Odisha Public Service Commission Special Recruitment 2013 for Scientific Officer
Special Recruitment to the post of Scientific Officer ( for S.T. & S.C. candidates only ) in ( Group B ) of Odisha Forensic Science Service Cadre under Home Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
Application Dates for OPSC Scientific Officer Jobs 2013 :
- Online Application form will be available till 18.5.2013, by 11:59 P.M
- Last date for receipt of print out / hard copy of Online application along with copy of specified documents / certificates is 27.5.2013 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Applications are invited online through the proforma application form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 18.4.2013 to 18.5.2013 for Special Recruitment to five posts of Scientific Officer ( for S.T. & S.C. candidates only ) in Group – B of Odisha Forensic Science Service Cadre under Home Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- carrying Grade pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Home Department the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI.No.||Name of the Division||Scheduled Tribe||Scheduled Caste||Total No. of Vacancies|
N.B : Women, physically Handicapped, Ex-Service men, Sports persons and In-service candidates working as laboratory assistant may also apply for the post, if otherwise eligible.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- The posts are permanent but likely to continue. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Scientific Officer 2013 : A candidate must be under 32 years and above 21 years of age on the 1st January, 2013. The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable :
- By 5 years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women and eligible Ex-servicemen.
- By 10 years for candidates belonging to ( Physically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%. Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her. Save as provided above the age limits prescribed above can in no case be relaxed. The Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odissa Public Service Commission.
4. OPSC Scientific Officer 2013 Educational Qualification :
A candidate must have obtained :
Master’s Degree from a recognized university in the subject mentioned against the respective division as mentioned below and must have secured a minimum of 60% of the aggregate mark in the in final examination.
|Name of Division||Subject|
5. OPSC Scientific Officer 2013 Application Fee :
Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of Selection :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and viva voce. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short – list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
7. Main Job Chart :
- To visit scene of crime & assisting the I.O. in detection, collection, packing preservation of physical clue and rendering scientific aid to investigation.
- To undertake examination of spot, exhibits forwarded by the Court / Vigilance / Forest Department in different cases and submit the chemical report to concerned quarters.
- To impart Training to the Police Officers / Judicial Officers / Medical Officers & Others.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties.,
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed : at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para – 3 & 4 of the advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of receipt of application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a
specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Viva Voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. by Birth are admissible to the scheduled caste, scheduled tribe of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under para – 10 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
10. Certificates / Documents to be attached :
Candidates are required to submit along with their applications, true copies of the following documents duly attested by Gazetted Officer or self certified. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach the original certificates to their applications. Only those who are called for the viva voce will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. of the attested copies, for verification at time of viva voce. If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Bachelor Degree certificate issued by the recognized university;
- Master’s Degree certificate issued by the recognized university;
- Mark-lists in support of all the examinations passed ( i.e. H.S.C. to Master’s Degree ) issued by the concerned Board / Council / University.
- Candidates who have not been awarded percentage of marks, but only “Grade Marks”, should, along with their applications, produce the conversion certificate from the concerned university indicating the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula failing which, their applications are liable to be rejected.
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks secured in each Semester / Annual examination leading to award of Diploma / Degree.
- Attach two recent passport size photographs ( unsigned & unattested ) which has been uploaded with online application in printout / Hard copy of online application form.
- Certificates of conduct from the Principal / Proctor / Dean or Professor in charge of Teaching Department the College or University in which he / she last studied;
- Caste certificate by birth in support of claim as S.Cs. / S.Ts. whichever applicable ( Please see Note – 1 );
- Required odia pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the School indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. standard if not passed Odia as a subject in the HSC Exam / Equivalent exam.
- Discharge certificates issued by the Commanding Officer of the unit last served wherever applicable :
- Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable;
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned medical board, wherever applicable;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( With number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the application form.
Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. Categories by birth are required to submit copy of the relevant caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. are required to submit caste certificates by birth showing “daughter of ____” Caste Certificates by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of ____”) are not acceptable.
- Community ( Caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances. The competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate / Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha;
Note 2 :
Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-servicemen, Identity Card of Sportspersons and Disability Certificate of Physically Persons must have been issued by the competent authority within the last date fixed for receipt of applications as indicated above.
11. OPSC Scientific Officer 2013 Application Form
- Candidate must go through this advertisement available in the website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://.opsconline.gov.in
Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Upload of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para 10 of this advertisement by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address
The Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001
so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before 27.05.2013.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for scientific officer” ( FOR S.C. / S.T candidates only ) Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / Hard copy of online application form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para 10 of this advertisement in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of applications at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination or Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their admission certificate from website; No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Telephone No.18003456770 or 155335 from 10.00A.M. to 5.00P.M . ( Except Government of Odisha holidays ) for any technical guidance. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over TelephoneNo. 0671 – 2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-229 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc online.gov.in or http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the date of interview etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.