Punjab PSC Recruitment 2015 for Principal
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : http://ppsc.gov.in
1.1 The Punjab Public Service Commission ( PPSC ) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
1.2 The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the One posts of Principal Government Arts and Crafts Teachers Training Institute in the Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Govt. of Punjab.
This Advertisement is being published as per requisition received from the Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Government of Punjab vide their Letter No. 1/62/2010-1TE1/2132 dated 28/11/2011 and No. 1/62/2010-1TE1/215982 dated 09/5/2014 and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
2. PPSC Principal Vacancies 2015
2.1 The number of vacancies to be filled for the Posts of PPSC Principal, Government Arts and Crafts Teachers Training Institute is given in the table below :
|Sr. No.||Category Code||Name of Post / Category||No. of Posts|
Note : The number of posts is liable to alteration without any notice.
2.2 The candidates should indicate in the Application Form, the category for which they want to be considered. Category once filled would not be changed under any circumstances.
3.0 PPSC Principal Pay Scale 2015 : 10300 – 34800 + 5000/- Grade Pay.
Note : Regarding drawing the pay of the appointed candidate, as per Notifications No. 7/2004/2012-4FP1/66, Dated 15/01/2015 of Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance ( Finance Personnel – I Branch ) Chandigarh, fixed emolument equal to Minimum of the Pay Band without any Grade Pay or any allowance will be paid during the probation period of 2 years. It is also clear that Annual increment or any other allowance except travelling allowance will not be paid during the probation period of 2 years.
4.0 PPSC Principal Essential Qualifications 2015
4.1 Should have degree of Master of Fine Arts. Or
4.2 i. Should have Five Years’ Diploma in Drawing and Painting or Commercial Arts from a Government recognized institute; and
ii. Two years teaching or Professional Experience in a Government recognized institution.
4.3 Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
Note Related to Para 4.3 : Relaxable for Sikh Migrants to the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall liable to be terminated.
5.0 Age Limit for PPSC Principal 2015 :
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2015.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed upto 45 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed upto 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
6.0 PPSC Principal Competitive Examination 2015 :
The details of PPSC Principal Competitive examination are as follows :
6.1 This is for information of the candidates who have applied for the posts of Principal Government Arts and Crafts Teachers Training Institute in the Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Government of Punjab. That a competitive exam for recruitment to these posts shall be conducted. The date and time of competitive exam will be uploaded on the website shortly.
6.2 The scheme of the PPSC Principal examination process shall be as under :
Competitive Exam ( Objective Type ) – 300 Marks
Interview – 40 Marks
Grand Total – 340 Marks
6.3 The PPSC Principal examination centre(s) shall be in Patiala and information of the same shall be mentioned on Admit Cards of all candidates. Details regarding the Admit cards shall be given shortly on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission.
6.4 All candidates who have applied for ibid posts have been declared “provisionally eligible” for appearing in the competitive exam.
6.5 The scrutiny of application forms shall be done after the conduct of exam. During the process of scrutiny, the application forms and other relevant documents, certificates, etc of the candidates shall be examined to determine their eligibility as on the last date of submission of online application forms.
6.6 Thereafter, candidates not more than three times the number of posts ( in their order of merit ) shall be short-listed for appearing in the interview. However, this number shall be subject to variation if two or more candidates at the last number ( the number at the end ) get equal marks, then all of them shall be considered for appearing in the interview ( subject to eligibility ), warranting the corresponding increase in the stipulated ratio.
6.7 The salient features of the written competitive exam shall be as follows :
- The exam will consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The standard of questions would be to test the knowledge and general awareness as is expected of a person who has attained education at least up to graduation level.
- The duration of exam will be two hours.
- All questions will carry equal marks ( three marks each ).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 40 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the grand total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Competitive Examination and Viva-Voce.
6.8 Competitive Exam Syllabus Principal, Government Arts and Crafts Teachers Training Institute.
A. Indian Art
- Indus Valley Civilization : Sculptures, seals and terracotta pieces
- Indian Paintings :
i. Mural : Ajanta and Bagh caves
ii. Miniature Paintings :
Early palm Leaf manuscript paintings : Jain and Pala
Mughal : paintings made during reign of Akbar and Jahangir
Rajasthani : Kota, Bundi, Kishangarh
Pahari : Kangra, Guler, Basholi
iii. Bengal school and its artists, Company School of painting.
iv. Individual Artists : Raja Ravi Verma, Rabindranath Tagore, Amrita Shergil, Jamini Roy, M.F. Hussain and contemporary artists.
- Indian sculptures of historical periods : Maurya, Kushan, Gupta, Rashtrakuta, Pallav and Chalukya.
