant for the post of Assistant Jailer must in addition to the document referred to in paragraph 15 of the Commission’s Instruction to the Candidates, a certificate containing the following particulars should be obtained from a Medical Officer, or above the rank of an Assistant Surgeon appointed by the Government / Government Medical Institution on or after the date of Notification ( 09.03.2016 ) and should be produced in original when called for by the Commission if he / she is selected.
1. Height :
2. Chest Measurement
- Chest ( on full expiration ) Cms :
- Chest ( on full inspiration ) Cms :
- Difference( Expansion ) Cms :
( The measurement should be specified only with reference to metric system )
( Candidates should upload the certificate of physical measurement as mentioned in 5(B)(ii) of the Notification. )
(iii) Certificate of Tamil Nadu PSC Physical Fitness
Candidates selected for appointment to this following post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed as follows :-
|Name of the Post||Form of Certificate of Physical fitness||Standard of Vision Prescribed|
|Assistant Jailor ||Executive Post||Standard I
( i.e., Distant vision without glasses 6/6 each eye. Near vision 0.5 (sn) each eye ).
( Note : Must be certified by the Superintendent of Government Ophthalmic Hospital, Chennai ( Egmore ) that the vision with regard to said requirements. )
(C) Knowledge of Tamil :- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.
6. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission General Information
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to this post.
- In G.O. (Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM reservation certificate, shall be produced / ploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution. ( For further details refer Para 29 (XIX) of the Instructions to the Candidates )
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection for Oral Test.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and High Court of Madurai Bench.
- Reservation for “Differently Abled Persons” and “Destitute Widow” will not applicable to this recruitment.
- 5% of vacancies shall be set apart for Ex-Servicemen in the posts which are classified under Group-‘C’. If no qualified and suitable Ex-Servicemen belonging to a particular category is available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by a candidate other than Ex-Servicemen but belonging to the particular communal category. The G.O. regarding definition of Ex-Servicemen.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC ( Arunthathiyars ) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- The original certificate for any claim relating to the selection (not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application) should be produced when called for. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organisation, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. Dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility age / category of reservation / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.
7. Scheme of TNPSC Main Written Examination and Oral Test
Tamil Nadu PSC Main Written Examination ( Degree Standard ) ( Objective Type ) ( OMR Method ) and Oral Test :-
TNPSC Main Written Examination
( Degree Standard ) ( Objective Type )
( 200 items )
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Socio – Economic issues in India / Tamil Nadu
- Current issues at National Level
- Current issues at State Level
|TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2016 Syllabus|
Duration : 3 Hours
Maximum Marks : 300
( Degree Standard ) ( Objective Type )
- General Studies – 75 items
- Aptitude and Mental Ability Test – 25 items
- General Tamil / General English ( SSLC Standard ) – 100 items
Duration : 3 Hours
Maximum Marks : 300
Interview and Record : 80
Others : 272
SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC and BC(M) : 204
Tamil Nadu PSC Main Written Examination consists two paper viz paper-I and paper-II
Note (1) :
- In respect of the question paper-I will be set both in Tamil and in English.
- In respect of the question paper-II, General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be set in the respective language.
Note (2) : Instruction to candidates appearing for Objective type Examination
- To use blue or black ink ball point pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box provided for booklet series mentioned in the Question Paper is not shaded / in correctly shaded.
- Answer sheet answered in a subject other than the subject opted by the candidates in his application / specified in the Hall Ticket will be invalidated.
- Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number.
Scheme of Tamilnadu Public Service Commission Examination and Syllabi for the Written Examination are available in the Commission’s Website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’.
8. Centres for Tamil Nadu PSC Examination 2016
The Main Written Examination will be held at the following Centres :
|Sl.No.||District||Code No||Sl.No.||District||Code No||Sl.No.||District||Code No||Sl. No.||District||Code No|
- For Main Written Examination, the Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of Examination Centres and to re-allot the candidates as decided by Commission.
- Candidates will be required to appear for the Main Written Examination / Oral Test / Certificate verification at their own expenses.
- Request for change of centre will not be complied with.
9. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Examination Fee
- Tamil Nadu PSC Examination fee 100/- ( Rupees Hundred only )
- Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one-time registration.
- Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank (( State Bank of India or Indian Bank ).
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying examination fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One – Time Registration system, and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e., 50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Candidates who have made One – Time Registration must apply for these notified posts. One – Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of Registration.
10. TNPSC Procedure of Selection
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Tamil Nadu PSC Written Examination and
- Oral Test in the shape of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Candidate’s appearance in the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared for the Written Examination or the Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks for selection.
11. How to Apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment 2016
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ( www.tnpsc.gov.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in )
- TNPSC One Time Registration ( OTR ) and candidate Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post.
- For registering in One Time Registration, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD / DVD / Pen drive as per their convenience.
- Candidates who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create Candidate Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the candidates and giving a separate dashboard to each candidate to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Candidate who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same User ID and Password given for One Time Registration.
- All candidates have to furnish their correct SSLC Register Number, Month and Year of Passing and Name of the Board, which issued the certificate. Any details found to be wrong, the One Time Registration and Online Application are liable for rejection at any stage.
- Candidate who have more than one SSLC marks sheets, should enter the details available in the Marks sheets issued after final attempt in which he had passed the SSLC Examination.
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. Email ID and Mobile Number, should always be kept in active. TNPSC will send all communications and messages through the registered email ID and Mobile Numbers.
- Though the candidates furnish details / information in the One Time Registration, the details furnished in the recruitment specific application will alone be taken in to account.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied for, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final. However, candidates can modify certain fields till the date specified for applying online. Certain fields are fixed and cannot be edited even before the closing date. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care
as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- The Instructions and Illustration regarding One time Registration is given in the website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
- If they already have user ID and Password, they can key in with them. The available OTR particulars will be displayed on the screen. They have to fill up additional details required for specific recruitment application.
- After submitting details in the application, they can choose any one of the following mode of payment.a. Net Banking
b. Debit Card / Credit Card
c. Bank Challan
d. Post Office Challan
- If the candidates wish to have immediate fee reconciliation, shall make payment through net banking or Debit Card / Credit Card.
- Payment made through challan would take atleast two working days for reconciliation.
- In case, candidate choose to pay fees through the online payment gateway, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, Do not press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid payment failure or double charge.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed an Application Number will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
- For offline mode of payment, candidates have to select either Post Office or State Bank of India.
- On Submission, system will generate the payment challan which the candidate need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of State Bank of India or Post Office to make the payment.
- Commission reserves the right to change the mode of payment at any time without any intimation.
- Kindly collect the candidate’s copy of the Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that the challan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name and DP Code Number, Deposit Date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
- Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in post office or in State Bank of India within two days from the date of registration.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up for next stage of selection.
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission Online Application can be filled upto 08th April, 2016 till 11.59 P.M., after which the link will be disabled.