TNPSC Recruitment Exam for Deputy Manager
Tamil Nadu PSC applications are invited from the candidates through online mode upto 10th May, 2016 for Direct Recruitment to the following post in the ELCOT :-
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars in online mode through one Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
- Name of the Post : Deputy Manager-II
- Name of the Organisation : ELCOT ( Information Technology Department )
- No. of Vacancies : 12
- Scale of Pay : 15600-39100 + Grade Pay 5400/-
2. Distribution of TNPSC Vacancies :-
- GT(G) PSTM-1
- MBC/DC (G)-1
|TNPSC Deputy Manager Recruitment Exam 2016 Syllabus|
GT – General Turn, BC – Backward Class, MBC / DC – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community, SC – Schedule Caste, A – Arunthathiar, G – General, W – Women, PSTM – Persons Studied in Tamil Medium.
3. Tamil Nadu PSC Important Dates :-
- Date of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Notification : 11th April, 2016
- Last date for submission of Tamil Nadu PSC applications : 10th May, 2016
- Last date for payment of Fee through Bank ( State Bank of India / Indian Bank ) : 12th May, 2016
Date and Time of Tamil Nadu PSC Written Examination :
- TNPSC Paper-I (Subject Paper-I) : 02nd July, 2016 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
- TNPSC Paper-II (Subject Paper-II) : 02nd July, 2016 AN 02.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M.
- TNPSC Paper-III (Engineering Aptitude with General Studies) : 03rd July, 2016 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
4. TNPSC Examination Fees :
Tamil Nadu PSC One Time Registration Fee : 50/-
Tamil Nadu PSC Examination Fee : 125/-
Candidates who have already registered in one time Registration System it is enough to pay the Examination Fee.
Tamil Nadu PSC Examination Fee Concession :-
|Scheduled castes / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars )||Full Exemption||--|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption||--|
|Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Backward Classes ( Other than|
Muslim ) / Backward Classes ( Muslim )
|Three Free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances||Minimum General Educational Qualification
|Differently Abled Persons||Full Exemption||--|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption||--|
The three / two free chances allowed are not for Each Post but for any Three / Two Applications Only. The claim for exemption from payment of fee made in any application which is rejected / admitted or withdrawn will be counted as a free chance.
5. Qualifications for Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment 2016 :-
5.A. Age ( as on 01.07.2016 ) :
|Sl.No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age|
( should have completed )
( should not have completed )
|1.||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs (OBCMs), BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes||18 Years ||No Age Limit|
|2.||‘Others’ [ i.e. candidates not|
belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs (OBCMs) and BCMs ].
|18 Years||30 Years|
5.B. Tamil Nadu PSC Educational Qualification (as on 11.04.2016)
Candidates should possess the following qualification :
- B.E. Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (OR)
- B.E. Degree in Computer Science Engineering (OR)
- B.Tech Degree in Information Technology and
2. Five (5) years experience in Software / Hardware Company.
- The Degree / Post Graduate Degree qualification prescribed should have been obtained after passing SSLC/10th, Diploma/H.S.C, Degree as the case may be.
- Candidates possessing the qualification other than those mentioned in the above table are not eligible to apply.
6. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission General Information :
A. The Rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to the post.
B. In G.O. (Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. ( Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation ). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM reservation certificate, shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution.
C. The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
D. If no qualified and suitable woman candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
E. 3% reservation for Differently Abled Persons will not apply to this recruitment.
F. The Differently Abled persons should upload a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
G. Reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” will not apply to this recruitment.
H. Even after filling up of the post reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
I. Any claim relating to the selection ( not related to candidature or / and claims made in the application ) should be sent when called for documents / uploading document is made. Any claim received thereafter will not be entertained.
J. Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organisation, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the judgement of Acquittals, order / or G.O. Dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification.
K. Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility age / category of reservation / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.
7. Scheme of TNPSC Written Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test :-
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC / DCs BC(M)s & BCs ( OBCMs )||Others
|I. Written Examination in OMR Format :|
Paper-I [ Degree Standard / Objective Type ] (200 items)
Covering all the three disciplines
|3 Hours||300 Marks||306||408
|Paper-II [ Degree Standard / Objective Type ] (200 items)|
Covering all the three disciplines
|3 Hours||300 Marks|
|Paper-III [ Degree Standard / Objective Type ] (200 items)|
Engineering Aptitude with General Studies
Engineering Aptitude (150 items)
General Studies (50 items)
|3 Hours||300 Marks|
|II. Interview & Records||120 Marks|
|Total Marks||1020 Marks|
In respect of TNPSC Subject Paper :-
- The Questions in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III will be set in English only.
- The candidates who have not appeared for any of the paper in the written examination will not be considered for selection even if they secure the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
- The syllabus for the subjects Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III ( Engineering Aptitude with General Studies ) are available in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in and also furnished in to this Notification.
