4. TNPSC Child Development Project Officer Qualifications 2014 :
A. Age Limit for TNPSC Child Development Project Officer 2014 ( as on 01.07.2014 ) :
|Sl. No.||Category of Candidates ||Minimum Age ( Should have |
|1.||SCs, SC ( A )s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||18 Years||No Age limit|
|2.||‘Others’ [ i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC ( A )s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ]. ||18 Years||30 Years ( Should not
have completed )
- “Others” [ i.e Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC ( A )s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs ] who have put in five years of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
- The Technical and Non-Technical Staff of TANSI who have faced retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations / Undertakings may also apply, if they are otherwise qualified except age and the relevant age rule will be relaxed by the government in their favour if they come up for selection.
B. TNPSC Child Development Project Officer Educational Qualification 2014 : ( as on 28.11.2014 ).
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant :
|Name of the Post||Qualification
|Child Development Project Officer ||1. Degree in Nutrition.
( or )
2. Degree in Home Science.
( or )
3. A degree with a PG Diploma in Rural Services of Gandhigram University.
- The Degree / Post Graduate Diploma qualification prescribed should have been obtained after passing SSLC / 10th, Diploma / H.S.C, Degree as the case may be.
- Candidates claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim in the form of Government Order ( G.O. ) issued prior to the date of this Notification. The G.O. issued after the date of Notification will not be accepted.
4. General Information for TNPSC Child Development Project Officer 2014 :
- The Rule of reservation of appointment is applicable to this post.
- In G.O. Ms. No. 145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms ( S ) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the above prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium ( PSTM ) will apply for this recruitment. The turns for PSTM has been ordered in G.O. Ms. No. 40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms ( S ) Department, dated 30.04.2014. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the above prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. Regarding the PSTM reservation certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in‘ which may be obtained from the Head of the Institution or Registrar.
( For further details refer para. 27 ( 19 ) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’ ).
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- Woman candidates alone are eligible for this post.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness for TNPSC Child Development Project Officer 2014 :
Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
|Name of the Post||Standard of Vision ||Form of Certificate of Physical
|Child Development Project Officer||Standard - III or better||Form prescribed for Executive Post|
Candidates with defective vision should produce eye fitness certificate from a qualified eye specialist.
In G.O.Ms.No.25 Welfare of Differently Abled Persons ( DAP2.1 ) Department, dated 14.03.2013, the post of Child Development Project Officer has been identified as suitable for OA / OL / HH categories of Differently Abled persons alone for 3% reservation to Differently Abled Persons [ OA - One Arm, OL - One Leg and HH - Hard of Hearing ].
- The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his / her handicap will not render him / her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he / she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Reservation of appointments to ‘Destitute Widows’ will not apply to this recruitment.
- Even after filling up of the post reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be sent when called for documents / uploading document is made. Any claim received thereafter will not be entertained.
- Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the Judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of Certificate Verification without fail.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High court.
- TNPSC Child Development Project Officer Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / other basic qualifications / eligibilitywise / age / educational qualification / Practical Experience etc., ( i.e ) basic eligibility criteria are liable for rejection.