Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test ( SET ) Exam 2013 for Lectureship
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Ajmer invites Online Application Form for the Rajasthan State Eligibility Test for Lectureship in following subjects :
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject||Subject Code||Name of the Subject||Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|1||Chemical Science||11||History||21||Political Science|
|2||Commerce||12||Home Science||22||Population Studies*|
|3||Computer Science and Application||13||Law||23||Psychology|
|4||Earth Science||14||Life Science||24||Public Administration|
|9||Geography||19||Physical Education||29||Visual Art|
* The candidates with Master’s Degree in Geography ( with specialization in population studies ) are also eligible to appear in the Subject “Population Studies” ( Code No. 22 ).
RPSC SET Exam Eligibility Conditions 2013
I. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences, Computer Science and Application, Earth Science, Population Studies, Education etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test.
II. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST / PH category candidates ). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
III. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in SET.
IV. Candidates are required to appear in subject of their post – graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET, which is held twice a year.
RPSC SET Exam Certificate Validity 2013
For lectureship eligibility, the SET certificate is valid for that particular State only and forever. Recruitment to the post of lecturer may be made from among the SET qualified candidates by Universities / Colleges / Recruitment Agencies as per their prescribed procedures and Rules & Regulations.
RPSC SET Exam Scheme 2013
1. Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test examination 2013 will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions as under :
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration||Time|
|First||I||100||60 questions out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||1¼ hours||( 09:30 AM to 10:45 AM )|
|First||II||100||50 questions all of which are compulsory||1¼ hours||( 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM )|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all of which are compulsory||2 ½ hours||( 01:30 PM to 04:00 PM )|
Paper – I : shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty ( 60 ) Multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty ( 50 ). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper – II & III : shall consist objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
RPSC SET Exam Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result
1. This will comprise of following steps :
Step I : Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for the eligibility for lectureship. The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III as given below :
|Category||Minimum marks ( % ) to be obtained|
|Paper - I||Paper - II||Paper - III|
|General||40 ( 40% )||40 ( 40% )||75 ( 50% )|
|OBC / SBC ( Non Creamy Layer )||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||67.5 ( 45% ) Rounded off to 68|
|SC / ST / PH||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||60 ( 40% )|
Note : Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in each Paper, separately, as mentioned above, will be considered for final preparation of result.
Step II : Amongst those candidates who have cleared Step I, a merit list will be prepared subject – wise and category – wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III : Top 15% candidates ( for each subject and prescribed category ), from the merit list mentioned above will be declared SET qualified for eligibility for lectureship only.
Note : The above qualifying criteria is as per UGC norms, however the decision of moderation committee will be final.
2. There will be no negative marking.
3. A candidate who does not appear in paper – I, will not be permitted to appear in paper – II and paper – III.
4. For Visually Handicapped ( VH ) candidates thirty minutes extra time shall be provided separately for paper – I and paper – II.
For Paper – III forty five minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. Those Physically Handicapped ( PH ) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand writing can also avail these services by making prior request ( at least one week before the date of SET ) in writing to the centre superintendent. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped candidates.
5. In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Hindi version, the questions in English version shall be taken as final.
RPSC SET Exam Syllabus 2013
The Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test syllabi 2013 for all the papers is that of UGC / CSIR, NET examination. For science subjects viz. Life Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Science, the paper I will be according to syllabi of UGC NET, the Paper II will be from the syllabi of Section ( B )of paper I of CSIR and paper III will be from the syllabi of paper II of CSIR. The syllabi may be obtained from the following websites :
1. RPSC, Ajmer : http://www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
2. UGC ( NET ): www.ugc.ac.in
3. CSIR ( NET ) : www.csirhrdg.res.in
RPSC SET Exam Age Limit 2013 : There is no upper age limit.
RPSC SET Exam Fee and Mode of Payment 2013
a. For OBC / SBC ( Creamy layer ) of Rajasthan state and General Candidates : 750/-
b. For OBC / SBC ( Non – Creamy layer ) of Rajasthan state Candidates : 450/-
c. For SC / ST of Rajasthan state and All the PH Candidates : 300/-
Note : For Form filling process and other guidelines on category, see instruction for candidates ( Date 1.1.13 ) issued on RPSC website. The Reservation rules will be applied as per UGC provisions only.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 15.11.2013
Scheduled Date of RPSC SET Examination 2013 : It will be declared later on.
RPSC SET Exam Centres 2013
Rajasthan PSC State Eligibility Test 2013 will be held on following centers. The candidate can select anyone out of them :
Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota & Udaipur.
1. Rajasthan Public Service Commission has the right to allot any center other than the selected centre without assigning reason. Admission Card alongwith Attendance Sheet will be uploaded on Rajasthan Public Service Commission’s website before exam and candidate may appear in exam by downloading it. The candidates must affix their recent passport size photograph ( all photographs must be from the same negative ) at the decided place indicated in the application form and should sign across the photograph at the top after it is affixed so that part of the signature spreads over the Application Form beyond the photograph, otherwise it will be rejected. Besides, photograph must be duly attested by the Head of the department or any Gazetted Officer. The candidates should bring any of his additional Photo Identity Cards alongwith Admission Card.
2. The candidate should note in particular that if he / she is allotted the same center for the SET exam. in which he / she is employed, he / she should bring it to the notice of center superintendent and Commission immediately for reallocation.
General Information and Instructions
The candidate should read the Detailed Notification alongwith all relevant guidelines of UGC carefully. The Detailed Notification can be downloaded from www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in. or obtained from the 01.11.2013 edition of the Rajasthan Rojgar Sandesh, Jaipur. For any other guidance / information / clarification regarding State Eligibility Test please contact with Rajasthan Public Service Commission’s special counter or contact on Telephone No. 0145-5151200 and 5151240.
Note : Candidate must give their post graduation subject with specialization ( if any ) in other specification / qualification column in online application form.