- To use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
- Answer sheet will be Invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box for Booklet Series is not shaded and could not be identified even by physical verification of the answer sheet.
- Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number and Question Booklet Series.
8. Centre for TNPSC Examination :-
Tamilnadu PSC Examination will be held at the following Centres :
Name of the Centre – Centre Code
- Chennai : 0100
- Coimbatore : 0200
- Madurai : 1000
- Candidates should appear for the examination at their own expenses.
- Request for change of venue will not be complied with.
- The Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of examination centres and to re-allot the candidates.
9. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Selection Procedure :-
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Written Examination and
- Oral Test.
10. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Examination Fee :-
- Examination fee 175/- ( Examination Fee 125/- + One Time Registration Fees 50/- ) ( Rupees One Hundred and Seventy Five only )
- Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one-time registration.
- Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank ( State Bank of India / Indian Bank ).
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying examination fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One-Time Registration system, and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e., 50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Candidates who have made One-Time Registration must apply for these notified posts. One-Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of Registration.
11. No Objection Certificate and Information to the Employer :-
Any violation of the instruction will be liable for rejection of application and / forfeit his/her candidature.
12. How to Apply for TNPSC Examination 2016 :
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ( www.tnpsc.gov.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in )
- TNPSC One Time Registration ( OTR ) and candidate Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post.
- For registering in One Time Registration, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD / DVD / Pen drive as per their convenience.
- Candidates who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create Candidate Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the candidates and giving a separate dashboard to each candidate to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Candidate who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same User ID and Password given for One Time Registration.
- All candidates have to furnish their correct SSLC Register Number, Month and Year of Passing and Name of the Board, which issued the certificate. Any details found to be wrong, the One Time Registration and Online Application are liable for rejection at any stage.
- Candidate who have more than one SSLC marks sheets, should enter the details available in the Marks sheets issued after final attempt in which he had passed the SSLC Examination.
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. Email ID and Mobile Number, should always be kept in active. TNPSC will send all communications and messages through the registered email ID and Mobile Numbers.
- Though the candidates furnish details / information in the One Time Registration, the details furnished in the recruitment specific application will alone be taken in to account.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied for, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final. However, candidates can modify certain fields till the date specified for applying online. Certain fields are fixed and cannot be edited even before the closing date. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care
as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- The Instructions and Illustration regarding One time Registration is given in the website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
- If they already have user ID and Password, they can key in with them. The available OTR particulars will be displayed on the screen. They have to fill up additional details required for specific recruitment application.
- After submitting details in the application, they can choose any one of the following mode of payment.
- Net Banking
- Debit Card / Credit Card
- Bank Challan
- Post Office Challan
- If the candidates wish to have immediate fee reconciliation, shall make payment through net banking or Debit Card / Credit Card.
- Payment made through challan would take atleast two working days for reconciliation.
- In case, candidate choose to pay fees through the online payment gateway, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, Do not press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid payment failure or double charge.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed an Application Number will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
- For offline mode of payment, candidates have to select either Post Office or State Bank of India.
- On Submission, system will generate the payment challan which the candidate need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of State Bank of India or Post Office to make the payment.
- Commission reserves the right to change the mode of payment at any time without any intimation.
- Kindly collect the candidate’s copy of the Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that the challan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name and DP Code Number, Deposit Date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
- Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in post office or in State Bank of India within two days from the date of registration.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up for next stage of selection.
13. Tamilnadu PSC Other Important Instructions :-
a. Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
b. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. So the candidates / applicants should watch Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission website since ahead / before the scheduled date of examinations.
c. Facilitation Counter for guidance of candidates : In case of any guidance/ information / clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044-25332833/ 25332855 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 A.M. and 05.45 P.M.
d. Mobile phones and other articles banned :-
- Candidates are not allowed to bring to the venue of the Examination Cellular phone, Calculator, memory notes and books etc. or any other Electronic device or Recording device either as separate piece or part of something used by the candidate such as Watch or Ring.
- If they are found to be in possession of any such thing or instrument they will not be allowed to attend the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary they will be subjected to thorough physical search including frisking on the spot.
- Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article such as books, notes, loose sheets, mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Text Books, rough sheets etc. except the permitted writing material i.e. pen. No colour pen or pencil must be used.
e. Candidates are requested to upload along with their application the certificate in support of their claim regarding age, educational qualification, community, experience and PSTM ( if applicable ) in the format available in the Commission’s.
f. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, or false it will lead to rejection / debarment.
g. Unfair means strictly prohibited : No candidate shall copy from any other candidate nor permit to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
h. Conduct in examination hall : No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the examination hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed and penalized.
Tamilnadu PSC online application can be submitted upto 10th May, 2016 till 11.59 P.M., after which the link will be disabled.