Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination – 2014 – 2015.
1.1 The Punjab Public Service Commission invites OMR Application Form from eligible candidates for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination 2014 – 2015 to be conducted jointly by the Punjab Public Service Commission and Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana for recruitment to the One Hundred and Eighteen Posts of Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) Cum Judicial Magistrate.
Note : Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Advertisement is being published as per requisition received from the Department of Home Affairs and Justice, Government of Punjab vide Letter No. 14/36/13/3Judl.1/394444/1 Dated 19/01/2015 and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
2.0 Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Vacancies 2015
- The number of Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) vacancies 2015 to be filled on the basis of Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination – 2014-2015 is given below :
Sr. No. Nomenclature of the Post Number of Posts 1. Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) Cum Judicial Magistrate
- Category Wise Breakup of the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Posts is given below :
Sr. No. Category Code Name of Category No. of Posts Total 118 1 71 General 58 2 72 / 73 ESM / LDESM, Punjab 08 3 74 Freedom Fighter, Punjab 01 4 75 Sports Person, Punjab 03 5 76 Physically Handicapped, Punjab Visually Impaired - 76-A - 02
Hearing Impaired - 76-B - 01
Orthopedically Challenged - 76-C - 01
04 6 77 Scheduled Castes, Punjab 12 7 78 / 79 S.C. ESM / LDESM, Punjab 02 8 80
S.C. Sports Person, Punjab 01 9 81 Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh, Punjab 13 10 82 / 83 Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikhs ESM / LDESM, Punjab 02 11 85 Backward Class, Punjab. 12 12 86 / 87 B.C.ESM / LEDSM, Punjab
- The candidates should indicate in the OMR Application Form, the reserve category for which they want to be considered. The number of vacancies and reservation of posts is liable to be altered without any notice.
3.0 Details of Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination 2015
3.1 The Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination 2015 shall be conducted in three stages :
- Preliminary Examination.
- Main Examination.
- Viva Voce.
3.2 The time schedule for the PCS ( Judicial Branch ) Examination 2014 – 2015 shall be hosted on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission shortly.
3.3 Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination 2015
- The Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination 2015 shall be of objective type questions with multiple choices ( which can be scrutinized by Computer ) as distinguished from the main written examination which shall be subjective / narrative type.
- The question paper for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary examination 2015 shall be of two hours duration, it shall consist of 125 questions and each question shall carry 04 marks. For every question for which a wrong answer has been given by candidate 1/5th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. There will, however, be no negative marking in respect of un-attempted questions.
- The objective type multiple choice questions for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination shall be from the syllabus prescribed for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Written Examination. The candidates shall be expected to have a general and basic overview of the main subjects and also the ability to answer questions on current events of National and International importance, Indian legal and constitutional History and governance. The candidates shall also be tested for their analytical skills and aptitude. The standard of questions shall be of graduate level.
- The object of the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination is to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination unless he / she secures minimum 150 marks ( read 100 marks for all reserved category candidates ) in the Preliminary Examination out of 500 marks. The marks obtained in the PCS ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination shall not be counted towards final result. Candidates equal to 10 times the number of vacancies advertised, selected in order of their merit in the respective categories shall be eligible to sit in the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination. However, this number shall be subject to variation. If two or more candidates at the last number ( the number at the end ) get equal marks, then all of them shall be considered eligible to sit for the Main Examination, warranting the corresponding increase in the stipulated ratio.
- The candidates applying for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination 2015 should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Punjab Public State Service Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and Viva Voce ( Interview / Personality Test ) will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on checking at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and Viva-Voce ( Interview / Personality Test ), it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Recruitment Committee / Commission without notice. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Recruitment Committee / Commission. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his candidature by any means will render him / her liable for disqualification.
- Candidates who are employed should submit hard copy of the OMR Application Form to the office of Punjab Public Service Commission under intimation to their employer at this stage. ( NOC of the employer is required for the Main Examination only ).
- The candidates should note that their admission to the PCS examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the OMR Application Form. This will be subject to checking of all the eligibility conditions by the Punjab Public Service Commission. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Recruitment Committee / Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his application for the Preliminary Examination have been accepted by the Recruitment Committee / Commission as true and correct. The original documents / certificates are required to be produced at the time of interview only.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their OMR Application Form, attendance sheet etc. and in all the correspondence with the Punjab Public Service Commission should be identical and there should not be any variation of any kind. If any variation is found in the signatures appended by him at different places, his candidature will be liable for cancellation by the Recruitment Committee / Commission.
3.4 Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination 2015
- Only those candidates who are declared successful on the basis of the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Preliminary Examination shall be called for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Written Examination.
- Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Main Written Examination shall be of subjective / narrative type of 5 papers, which are as follows :
Paper Syllabus Maximum Marks Paper - I ( Civil Law )
Code of Civil Procedure, Punjab Courts Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Sales of Goods Act, Indian partnership Act, Specific Relief Act, Transfer of Property Act 1882, East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act 1949 and Indian Evidence Act 1872. 200 Paper - II ( Civil Law ) Hindu Law, Mohammedan Law and Customary Law, Law of Registration and Limitation. 200 Paper - III ( Criminal Law ) Indian Penal code, Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Evidence Act. 200 Paper - IV ( English Language ) English Essay ( 1000 - 1100 ) words, Precis, Words and Phrases ( make sentences of the given words and phrases ), Comprehension, Corrections. 200 Paper - V ( Punjabi Language ) Punjabi in Gurmukhi Script. 150
- Each written paper shall be of three hours duration. Papers I to IV shall carry 200 marks each. Paper V shall carry 150 marks out of which 100 marks shall be for essay writing and 50 marks for language and grammar.
- Only bare copies of Legislative Enactments will be supplied.
- The law papers are required to be attempted in English language only.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the language paper Punjabi ( Gurmukhi Script ) shall be 33%. The standard of the language paper Punjabi ( Gurmukhi Script ) will be of Matriculation Examination of the Punjab School Education Board or equivalent thereto.
- No candidate shall be credited with any marks in any paper unless he / she obtains at least 33% in it.
3.5 Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Viva Voce
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 100 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the grand total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- No candidate shall be called for the Viva-Voce unless he obtains at least 50% qualifying marks in the aggregate of all the written papers and qualifies in language paper Punjabi ( Gurmukhi Script ). The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Punjab, Backward Classes of Punjab and Physically Handicapped, Punjab shall be called for the Viva-Voce test if they obtain 45% qualifying marks in the aggregate of all written papers and qualify in Language Paper Punjabi ( Gurmukhi Script ).
- No candidate shall be considered to have qualified unless he / she obtains 50% marks ( read 45% marks for the SC / BC / Physically Handicapped, Pb. category candidates ) in aggregate out of the total marks of the written examination and viva-voce.
- The Viva-Voce shall relate to matters of general interest and is intended to test the candidate’s alertness intelligence and general outlook. It shall be conducted in English.
4.0 Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Pay Scale 2015 : 27,700 – 44,770 or such as may be revised from time to time.