Punjab PSC Recruitment 2015 Application Fee for Legal Assistant – PPSC Legal Assistant Jobs
10. Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Application and Examination Fee 2015 :
10.1 The candidates are required to pay the Application fee as per Govt. Letter No. 10/20/2007 – 3PP3/97751/1 dated 17.9.2013 as mentioned below :
|Category for Application fee||Online Application charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab.||500/-.||625/-.||1125/-.|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab.||500/-.||No Fee to be paid.||500/-.|
|All Others Categories ( including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab ) .||500/-.||2500/-.||3000/-.|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab.||500/-.||1250/-.||1750/-.|
10.2 The candidates entitled to fee concession / exemption must submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession / exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession / exemption under any circumstances.
10.3 Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Application fee must be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of Patiala only. Candidate should carefully fill the details in the Online Application Form and click on the “Submit” button at the end of the Online Application Format. Before pressing the “Submit” Button, candidates are advised to verify every detail filled in the application. After submitting the online application form, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated Bank challan. No Change / Edit will be allowed after Submitting the Application Form. The application fee is non-refundable.
11. Important Note :
- Only Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen / LDESM, Physically Handicapped, Freedom Fighter & Sports Persons of Punjab domicile are eligible for the benefit of reservation.
- A candidate should indicate the specifi6c category for which he / she wants to be considered and category once opted cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- SC / ST Candidates belonging to other States are required to fill their Post Category as General Category ( Code 71 ). They are entitled only to fee concession but not entitled to avail reservation / age relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen / Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen ( LDESM ) who have domicile of Punjab are eligible for reservation under the Ex-Servicemen category. LDESM shall be considered against the vacancies for Ex-servicemen only if no Ex-servicemen are available. In case sufficient numbers of Ex-servicemen are available, then LDESM shall be treated as General Category candidates.
12. Definition of Categories : Candidates should select their categories carefully, because candidates belonging to categories other than category 71 ( General ), are entitled to fee concession / exemption, age relaxation and job reservation. The category once selected by a candidate will not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates shall submit certificates issued by the Competent Authority in support of their claim to a particular category.
Categories and Category Code :
|Code No.||Category Name||Code No.||Category Name|
|71||General||79||SC LDESM, Punjab|
|72||ESM, Punjab||80||SC Sports Person, Punjab|
|73||LDESM, Punjab||81||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh, Punjab|
|74||Freedom Fighter, Punjab||82||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh ESM, Punjab|
|75||Sports Person, Punjab||83||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh LDESM, Punjab|
|76||Physically Handicapped, Punjab :|
A : Visually Impaired.
B : Hearing Impaired.
C : Orthopaedically Disabled.
|84||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Sports Person, Punjab|
|77||SC Others, Punjab||85||BC, Punjab|
|78||SC ESM, Punjab||86||BC ESM, Punjab|
|87||BC LDESM, Punjab|
Code for Age Relaxation ( If claimed ) :
|Code No.||Category Name||Code No.||Category Name|
|91||State Government / Central Government Employees.||99||SC Punjab only + ESM, Punjab.|
|92||SC Punjab only.||100||SC Punjab only + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.|
|93||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab Only.||101||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + State Government / Central Government Employees.|
|94||Widows & certain other categories of women of Punjab.||102||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + ESM, Punjab.|
|95||B.C., Punjab Only.||103||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh Punjab only + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.
|96||ESM, Punjab Only.||104||B.C., Punjab. + State Government / Central Government Employees.
|97||Physically Handicapped, Punjab Only.||105||B.C., Punjab + ESM, Punjab.
|98||SC Punjab only + State Government / Central Government Employees.||106||B.C., Punjab. + Physically Handicapped, Punjab.
12.1 Backward Classes ( Punjab ) :
- The candidates desiring to be considered for the Backward Classes category are required to submit a certificate as per Punjab Government letter No.1/41/93.RCI/459 dated 17/1/1994, No.1/41/93RC-1/1597, dated 17-8-2005, No.1/41/93 RCI/209, dated 24.2.2009 and No.1/41/93 RCI/609 dated 24.10.2013 in the Section of prescribed proforma.
- The BC Certificate in proforma other than the prescribed proforma will not be accepted. The candidates belonging to Backward Classes are required to attach a declaration along with Backward Class certificate that no change occurred in their status and they do not fall in the section of creamy-layer as per Govt. letter No. 10/9/2009-RCI/62 Dated 08/1/2010.
The Competent Authorities to issue the necessary certificate are :
- Deputy Commissioner
- Additional Deputy Commissioner
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate ( PCS Officers only ).
12.2 Son / Daughter / Grand Son / Grand Daughter of freedom fighters ( Punjab ) :
- Candidates claiming to be son / grandson / daughter / granddaughter of Freedom Fighters are required to submit a certificate issued by the competent authority ( i.e., Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned ) as per Punjab Government Instructions No.9(13) 3P-II-84/5822 dated 4/4/1985, No.1(135)-8P-II/7/310/20,dated 19.6.91 and No. 4-13-8 P-11-97/10112 dated 22/8/1997.
- Only those Freedom Fighters and their son / daughter / grand-son / grand-daughter are eligible for consideration for reservation under this category who :
- belong to the State of Punjab; and
- have either been granted a Freedom Fighter pension by the Punjab Government or have been awarded Tamra Patra by the Government of India; or
- are otherwise eligible for the grant of Freedom Fighter pension and Tamra Patra but for any reason whatsoever did not apply for Freedom Fighter pension and Tamra Patra but can obtain Freedom Fighter / son / daughter / grand-son / grand-daughter of Freedom Fighter certificate from the General Administration ( Political wing ) of the Punjab Government.
