Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for District Sports Officer
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : www.ppsc.gov.in
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to 11 posts of District Sports Officer ( Group – A ) in the Department of Sports and Youth Services, Government of Punjab.
Punjab Public Service Commission advertisement is being published as per requisition received from the Department of Sports and Youth Services, Government of Punjab vide their Memo No. 8/53/2010-3SS/PF/50169/1 dated 09/05/2013 and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
1. PPSC District Sports Officer Vacancies and Reservation 2013 :
|Sr.No||Name of Post / Category||No. of Posts|
|District Sports Officer ( Group A )||11|
|2||ESM / LDESM Pb.||01|
|3||Handicapped, Pb. ( Visually Impaired )||01|
|4||Scheduled Castes other, Pb.||01|
|5||Balmiki/Mazhbi Sikh, Pb. ( if available )||02|
|6||Backward Classes, Pb.||01|
The candidates should indicate in the Online Application Form for PPSC District Sports Officer 2013, the reserve category for which they want to be considered. The number of vacancies and reservation of District Sports Officer posts is liable to be altered without any notice.
PPSC District Sports Officer Pay Scale 2013 : 10300 – 34800 + 5000/- Grade Pay.
PPSC District Sports Officer Essential Qualifications 2013 :
i. Should be a graduate of a recognised university.
ii. Diploma in coaching from National Institute of Sports or should have an experience of working for a minimum period of ten years in coaching in any game or in office administration.
iii. Should have played game referred to in (ii) above for the State team in any National Championship.
iv. Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent standard.
Qualification of Punjabi is essential for these posts ( relaxable for Sikh Migrants upto the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall be liable to be terminated ). For this purpose a Matriculation or its equivalent certificate for having passed Punjabi will be necessary.
Important Note :
The candidates must possess the requisite qualification on or before 01.11.2013. ( i.e. The Last date of submission of Online Application Forms. )
4. Age Limit for PPSC District Sports Officer 2013 :
- Candidate should not be below 18 years and above 38 years of age on 1.1.2013.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable upto 43 years for Scheduled Castes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab only.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other categories of women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 48 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
Important Note :
The candidates can only apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission www.ppsc.gov.in
|Last Date for PPSC District Sports Officer Filling Online Application Form : 01.11.2013|
|Last Date for Depositing the PPSC District Sports Officer Application Fees by System Generated Fee Challan : 06.11.2013|
|Last Date of Submitting the Hard Copy of the PPSC District Sports Officer Application Form alongwith a copy of self attested certificates and Challan Form ( PPSC copy only ) : 14.11.2013|