Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Block Health Statistician – TNPSC Block Health Statistician Syllabus
TNPSC Applications are invited only through online mode upto 14.03.2016 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies for the following post :
Candidates have to Register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee.
|Name of the Post and Post Code No.||Name of the Service and Code No.||Number of Vacancies||Scale of Pay|
|Block Health Statistician in the Family Welfare Department ( 2007 - 2011 ) ( Post Code. 2010 )||Tamil Nadu Medical Subordinate Service ( Code No.049 )||172||5,200 - 20,200/- ( PB 1 ) + Grade Pay 2,800/-|
2. Distribution of TNPSC Vacancies 2016 :
Rule of reservation of appointment applies to TNPSC Block Health Statistician post and the distribution of vacancies is as follows :
|Category||G||W||G - PSTM||W - PSTM||DW||Ex - Ser||Ex - PSTM||G - Blind||G - Ortho||W - Ortho||G - Deaf||W - Deaf||Total Vacancies|
|BC ( M )||3||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||6|
|MBC / DC||17||7||5||2||1||1||-||-||-||-||1||-||34|
|SC ( A )||3||1||-||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||5|
Abbreviation : BC – Backward Class, GT – General Turn, BCM – Backward Class Muslim, MBC / DC – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community, SC – Scheduled Caste, SC(A) – Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ), ST – Scheduled Tribe, G – General, W – Women, PSTM – Persons Studied in Tamil Medium, DW – Destitute Widow, Ex-Ser – Ex-Servicemen.
Unfilled vacancies if any arises in the previous recruitment will be added in this recruitment.
3. TNPSC Application Fees 2016 :
One Time Registration Fee : 50/-.
Examination Fee : 100/-.
Candidates who have already registered in one time Registration System it is enough to pay the Examination Fee.
Examination Fee Concession 2016 :
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars )||Full Exemption||-|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption||-|
|Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Backward Classes ( Other than Muslim ) / Backward Classes ( Muslim )||Three Free Chances||For Degree Holders|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances||Minimum General Educational Qualification|
|Differently Abled Persons||Full Exemption||-|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption||-|
The three / two free chances allowed are not for each post but for any three / two applications only. The claim for exemption from payment of fee made in any application which is rejected / admitted or withdrawn will be counted as a free chance.
4. Important Dates :
|A||Date of Notification||12.02.2016|
|B||Last date for submission of applications||14.03.2016|
|C||Last date for payment of fee||16.03.2016|
|Date and Time of Written Examination|
|D||Paper - I ( Subject of Examination )||05.06.2016 FN
10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
|Paper - II ( General Studies )||05.06.2016 AN
02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.
5. TNPSC Exam Qualifications 2016 :
A. Age ( as on 01.07.2016 )
|Sl.No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age ( Should have completed )||Maximum Age|
|1||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs ( OBCM )s, BCMs and DWs of all castes||18 Years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|2||“Others” [ i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ]||18 Years||30 Years ( Should not have completed )|
“Others” [ i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs ] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
B. TNPSC Exam Educational Qualification : ( as on 12.02.2016 ) :
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of Notification.
A Second Class degree in Mathematics with Statistics as an ancillary subject. Or
A Second Class degree in Statistics with Mathematics as an ancillary subject.
Other things being equal preference shall be given to persons with experience* in Collection and Compilation of statistics for a period of not less than 3 years.
*The certificates for having the above experience issued by the various departments of state and central Governments and related public sector undertakings, Educational and Research Institutions and autonomous institutions obtained from the Principal / Head of the Department / Dean.
- The prescribed UG Degree qualification should have been obtained in the order of S.S.L.C., H.Sc / Diploma or its equivalent and U.G. Degree respectively.
- Candidates claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should furnish evidence for such claim in the form of Government Order (G.O.) issued prior to the date of this Notification. The G.O. issued after the date of Notification will not be accepted. ( Refer also to the disclaimer annexed to the notification ).
C. Knowledge of Tamil :
Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.