B. Western Art
1. European History :
High Renaissance : Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael
Mannerism : Tintoretto, El Greco
Baroque : Rembrandt, Rubens, Velazquez, Vermeer
Rococo : Fragonard, Boucher, Watteau
Neo Classicism : David, Ingres
Romanticism : Turner, Constable, Blake
Realism : Corot, Courbet
2. Modern Movements :
Impressionism : Edgar Degas, Edouard Manet, Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro
Post impressionism : Cezanne, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Seurat
Cubism : Picasso, Braque
Fauvism : Matisse, Derain, Rousseau
Expressionism : Munch, Kandinsky, Franz Marc Futurism, Abstract Art.
C. Aesthetics :
Elements of Art,
Principles of Art,
Six Limbs of Indian Art,
Theory of Beauty – Indian and western view,
Rasa and Bhava,
Relationship between Art and Society, Art and Religion, Art and Nature
A candidate shall be a :
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January. 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
8.0 Submission of PPSC Principal Application Form 2015 :
8.1 The candidates can only apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission http://ppsc.gov.in No other mode of application will be accepted.
|To make new registration for applying for the post.||( Step - 1 )||19.10.2015 By 11:59:00 PM|
|To deposit the application fees by system generated bank challan form.||( Step - 2 )||23.10.2015 [ During Banking
|To take print of duly filled online application form ( after depositing the application fees ) and to submit the hard copy of duly filled online application form alongwith copy of self attested certificates and challan form ( PPSC copy only )||( Step - 3 )||30.10.2015 By 05:00:00 PM|
8.2 The printout of the duly filled Online Application Form alongwith copy of Bank Challan and relevant documents must reach the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission at the Latest by 5:00 pm before or by 30.10.2015
9.0 PPSC Principal Application and Examination Fee 2015
9.1 The candidates are required to pay the Application fee as per Govt. Letter No. 10/20/2007 – 3PP3/97751/1 dated 17-9-2013 as mentioned below :
|Name of Category||Online Application Charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||500/-||625/-||1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||500/-||No fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories ( including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab )||500/-||2500/-||3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||500/-||1250/-||1750/-|
9.2 The candidates entitled to fee concession / exemption must submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession / exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession / exemption under any circumstances.
9.3 PPSC Principal application fee must be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of Patiala only. Candidate should carefully fill the details in the Online Application Form and click on the “submit” button at the end of the Online Application Format. Before pressing the “submit” button, candidates are advised to verify every detail filled in the application. After submitting the PPSC online application form, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No Change / Edit will be allowed after downloading the Bank Challan. The application fee is non-refundable.
10. Important Notes :
- Only Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen / LDESM, Physically Handicapped, Freedom Fighter & Sports Persons of Punjab domicile are eligible for the benefit of reservation.
- A candidate should indicate the specific category for which he / she wants to be considered and category once opted cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- SC / ST candidates belonging to other States are required to fill their Post Category as General Category ( Code 71 ). They are entitled only to fee concession but not entitled to avail reservation / age relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen / Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen ( LDESM ) who have domicile of Punjab are eligible for reservation under the Ex-Servicemen category. LDESM shall be considered against the vacancies for Ex-servicemen only if no Ex-servicemen are available. In case sufficient numbers of Ex-servicemen are available, then LDESM shall be treated as General Category candidates.
11. Candidates should select their categories carefully, because candidates belonging to categories other than category 71 ( General ), are entitled to fee concession / exemption, age relaxation and job reservation. The category once selected by a candidate will not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates shall submit certificates issued by the Competent Authority in support of their claim to a particular category.
Categories and Category Code
|Code No.||Category Name||Code No.||Category Name||Code No.||Category Name|
|71||General Category||77||SC Others, Punjab||83||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh LDESM, Punjab|
|72||ESM, Punjab||78||SC ESM, Punjab||84||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Sports Person, Punjab|
|73||LDESM, Punjab||79||SC LDESM, Punjab||85||BC, Punjab|
|74||Wards of Freedom Fighter, Punjab||80||SC Sports Person, Punjab||86||BC ESM, Punjab|
|75||Sports Person, Punjab||81||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh, Punjab||87||BC LDESM, Punjab|
|76||Physically Handicapped, Punjab :|
A : Visually Impaired
B : Hearing Impaired
C : Orthopaedically Disabled
|82||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh ESM, Punjab|
Code for Age Relaxation ( If claimed )
|Code No||Category Name||Code No||Category Name||Code No||Category Name||Code No||Category Name|
|91||State Government / Central Government Employees||95||B.C., Punjab Only||99||SC Punjab only + ESM, Punjab.||103||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.|
|92||SC Punjab only||96||ESM, Punjab Only||100||SC Punjab only + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.||104||B.C., Punjab + State Government / Central Government Employees.|
|93||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab Only||97||Physically Handicapped, Punjab Only||101||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + State Government / Central Government Employees.||105||B.C., Punjab. + ESM, Punjab|
|94||Widows & certain other categories of women of Punjab.||98||SC Punjab only + State Government / Central Government Employees.||102||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + ESM, Punjab.||106||B.C., Punjab. + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.|