(A) Age ( as on 01.07.2014 )
|Sl. No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age ( should have completed )||Maximum Age ( should not have completed )|
|1.||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes||21 Years||35 Years|
|2.||“Others” [ i.e Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ]||30 Years|
Important Note for TNPSC Recruitment Exams 2014 :
- Provided that, in the case of candidates working as Rangers, who have secured Honours during Rangers training and who have not completed 45 years of age shall be eligible for exemption of age limit for two times to appear for Direct Recruitment to TNPSC Assistant Conservator of Forests post.
- Para 4 of the ‘Instructions to Candidates’ will not apply to TNPSC recruitment.
- “Others” i.e Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ( except those referred under note (i) above ) who have put in 5 years of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
- The Technical and Non-Technical Staff of TANSI who have faced retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations / Undertakings may also apply ( evidence to be produced ), if they are otherwise qualified except age and the relevant age rule will be relaxed by the Government in their favour if they come up for selection.
(B) TNPSC Assistant Conservator of Forests Educational Qualification :
Candidates should possess any one of the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by an University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission on the date of this Notification viz., 19.09.2014.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Botany
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Physics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Forest Economics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- The subject mentioned above should have been taken as the main subject for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Provided that in the case of Graduates with Mathematics or Statistics, they must have taken one of the following subjects in their P.U.C. or H.S.C. or Matriculation or equivalent examination, namely :
(i) Biology (ii) Physics (iii) Chemistry
- Provided further that, other things being equal, preference shall be given to candidates who possess a degree in Forestry or a Post Graduate Degree in Wild Life Biology.
- In the selection of Engineering Graduates ( Mechanical, Civil or Chemical ), other things being equal, preference shall be given to those who have undergone one year of Apprenticeship under the Government of India Scheme or one year of training under the State Government Apprenticeship Scheme.
- The qualifications ordered equivalent to the prescribed qualification are indicated in annexure to this notification. ( Refer also to the disclaimer annexed to the notification )
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC + U.G degree.
G.O’s / Government letters relating to equivalence of qualification for the post of ACF included in Group – IA Service.
|Sl. No.||Degree||Equivalence Degree||G.O||Sl. No.||Degree||Equivalence Degree||G.O|
|1.||B.Sc Botany||1. B.Sc , Plant Biology and Plant Bio-technology awarded by Bharathiyar University||G.O (1D) NO.268 Higher Education (H1) Department, dated 20.09.2012.||6.||B.Sc Physics||2. B.Sc Physics ( Vocational ) Periyar University||G.O.(Ms)No.72, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 30.04.2013.|
|2. B.Sc Plant Biology & Plant Bio Technology||G.O (Ms) No.72, Higher Education (K2) Department, dated 30.04.2013.||3. B.Sc Physics with Compulsory diploma in instrumentation is equivalent to B.Sc Physics of Bharathiyar University|
|3. B.Sc Environmental Biology is equivalent to M.Sc. ( Botany )||4. B.Sc ( Special ) Physics with Computer Application awarded by Madurai Kamaraj University||G.O.(Ms)No.27, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 13.02.2014.|
|4. B.Sc Plant Biology & Plant Bio Technology of Madras University is equivalent to B.Sc Botany of Madras University||G.O.117, Higher Education (K2) Department, dated 02.07.2013.||5. B.Sc Physics with Computer Application awarded by Bharathiyar University|
|5. B.Sc ( Botany ) ( Vocational Bio Technology ) awarded by Periyar University||G.O.(Ms) No.112, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 18.07.2014.||6. B.Sc Physics Electronics & Communication & Computer Application by Vivekananda College Autonomus Madurai Kamaraj University|
|6. B.Sc ( Special ) in Botany ( Specialisation in Industrial Microbiology ) awarded by Lady Doak College Madurai Kamaraj University||7. B.Sc ( Special ) Physics awarded by Lady Doak College ( Autonomous ) affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University.||G.O.(Ms)No. 116, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 22.07.2014.|
|2.||B.Sc Chemistry||B.Sc Industrial Chemistry||O (Ms) No.72, Higher Education (K2) Department, dated 30.04.2013.||8. B.SC Physics with specialization in PC Hardware and networking awarded by Lady Doak College, affiliated Madurai Kamaraj University.|
|3.||B.E ( Civil Engineering )||1. B.E ( Civil & Transportation Engineering ) awarded by Bharathiyar University||G.O.110, Public Works Department, dated 30.04.2008.||7.||B.Sc Zoology||1. B.Sc ( Animal Science Bio-|
Technology ( 2002-2003 )
|G.O. (Ms) No. 104, Higher Education Department, dated 22.06.2012.|
|2. B.E ( Civil & Structural Engineering )||G.O.102, Agriculture Dept, dated 11.05.2010||2. B.Sc ( Advanced Zoology & Bio-Technology 2005-2006 ) B.Sc ( Zoology & Bio-Technology 2008-09 )|
|4.||B.E degree ( Mechanical Engineering )||B.E. ( Production Engineering & B.E Industrial Engineering ) awarded by the Universities in Tamil Nadu||G.O.(Ms)No.183, P & AR (R)Dept, dated 06.06.1995.||3. B.Sc ( Advanced Zoology & Bio Technology, Madras University )||G.O.(Ms)No. 117, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 02.07.2013.|
