Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Deputy Director ( Sports )
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : www.ppsc.gov.in
1. The Punjab Public Service Commission invites applications from eligible Candidates for recruitment to One Post of Deputy Director Sports for General Category in the Department of Sports and Youth Services, Punjab.
Note : The Punjab Public Service Commission recruitment 2013 advertisement was published as per requisition received from the Government vide their letter No. 8/53/2010–4 SS/1211 dated 07/9/2011 & letter No. 8/53/2010-4SS/3SS/789 dated 20/6/2012 and was subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently. No application for PPSC recruitment 2013 of eligible candidate was received so Deputy Director ( Sports ) post is being re-advertised.
2. Pay Scale for PPSC Deputy Director ( Sports ) 2013 : 10300-34800 + Grade Pay 5400
3. PPSC Deputy Director Essential Qualifications 2013
- Should be Graduate of a recognized University.
- Should be qualified coach from the National Institute of Sports.
- Must have participated in Olympic Games or have won a medal in the Asian or Common Wealth Games, and
- Should have an experience of working for a minimum period of fifteen years in office / administration or coaching in a particular game.
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent standard.
4. Age Limit for PPSC Deputy Director 2013 : 18-38 years of age on 01-01-2013.
- Candidate should not be below 18 years and above 38 years of age on the 01.01.2013.
- Upper age limit for PPSC Deputy Director ( Sports ) is relaxed up to 48 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable upto 43 years for Scheduled Castes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab only.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding PPSC age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 43 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 48 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
5. Submission of Application Form for PPSC Deputy Director ( Sports ) 2013 :
Candidates are required to download the PPSC 2013 application form along with detailed instructions for filling up the Application Form from the Punjab Public Service Commission’s website www.ppsc.gov.in w.e.f. 02nd March, 2013 and submit to the Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Baradari Garden, Patiala. PPSC Deputy Director ( Sports ) 2013 Application Form must reach the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala latest by 5.00 p.m. on or before 22nd March, 2013 alongwith prescribed fee and documents. Responsibility for any postal delay will be that of the candidate.
Application Forms for PPSC 2013 that are wrongly filled or incomplete or received late, or not accompanied by the requisite fee and attested copies of certificates regarding Date of Birth, Degree, Matriculation Certificate, Proof of marks obtained in Punjabi, Experience certificate / other requisite certificates and three identical recent passport size photographs shall be summarily rejected. The Punjab Public Service Commission’s decision in this regard will be final.
6. Application Fee for PPSC Deputy Director ( Sports ) Recruitment 2013
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of 125/- all States and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-Servicemen of Punjab No Fee to be paid.
- All Others ( including Lineal Descendant : 500/- of Ex-servicemen, Punjab ). The candidates entitled to fee concession / exemption must submit with their Application Form, an attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession / exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession / exemption under any circumstances.The fee must be submitted alongwith the Application Form through a crossed Bank Draft, in original, drawn in favour of the Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, and payable at Patiala. The applications received without a valid Bank Draft or with inadequate fee shall be summarily rejected. The fee is non-refundable. Candidates must write their name and address in Block Letters on the back side of the Bank Draft.
Important Note for PPSC Recruitment 2013 :
- Candidate desirous of applying for any Reserve category are required to attach the requisite certificate in the prescribed performa in respect of Scheduled Castes Punjab, Backward Classes Punjab, Ex-servicemen / LDESM Punjab, Physically Handicapped Punjab, Freedom Fighter, Punjab & Sports Person, Punjab along with latest Domicile Certificate of Punjab State.
- The Candidates belonging to Backward Classes are required to attach a declaration alongwith Backward Class certificate that no change occurred in their status and they do not fall in the section of creamy-layer as per Govt. Letter No. 10/9/2009-RC1/62 dated 08-1-2010.
- The bank draft attached to the Application Form on account of fee should not have been issued before the date of PPSC 2013 advertisement.
- Category once claimed will not be allowed to be changed under any circumstances.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications & experience by the last date for the receipt of PPSC 2013 application i.e. 22nd March, 2013.
- The candidates must attach two self addressed duly stamped envelopes ( worth 42/- ) each of 24cm.x 11cm. indicating the name of the post on the top left corner of envelope.
- Prescribed Essential Qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for PPSC interview 2013. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and if it will not be convenient or possible for the Punjab Public Service Commission to interview all the candidates, the PPSC Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of short listing them by order of their academic merit as per their qualification / higher marks Or by holding a screening test.