Punjab PSC Recruitment 2015 for Ayurvedic Medical Officer – PPSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Exam Fee
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
Website : www.ppsc.gov.in
Punjab PSC General Information for the candidates for the posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer.
1. Introduction :
1.1 The Punjab Public Service Commission ( PPSC ) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
1.2 The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible Candidates for recruitment to the Sixty Six Posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer in the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab.
Note : This Advertisement is being published as per requisition received vide their letter No. 3/46/09-2H7 ( Part File ) 2645 dated 29/8/2014 from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
2. Punjab PSC Vacancies 2015 :
2.1 The number of Punjab PSC vacancies to be filled for the Posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer is given in the table below :
|Sr. No.||Category Code||Name of Category||No. of Posts|
|Ayurvedic Medical Officer – 66|
|2.||72 / 73||ESM / LDESM, Punjab||04|
|3.||74||Freedom Fighter, Punjab||01|
|4.||75||Sports Person, Punjab||01|
|5.||76||Physically Handicapped, Punjab Visually Impaired - 76 - A.||01|
|6.||77||S.C. Others, Punjab||06|
|7.||78 / 79||S.C. ESM / LDESM, Punjab||01|
|8.||81||Balmiki / Mazbhi Sikh, Punjab||06|
|9.||82 / 83||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh ESM / LDESM, Punjab||02|
|10.||84||Balmiki / Mazbhi Sikh, Sport person, Punjab||01|
|11.||85||Backward Class, Punjab||08|
|12.||86 / 87||B.C. ESM / LDESM, Punjab||01|
*Note : The number of posts is liable to alteration without any notice.
2.2 The Candidates should indicate in the Application Form, the category for which they want to be considered. Category once filled would not be changed under any circumstances.
3. Punjab PSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Pay Scale 2015 : 10300 – 34800 + 5400/- Grade Pay.
Regarding drawing the pay of the appointed candidate, as per Notification No. 7/204/2012-4FP1/66, Dated 15/01/2015 Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance ( Finance Personnel – I Branch ) Chandigarh, fixed emolument equal to Minimum of the Pay Band without any Grade Pay or any allowance will be paid during the probation period of 2 years. It is also clear that Annual increment or any other allowance except travelling allowance will not be paid during the probation period of 2 years.
4. Punjab PSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Essential Qualifications 2015 :
- Should possess a degree of BAMS ( Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery ) or its equivalent degree from a recognized University or other teaching institution recognized by CCIM.
- Punjabi upto Matric standard and above.
Note related to para 4.2 : Relaxable for Sikh Migrants upto the extent that they will have to acquire such qualification within two years after joining the service failing which their services shall liable to be terminated.
5. Age Limit for Punjab PSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer 2015 :
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2015.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed upto 45 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed upto 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
6. Punjab PSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Competitive Examination 2015 : The details of Competitive examination are as follows :
6.1 This is for information of the candidates who have applied for the posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer in the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab that a competitive exam for recruitment to these posts shall be conducted. The date and time of competitive exam will be uploaded on the website shortly.
6.2 The scheme of the examination process shall be as under :
- Competitive Exam ( Objective Type ) – 300 Marks.
- Interview – 40 Marks.
- Grand Total – 340 Marks.
6.3 The examination centre(s) shall be in Patiala and information of the same shall be mentioned on Admit Cards of all candidates. Details regarding the Admit cards shall be given shortly on the website of the Commission.
6.4 All candidates who apply for ibid post would be declared “provisionally eligible” for appearing in the competitive exam.
6.5 The scrutiny of application forms shall be done after the conduct of exam. During the process of scrutiny, the application forms and other relevant documents, certificates, etc of the candidates shall be examined to determine their eligibility as on the last date of submission of online application forms.
6.6 Thereafter, candidates not more than three times the number of posts ( in their order of merit ) shall be short-listed for appearing in the interview. However, this number shall be subject to variation if two or more candidates at the last number ( the number at the end ) get equal marks, then all of them shall be considered for appearing in the interview ( subject to eligibility ), warranting the corresponding increase in the stipulated ratio.
6.7 The salient features of the written competitive exam shall be as follows :
- The exam will consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The duration of exam will be two hours.
- All questions will carry equal marks ( three marks each ).
- There will be no negative marking.
6.8 Syllabus of Ayurvedic Medical Officer Competitive Examination :
- Kriya shareeram ( physiology ).
- Charaka Samhita.
- Kaumarabritya ( pediatrics ).
- Dravyaguna Vijnanam ( Ayurvedic Pharmacology ).
- Shaky Tantram ( EN, Dentistry, Ophthalmology ).
- Kayachikitsa ( General Medicine ).
- Prasuthi Tanthra and Stri Roga ( Gynecology and Obstetrics ).
- Rachana Shareeram ( Anatomy ).
- Roga Vijnanam and Vikriti Vijanam ( Principles of Diagnosis and Pathology ).
- Padartha vijnanam ( Indian Epistemology and World View ) Sanskrit.
- Rasashastra and Bhaishajyakalpana ( Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacy ).
- Ayurveda itihasa ( History of Ayurveda ).
- Shalya Tantram ( Surgery ).
- Swastha Vrittam ( Social and Preventative Medicine ).
7. Viva Voce ( Interview ) :
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 40 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the grand Total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the written Competitive Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- The Viva-Voce shall relate to matters of general interest / current affairs and the professional aspects pertaining to the post applied for. It is intended to test the candidate’s professional competence, alertness, intelligence and general outlook. It shall be conducted in English.
8. Nationality : A candidate shall be a :
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January. 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India; Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
9. Submission of Punjab PSC Ayurvedic Medical Officer Applications Form 2015 :
9.1 The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.
|To make new registration for applying for the post.||( Step - 1 )||27.05.2015 by 11:59:00 PM.|
|To deposit the Application fees by system generated Bank Challan Form.||( Step - 2 )||03.06.2015 [ During Banking Hours ].|
|To take print of duly filled Online Application Form ( after depositing the Application Fees ) and to submit the Hard Copy of duly filled Online Application Form alongwith copy of self attested certificates and Challan Form ( PPSC Copy only ).||( Step - 3 )||10.06.2015 by 05:00:00 PM.|
9.2 The printout of the duly filled Online Application Form alongwith copy of Bank Challan and relevant documents must reach the office of the following address :
Punjab Public Service Commission,
Patiala – 147 001.
At the Latest by 5.00 pm before or by 10.06.2015.
9.3 The list of self attested certificates that shall be submitted by candidates alongwith the print out of Online Application Form is as follows :
- Proof of Date of Birth : Certificate of Matriculation / Higher Secondary.
- Proof of having passed Punjabi Language.
- Relevant Degree and DMC Certificate.
- Reserved Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority ( If Applicable ).
- If ESM, certificates / documents mentioning the following :
- Date of Enrollment.
- Date of Release / Discharge.
- Reason of Release / Discharge.
- Certificate as proof of age relaxation claim ( If Applicable ).
- Certificate as proof of fee concession ( If Applicable ).
- Proof of being Govt. Employee.
- Copy of Bank Challan ( PPSC Copy Only ).
9.4 The candidates shall sign the declaration on Page No. 2 of the print out of Online Application Form before submitting the same.