|B.E ( Manufacturing Engineering ( part time ) awarded by Anna University is equivalent to B.E Mechanical Engineering of Anna University||G.O.Ms.No.9, Energy (B2) Dept, dated 28.01.2010.||4. B.Sc ( Special ) Zoology ( Special in Bio-Technology ) awarded by Lady Doak College, affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University||G.O.(Ms)27,Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 13.02.2014.|
|B.E ( Mechanical & Production Engineering )||G.O.(Ms)No. 102, Agriculture (AA3) Dept, date 11.05.2010.||5. B.Sc ( Advanced Zoology & Bio-Technology ) Manonmaniam Sundaranar University till 2009-2010.|
|5.||B.Sc Maths||B.Sc. Maths ( Computer Application )||G.O.(Ms)No.72, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 30.04.2013.||6. B.Sc ( Zoology with Bio-Technology ) awarded by AVVM Sri Pushpam College, Autonomous, Bharathidasan University.||G.O.(Ms)No.112, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 18.07.2014.|
|B.Sc. ( Statistics )||7. B.Sc ( Advanced Zoology & Bio-Tecnology ) awarded by Vivekananda College ( Autonomus ) affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University.||G.O.(Ms)No. 116, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 22.07.2014.|
|6.||B.Sc Physics||1. B.Sc Physics ( Computer Application ) Bharathiyar University||G.O.(Ms)No.72, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 30.04.2013.||8.||B.Sc. ( Horticulture )||B.Tech ( Horiticulture ) Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is equivalent to B.Sc Horticulture Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||G.O.(Ms)No.7, Agricuture Dept, dated 10.01.2011.|
|9.||B.Sc., ( Statistics )||M.Sc., Statistics with Computer Application 5 years Integrated Programme awarded by Annamalai University equivalent to 3 years U.G and 2 years P.G. Statistics.||G.O.(Ms)No. 116, Higher Education (K2) Dept, dated 22.07.2014.|
C) Physical Standards for TNPSC Assistant Conservator of Forests 2014 :
Candidates must possess the following Minimum Physical Standards :
|Category||Height ( cm )||Chest Girth ( cm )|
The following minimum height standards may be allowed in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and races such as Assamese, Bhutanese, Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Ladakhese, Mizo, Naga, Nepalese, Sikkimese and those from Arunachal Pradesh, Lahaul and Spiti and Meghalalya.
Male Candidate – 152 cm
Female Candidate – 145 cm
Only candidates possessing the above said minimum physical Standards are eligible to apply for the TNPSC Assistant Conservator of Forests post.
Candidates should upload a certificate from a Medical Officer of / or above the rank of an Assistant Surgeon appointed by the Government to a Government Medical Institution obtained on or after 19.09.2014 ( date of notification ) containing the following particulars, when called for :
(1) Height – ………….. Cms.
(2) Chest measurement :
- On full inspiration …. Cms.
- On full expiration ……. Cms.
- Difference ( expansion ) ….. Cms.
(D) Physical Test :
- A Candidate must pass a physical test covering a distance of 25/16 Kms within 4 hours on foot by male / female candidates respectively.
- An applicant must statisfy a Medical Board in Chennai as to his / her physique, fitness and capacity for rough outdoor work in the Forest Department.
4. General Information for TNPSC Recruitment Exams 2014 :
- The rule of reservation of appointments apply to the post and distribution of the vacancies will be as per the rule in force.
- In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium ( PSTM ) will apply for this recruitment. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the particular communal category. Regarding the PSTM reservation certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in‘ which may be obtained from the Head of the Institution. However, turn earmarked for ‘PSTM’ does not arise in this recruitment.( For further details please refer para 27 (xix) of ‘Instructions to the candidates’ )
- In G.O.Ms.No.53, Social Welfare & Nutritious Meal Programme Department, dated 11.04.2005 and G.O.Ms.No.25 Welfare of Differently Abled Persons ( DAP 2.1 ) Department, dated 14.03.2013, the post has not been identified as suitable for Differently Abled person. Reservation for Differently Abled persons is not applicable for this recruitment. However, they can apply if they satisfy the Physical Standards prescribed in para 3(c) above and should upload the documents referred to in para 14(f) of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’ when called for.
- The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his / her handicap will not render him / her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he / she has been selected before appointment when called for.
- The number of vacancies in TNPSC advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time including reduction before finalization of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- Certificate of physical fitness :Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below :
Standard of Vision Prescribed Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness Standard-I Form prescribed for Executive Posts
- Reservation of appointment to Destitute Widows and Ex-Servicemen will not apply to Tamil Nadu PSC 2014 recruitment.
- Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be received when called for the documents / uploading the documents is made. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / age / educational / physical qualification will be liable for rejection.
- Knowledge of Tamil : Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification. ( for details refer para 10 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’ ).
Disclaimer : “The Government orders relating to Equivalence of qualification have been hosted in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission website. However the candidates while applying for the examination should upload the equivalence of qualification in the form of Government order, if any, which are not mentioned in the annexure to the notification and produce the same when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission”.