Punjab Civil Service Judicial Branch Examination 2013
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online application forms from eligible candidates for the Punjab Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ) Examination 2013 to be conducted jointly by the Punjab Public Service Commission and Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana for recruitment to the Seventy One Posts of Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) Cum Judicial Magistrate. Punjab PCS Civil Service examination 2013 shall be conducted in three stages namely :
- Preliminary Examination.
- Main Examination
- Viva Voce
Note : Punjab PCS Exam 2013 advertisement is being published as per requisition received from the Department of Home Affairs and Justice, Government of Punjab vide Letter No. 1/74/2012-3 Judl. (1)/541 dated 01/03/2013 and is subject to any modification or amendment that may be made by the Government subsequently.
1. Vacancies & Reservation for Punjab PCS Exam 2013
The number of Punjab Civil Service vacancies and reservation and the breakup is as follows :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post / Category||No. of Posts|
|Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) Cum Judicial Magistrate||71|
|2.||Scheduled Castes, Punjab||04|
|3.||Scheduled Castes, Ex-servicemen/ Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen, Punjab||03 ( Backlog -2 )|
|4.||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikh, Punjab||7 ( Backlog-3 )|
|5.||Balmiki / Mazhbi Sikhs ESM / LDESM, Punjab.||4 ( Backlog-3 )|
|6.||Backward Classes, Punjab||5|
|7.||Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen / Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen, Punjab||3 ( Backlog-2 )|
|8.||Ex-Servicemen / Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen Punjab||10 ( Backlog-7 )|
|9.||Physically Handicapped, Punjab|
|Visually Impaired - 76-A|
Hearing Impaired - 76-B
Orthopaedically Challenged - 76-C
02 [ 05 ( Backlog-4 ) ]
|10.||Freedom Fighter, Punjab||2 ( Backlog-01 )|
|11.||Sports Person, Punjab||5 ( Backlog-4 )|
The candidates should indicate in the Online Application Form for Punjab Civil Service Judicial Branch Exam, the reserve category for which they want to be considered. The number of vacancies and reservation of Punjab PCS Civil Judge Cum Judicial Magistrate posts is liable to be altered without any notice.
2. Pay Scale : 27,700-44,770/- or such as may be revised from time to time.
3. Essential Qualifications for Punjab PCS Judicial Branch Exam 2013 :
- Candidates must possess as on 31/03/2013 a Degree of Bachelor of Laws of any University incorporated by Law in India or a Degree of Bachelor of Laws of Punjab University ( undivided ), The Dacca University, The Tribhuwan University, Nepal, The Sind University or of The Rangoon or Mandalay University in Burma, or should be a Barrister of England or Ireland or member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland. The expression “Degree of Bachelor of Laws” means a degree entitling a candidate to be enrolled as an advocate under the Advocate Act, 1961, and the rules made there under.
- Punjabi upto Matric or its equivalent Standard.
4. Punjab PCS Judicial Branch Exam Age Limit 2013
- Candidate should not be below 21 years and above 37 years of age on the last date of submission of Online Application Forms for Punjab PCS Exam 2013 i.e. 31-03-2013.
- The Punjab PCS Exam 2013 upper age limit for a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab only shall be up to 42 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable upto 47 years for all States / Central Government employees.
- Ex-serviceman Domiciled in Punjab shall be allowed to deduct the period of their service in the Armed Forces of the Union from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, they shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age is also relaxable up to 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other categories of Women.
- Punjab PCS Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped Persons who have domicile of Punjab.
Important Note for Punjab PCS Exam 2013 : The candidates can only apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission www.ppsc.gov.inLast date for filling Punjab PCS 2013 Online Application Form : 31st March, 2013
Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of Application Form for Punjab PCS Exam 2013 alongwith relevant documents : 8th April, 2013.