12.3 Ex-Servicemen ( Punjab ) :
- “Ex-serviceman” means a person who has served in any rank, whether as a combatant or a non combatant, in the Naval, Military and Air Force of the Union of India ( here-inafter referred to as the Armed forces of the Union of India ), and who has :
- retired or released from such service at his or her own request after earning his or her pension; or
- been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- been released otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity;
- “but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces, but includes personnel of the Lok Sahayak Sena of the following categories namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service.
- Persons with disability attributable to military service; and
- Gallantry award winners.
- Ex-servicemen should be of Punjab domicile and they should submit a Punjab Resident Certificate from the competent authority, failing which would result in cancellation of their candidature.
Explanation : The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of “Ex-servicemen”, may be permitted to apply for reemployment one year before the completion of specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
12.4 Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen ( Punjab ) :
- Where an Ex-serviceman is not available for recruitment against a reserved category, such a vacancy shall be reserved to be filled in by recruitment of either the wife or one descendent child of an Ex-serviceman.
- As per Punjab Government notification No. GSR9/Const./Art309, 234 and 318/Amd(5)/2003 dated 06/11/2002 and letter No. 1/28/92-3ET/2805 dated 14/05/2003 and;
- “Lineal Descendent” means sons / daughters ( married / un-married / widowed legally divorced ) of the re-employed / unemployed Ex-Serviceman.
- “Wife” shall include the widow of an Ex-serviceman, provided she has not remarried up to the date of the issue of the appointment letter.”
- In any case, including the case where the Ex-Serviceman has died, his sons / daughters shall be treated as “Lineal descendent” only if a certificate to this effect has been issued by the authority appointed by the Government.
12.5 Sports Person ( Punjab ) : A candidate can claim reservation under the Sports Person category only if :
- He / She belongs to State of Punjab; and
- He / She has won National Championship in team or individual events while representing the State of Punjab in such sports events as have been conducted by such respective National Federations as are affiliated to the Indian Olympic Association; or
- He / She has won National Championship in team or individual events which are organized by the Indian Olympic Association; or
- He / She has won first, second or third position in team or individual events and / or he has won Gold or Silver or Bronze Medal, at International Sports meets, conducted by International Federations affiliated to the International Olympic Committee or by the International Olympic Committee itself.
- If candidate belongs to Sports Person, Punjab Category, an attested copy of Gradation Certificate strictly in accordance with the Punjab Sportsman Rules, 1988 issued by the competent authority should be attached with the application form.
- Director Sports, Punjab is the competent authority to issue Sports Gradation Certificate and any other Sports Certificate issued by any other authority will not be accepted a valid Certificate for claim of reservation under the Sports Person, Punjab Category.
- Applicants claiming reservation under Sports Person, Punjab Category must submit Punjab Resident Certificate from the competent authority, failing which would result in cancellation of their candidature.
12.6 Scheduled Caste, ( Punjab ) / Scheduled Tribes : The competent authorities for issuing Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes certificates are :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner ( Not below the rank of Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate );
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate;
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar;
- Sub Divisional Officer (C) of the area where the candidate and or his family formally resides;
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer Lakshadweep Islands;
- As per para-3 of Punjab Govt. Instructions No. 1/8/2007-RC-1/815, dated 10th July, 2008, Head of Department or Head of Offices are competent to issue Scheduled Castes Certificates to those applicants whose parents are serving or residing in Chandigarh / Mohali on the basis of their parents service record.
12.7 Widows and certain other categories of Women :
- The definitions as per Government Instructions issued vide letter No. 1/50/83-5PP(1368)/3454 dated 23-4-84 as amended from time to time the widows and certain other categories of women for reservation in employment is as under :
- Women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced;
- Women whose husbands have been ordered by Civil or Criminal Courts to pay maintenance to them;
- Women whose husbands have remarried; and
- Wives of serving military personnel or those who are disabled while in military service.
12.8 Physically Handicapped ( Punjab ) : The definitions as per Government Instructions issued vide letter No. 10/26/95/5-SS/1252,dated 2-5-97 of the handicapped for purposes of reservation in employment is as under :
A) The Blind : The blind are those who suffer from either of the following conditions :
- Total absence of sight.
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( Snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
B) The Deaf : The deaf are those in whom the sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life. They do not hear, understand sounds at all events with amplified speech. The cases included in this category will be those having hearing loss more than 60 decibels in the better ear ( profound impairment ) in the conversational range of frequencies.
C) Orthopaedically Handicapped : The orthopedically handicapped are those who have a physical defect or deformity not less than 40% which causes an interference with the normal functioning of the bones. Competent authorities to issue such certificate as under :
- Principal Medical Officer
- Chief Medical Officer
- Civil Surgeon
- Class – I Medical Officer of any Government Medical Institution.
This certificate should be issued by the competent authorities of the concerned District or place of which the candidate is permanent resident.
Note 1 : For any inquiry candidates may contact the Commission’s Office on telephone number 0175-5014847, 5014826 or by sending email with subject as “Query regarding the post of Legal Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note 2 : Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply using Online Application Form much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on the web server on account of heavy load on Internet / Website.
Note 3 : Candidates are advised to go through the ‘General Information for the candidates’ and ‘Instructions for filling Online Application Form’ carefully before filling up Online Application Form. The Commission will not be responsible for any consequence arising out of in correct filling up of Punjab PSC Legal Assistant Application Form.