Punjab PSC Recruitment 2015 for Legal Assistant – PPSC Legal Assistant Exam Fee
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : www.ppsc.gov.in
Punjab PSC General Information for the candidates for the posts of Legal Assistant.
1. Introduction :
1.1 The Punjab Public Service Commission ( PPSC ) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials for Group “B”.
1.2 The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible Candidates for recruitment to the One Posts of Legal Assistant in the office of Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala.
2. Punjab PSC Vacancies 2015 :
2.1 The number of Punjab PSC vacancies to be filled for the Posts of Legal Assistant is given in the table below :
|Sr. No.||Category Code||Name of the post||No. of Post|
|1.||71 ( General )||Legal Assistant||01|
3. Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Pay Scale 2015 : 10300 – 34800 + 4200/- Grade Pay.
Regarding drawing the pay of the appointed candidate, as per Notifications No. 7/204/2012-4FP1/66, Dated 15/01/2015 Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance ( Finance Personnel – I Branch ) Chandigarh, fixed emolument equal to Minimum of the Pay Band without any Grade Pay or any allowance will be paid during the probation period of 2 years. It is also clear that Annual increment or any other allowance except travelling allowance will not be paid during the probation period of 2 years.
4. Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Essential Qualifications 2015 : ( As per Punjab Public Service Commission ( Group – B ) Rules, 2012 ).
- Should be Law Graduate with second division from a recognized university or institutions; and
- Should have practiced at the bar for a minimum period of three years; or
Should have three years experience as Legal Assistant in any reputed firm or institution.
- Punjabi of Matriculation or its equivalent Standard.
( Relaxable for Sikh Migrants to the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall liable to be terminated ).
5. Age Limit for Punjab PSC Legal Assistant 2015 :
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2015.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed upto 45 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed upto 45 years for Scheduled Castes of all states and Backward Classes of Punjab only.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
6. Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Competitive Examination 2015 : The details of Competitive examination are as follows :
6.1 This is for information of the candidates who have applied for the posts of Legal Assistant in the office of Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala that a competitive exam for Page 2 of 8 recruitment to this post shall be conducted. The date and time of competitive exam will be uploaded on the website shortly.
6.2 The scheme of the examination process shall be as under :
- Competitive Exam ( Objective Type ) – 300 Marks.
- Interview – 40 Marks.
- Grand Total – 340 Marks.
The Competitive Examination shall consist of Multiple Choice Objective type question ( which can be scrutinized by computer ) :
|Syllabus||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|i) Criminal Procedure code|
(ii) Indian Penal code
(iii) Indian Evidence Act
(iv) Civil Procedure Code
(v) Constitutional Law
6.3 The examination centre(s) shall be in Patiala and information of the same shall be mentioned on Admit Cards of all candidates. Details regarding the Admit cards shall be given shortly on the website of the Commission.
6.4 All candidates who apply for ibid post would be declared “provisionally eligible” for appearing in the competitive exam.
6.5 The scrutiny of application forms shall be done after the conduct of exam. During the process of scrutiny, the application forms and other relevant documents, certificates, etc of the candidates shall be examined to determine their eligibility as on the last date of submission of online application forms.
6.6 Thereafter, candidates not more than three times the number of posts ( in their order of merit ) shall be short-listed for appearing in the interview. However, this number shall be subject to variation if two or more candidates at the last number ( the number at the end ) get equal marks, then all of them shall be considered for appearing in the interview ( subject to eligibility ), warranting the corresponding increase in the stipulated ratio.
6.7 The salient features of the written competitive exam shall be as follows :
- The exam will consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The duration of exam will be two hours.
- All questions will carry equal marks ( three marks each ).
- There will be no negative marking.
7. Viva Voce ( Interview ) :
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 40 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the grand Total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Competitive Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- The Viva-Voce shall relate to matters of general interest / current affairs and the professional aspects pertaining to the post applied for. It is intended to test the candidate’s professional competence, alertness, intelligence and general outlook. It shall be conducted in English.
8. Nationality : A candidate shall be a :
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January. 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India; Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
9. Submission of Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Applications Form 2015 :
9.1 The candidates can only apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.
|To make new registration for applying for the post.||( Step - 1 )||27.5.2015 by 11:59:00 PM.|
|To deposit the Application fees by system generated Bank Challan Form.||( Step - 2 )||03.6.2015 [ During Banking Hours ].|
|To take print of duly filled Online Application Form ( after depositing the Application Fees ) and to submit the Hard Copy of duly filled Online Application Form alongwith copy of self attested certificates and Challan Form ( PPSC Copy only ).||( Step - 3 )||10.6.2015 by 05:00:00 PM.|
9.2 The printout of the duly filled Online Application Form alongwith copy of Bank Challan and relevant documents must reach the office of the following address :
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
At the Latest by 5.00 pm before or by 10.06.2015.
9.3 The list of self attested certificates that shall be submitted by candidates alongwith the print out of Online Application Form is as follows :
- Proof of Date of Birth : Certificate of Matriculation / Higher Secondary.
- Proof of having passed Punjabi Language.
- Relevant Degree and DMC Certificate.
- Reserved Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority ( If Applicable ).
- If ESM, certificates / documents mentioning the following :
- Date of Enrollment.
- Date of Release / Discharge.
- Reason of Release / Discharge.
- Certificate as proof of age relaxation claim ( If Applicable ).
- Certificate as proof of fee concession ( If Applicable ).
- Proof of being Govt. Employee.
- Copy of Bank Challan ( PPSC Copy Only ).
8.4 The candidates shall sign the declaration on Page No. 2 of the print out of Online Application Form before submitting the same.