PPSC Recruitment 2016 for Homoeopathic Medical Officer
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible Candidates for Recruitment to Forty Eight Posts of Homoeopathic Medical Officer in the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab.
Note : This Advertisement is being published as per requisition received vide their letter No.2/2/16-2H7/751633/1 dated 12/5/2016, letter No. 2/2/16-1H7/790178/1 dated 05/7/2016, and letter No. 2/2/16-2H7/833813/1 dated 06/9/2016, from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
1. Punjab PSC Homoeopathic Medical Officer Vacancies and Reservation :
|Sr.No.||Category Code||Name of Category||No. of Posts|
|Homoeopathic Medical Officer 48|
|3||74||Freedom Fighter, Punjab||01|
|4||75||Sports Person, Punjab||01|
|5||76||Physically Handicapped, Punjab|
Visually Impaired-76-A (1)
Orthopedically Disabled-C (1)
|6 ||77||S.C. Others, Punjab||07|
|8||81||Balmiki/ Mazhbi Sikh, Pb.||07|
|9||82/83||Balmiki Mazhabi Sikh ESM/LDESM Pb.||02|
|10||84||Balmiki/ Mazhbi Sikh Sports Person, Pb.||01|
|11||85||Backward Class, Punjab||07|
|12||86/87||B.C. ESM/LDESM, Punjab||02|
*The number of vacancies and reservation of posts is liable to alteration without any notice.
2. Pay Scale for Punjab PSC Homoeopathic Medical Officer Job 2016 : 10300-34800 + 5400/- Grade Pay.
Regarding drawing the pay of the appointed candidate, as per Notification No. 7/204/2012-4FP1/66, Dated 15/01/2015 Government of Punjab Department of Finance (Finance Personnel-Branch)Chandigarh and Notification No.1/62016-4P.P.1/834680/1 dated 07/09/2016 Government of Punjab Department of Personnel (Personnel Policies-1 Branch) Chandigarh, fixed emolument equal to Minimum of the Pay Band without any Grade Pay or any allowance will be paid during the probation period of three years. It is also clear that Annual increment or any other allowance except travelling allowance will not be paid during the probation period of three years.
3. Punjab PSC Essential Qualifications :
- Should possess a Degree in Homoeopathy from any of the institutions mentioned in the Second Schedule and third Schedule of the Homoeopathic Central Council Act, 1973 (Central Act 59 of 1973;and
- Should have been enrolled on a State Register or the Central Register of Homoeopathy.
- Punjabi of Matriculation or its equivalent standard.
Note : Relaxable for Sikh Migrants upto the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall liable to be terminated.
4. Punjab PSC Homoeopathic Medical Officer Job Age Limit :
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 1st January, 2017
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for all States/Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed upto 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
5. Punjab PSC Homoeopathic Medical Officer Competitive Examination 2016 :
The details of PPSC Competitive examination are as follows :
- This is for information of the candidates who have applied for the posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer in the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab that a competitive exam for recruitment to these posts shall be conducted. The date and time of competitive exam will be uploaded on the website shortly.
- The scheme of PPSC examination process shall be as under :
- Competitive Exam (Objective Type) – 300 Marks
- Interview – 40 Marks
- Grand Total – 340 Marks
- The exam will consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The duration of exam will be two hours.
- All questions will carry equal marks (three marks each).
- There will be no negative marking.
6. Syllabus of PPSC Homoeopathic Medical Officer Competitive Examination BHMS Level
- Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy
- Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Practice of Medicine
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Community Medicine
7. Viva Voce (Interview)
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 40 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the grand Total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the written Competitive Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- The Viva-Voce shall relate to matters of general interest/current affairs and the professional aspects pertaining to the post applied for. It is intended to test the candidate’s professional competence, alertness, intelligence and general outlook. It shall be conducted in English.
8. Nationality :
A candidate shall be a :
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
9. Submission of Punjab PSC Applications Form :
1. The candidates can Only apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of Pubjab Public Service Commission http://ppsc.gov.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.
1. Last date for filling Punjab PSC Online Application Form : 17th January, 2017
2. Last date for depositing Online Application Fee : 24th January, 2017
3. Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of Application Form alongwith relevant documents : 31st January, 2017
(It may be noted that the Last date of submitting Online Application Form is 17th January, 2017. The last date of submission of Print out of the Online Application Form is 31st January, 2017 One week extra time is given only to cater for the travel time of post/postal delay if any.)
2. The Printout of the Duly Filled Online Application Form alongwith Copy of Bank Challan and Relevant Documents must Reach (By Speed Post/By Hand) in the Office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Baradari Gardens, Patiala-147001 at the Latest by 5.00 P.M. Before or by 31st January, 2017.
10. Application and Punjab PSC Examination Fee :
1. The candidates are required to pay the Application fee as per Government Letter No.10/20/2007-3PP3/97751/1 dated 17-9-2013 as mentioned below :
|Name of Category||Online Application Charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||500/-||625/-||1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||500/-||No Fee to be Paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab)||500/-||2500/-||3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||500/-||1250/-||1750/-|
2. The candidates entitled to fee concession MUST submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession/exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession/exemption under any circumstances.
Application fee MUST be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of Patiala only. Candidate should carefully fill the details in Punjab PSC Online Application Form and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application Format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” Button, candidates are advised to verify every detail filled in the application. After submitting the online application form, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated Bank challan. No Change/Edit will be allowed after Submitting the Application Form. The application fee is non-refundable.