Punjab Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Director of Factories
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : www.ppsc.gov.in
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to Three Posts of Assistant Director of Factories in the Department of Labour, Government of Punjab.
Note : Punjab PSC Advertisement is being published as per requisition received from the Department of Labour, Government of Punjab vide Letter No. 24/9/2010-4L/161725/1 dated 13/2/2014 and D.O. No. 29/09/10-4L/119 dated 15/5/2014 and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
1. Vacancies and Reservation in Punjab PSC 2014 :
|Sr. No.||Category Code||Name of Post / Category||No. of Posts|
|Assistant Director of Factories||03|
|1||80||S.C. Sports Person, Punjab||01|
|2||85||Backward Classes, Punjab||01|
|3||86 / 87||B.C.ESM / LDESM, Punjab||01|
|Total No. of Posts||03|
* The number of vacancies and reservation of posts is liable to be altered without any notice.
2. Pay Scale for Punjab PSC Assistant Director of Factories 2014 : 15600-39100 + 5400/- Grade Pay.
3. Punjab PSC Assistant Director of Factories Essential Qualifications :
- Should possess a degree in Civil or Mechanical or Chemical or Electrical or Production or Industrial or Metallurgical or Electronics and Communication or Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering from a recognised university or institution; and
- Should have an experience working in a workshop or manufacturing concern of a Government or public sector undertaking, in manufacturing process for a minimum period of two years.
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent standard. ( Relaxable for Sikh Migrants to the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall liable to be terminated )
Important Note : The candidates must possess the requisite qualification mentioned at para 3 (i) and (iii) above on or before 25.08.2014. ( i.e. The Last date of Submission of Application Forms. ) During various stages of selection process, the candidature of the candidate shall be ‘purely provisional’ subject to his / her fulfilling the eligibility criteria and verification of documents by the Commission.
4. Punjab PSC Assistant Director of Factories Age Limit 2014 :
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 38 years of age as on 01.01.2014.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed upto 43 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 48 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
5. Punjab PSC Examination Fee 2014 : The candidates are required to pay the examination fee as per Govt. Letter No. 10/20/2007-3PP3/97751/1 dated 17-9-2013 as mentioned below :
|Name of Category||Examination Fee|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||625/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||No Fee to be paid|
|All Others Categories ( including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab )||2500/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab.||1250/-|
5.1 The candidates entitled to fee concession / exemption must submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession / exemption. Candidates who do not submit such certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession / exemption under any circumstances.
5.2 Examination fee must be submitted alongwith the Application Form through a Bank Draft, in Original, drawn in favour of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission and Payable at Patiala. The Application received without a valid Bank Draft or with inadequate fee shall be summarily rejected. The examination fee is non-refundable. Candidates must write their name and address in Block Letters on the backside of the Bank Draft.
6. Punjab PSC Competitive Examination 2014 : The Punjab Public Service Commission shall hold a Competitive Examination, details of which shall be hosted on the PPSC Commission’s website shortly.
Important Note : Last date of receipt of Application Form 25.8.2014. The applicants can also see the detailed information on Commission’s website : www.ppsc.gov.in