6. Scheme of TNPSC Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test ( OMR Method ) :
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs||Others|
|I. Paper - I ( 200 questions )|
( Degree Standard )
One of the following Subjects
1. Statistics ( Code No.111 )
2. Mathematics ( Code No. 073 )
|II. Paper - II ( 100 questions )|
( Degree Standard )
|Interview and Records||70|
- The candidates should opt only the subject in which they have obtained the degree.
- The question papers in Paper – I and Paper – II will be set both in English and Tamil.
7. Center for TNPSC Examination 2016 :
TNPSC Block Health Statistician Examination will be held at the following 9 centres.
|Sl.No.||Name of the Centre||Centre Code||Sl.No.||Name of the Centre||Centre Code||Sl.No.||Name of the Centre||Centre Code|
- Candidates will be required to appear for the examination / Certificate Verification and counselling at their own expenses.
- Request for change of centre will not be complied with.
- The Commission reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination venues and to re – allot the candidates.
8. Mode of Payment of TNPSC Examination Fee 2016 :
- TNPSC Block Health Statistician Examination fee 100/- ( Rupees One Hundred only )
- Candidates have to register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of 50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of one time registration.
- Candidates should also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank ( State Bank of India / Indian Bank ).
- Candidates can avail exemption from paying Examination Fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of DD / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have already registered in the One Time registration system and paid the registration fee of 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e. 50/- and it is enough to pay the Examination Fee of 100/- alone.
- Candidates who have made One Time Registration must apply for this post also. One Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration.
9. Procedure of TNPSC Selection 2016 :
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together and subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he / she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test.
10. TNPSC Job How to Apply 2016 :
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ( www.tnpsc.gov.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in )
- One Time Registration ( OTR ) and candidate Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post.
- For registering in One Time Registration, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD / DVD / Pen drive as per their convenience.
- Candidates who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create Candidate Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the candidates and giving a separate dashboard to each candidate to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Candidate who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same User ID and Password given for One Time Registration.
- All candidates have to furnish their correct SSLC Register Number, Month and Year of Passing and Name of the Board, which issued the certificate. Any details found to be wrong, the One Time Registration and Online Application are liable for rejection at any stage.
- Candidate who have more than one SSLC marks sheets, should enter the details available in the Marks sheets issued after final attempt in which he had passed the SSLC Examination.
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. Email ID and Mobile Number, should always be kept in active. TNPSC will send all communications and messages through the registered email ID and Mobile Numbers.
- Though the candidates furnish details / information in the One Time Registration, the details furnished in the recruitment specific application will alone be taken in to account.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied for, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final. However, candidates can modify certain fields till the date specified for applying online. Certain fields are fixed and cannot be edited even before the closing date. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care
as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- The Instructions and Illustration regarding One time Registration is given in the website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
- If they already have user ID and Password, they can key in with them. The available OTR particulars will be displayed on the screen. They have to fill up additional details required for specific recruitment application.
- After submitting details in the application, they can choose any one of the following mode of payment.
a. Net Banking
b. Debit Card / Credit Card
c. Bank Challan
d. Post Office Challan
- If the candidates wish to have immediate fee reconciliation, shall make payment through net banking or Debit Card / Credit Card.
- Payment made through challan would take atleast two working days for reconciliation.
- In case, candidate choose to pay fees through the online payment gateway, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, Do not press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid payment failure or double charge.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed an Application Number will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
- For offline mode of payment, candidates have to select either Post Office or State Bank of India.
- On Submission, system will generate the payment challan which the candidate need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of State Bank of India or Post Office to make the payment.
- Commission reserves the right to change the mode of payment at any time without any intimation.
- Kindly collect the candidate’s copy of the Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that the challan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name and DP Code Number, Deposit Date have been noted in the challan by the Branch authorities.
- Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in post office or in State Bank of India within two days from the date of registration.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up for next stage of selection.
The on-line application can be submitted upto 14.03.2016 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled.
Other Important Instructions :
- Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been fully cleared by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. So, the candidates / applicants should watch TNPSC website since ahead / before the scheduled date of Examinations.
- Facilitation Counter for guidance of candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044-25332833 / 25332855 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m.