Odisha PSC Special Recruitment 2016 for Forest Ranger
Odisha Public Service Commission Special Recruitment to the post of Forest Ranger, Group-B of Odisha Forest Service under Forest & Environment Department.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited from the Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste candidates of Odisha online through the proforma application to be made available on website http://opsconline.gov.in from 15th February, 2016 to 14th March, 2016 for special recruitment to 77 ( seventy-seven ) posts of Forest Ranger, Group-B, of Odisha Forest Service under Forest & Environment Department in the scale of pay of 9,300-34,800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Odisha PSC Forest Ranger Vacancy Position
As per requisition filed by the Forest & Environment Department, the vacancy position along with reservation there of is given below :
|SI.No.||Category||Total Vacancy Position||B.Sc ( Forestry )||Other than Bachelor's Degree in Forestry|
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable Women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable Male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & S.T. will not be considered.
At present, only online application are invited from candidates for admission to written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidate who qualify, will be required to submit the printout / hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents as stated under para-10 of this advertisement, on or before the date to be notified later, for consideration of their eligibility.
3. Odisha PSC Special Recruitment 2016 Age Limit
A candidate must be under 37 (thirty seven) years and above 21 (twenty one) years of age on the 1st January, 2016 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1979 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
Save as Provided above, The age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. Educational Qualification for Odisha PSC Forest Ranger Recruitment 2016
A candidate must have possessed Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institution in India with at least one of the following subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry and Zoology or a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
5. OPSC Special Recruitment 2016 Physical Standard
Candidates, who qualify in the written test, shall confirm to the following physical standard and test for being selected by the Commission, namely :-
- A male candidate shall not be less than 163 cm. in height and shall have chest measurement of at least 84cm. expandable to at least 89 cm.
- A female candidate shall not be less than 150 cm. in height and shall have chest measurement of at least 79 cm. expandable to at least 84 cm.
- The candidates must pass the following physical endurance test of walking :-
- Male : 25 Kms. in Four hours.
- Female : 16 Kms. in four hours.
Note : The Commission / Government shall not be responsible for any injury during the test.
6. Odisha PSC Method of Selection
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post will consist of the following successive stages :-
- Written Examination – 1400 Marks
- Physical test
- Viva Voce Test – 200 Marks
Note :- The Commission will short-list the candidates to be called for viva voce test to a reasonable number taking into consideration the marks secured in the written examination above the cutoff point to be fixed by the Commission & the candidates who qualify in the Physical test.
The Physical test of qualified candidate of examination would be carried out by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest.
The Plan of Examination
1. The written examination shall be on the following papers, two compulsory and four optional papers carrying 300 marks and 200 marks each respectively with a duration of three hours :
|Paper I||General English||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|Paper III||First Optional ( Paper I )||200 Marks|
|Paper IV||First Optional ( Paper II )||200 Marks|
|Paper V||Second Optional ( Paper I )||200 Marks|
|Paper VI||Second Optional ( Paper II )||200 Marks|
2. List of Optional Subjects : A candidate shall select any two subjects from the following and each subject shall have two papers :
|Agriculture Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Mathematics||Zoology|
|Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry||Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
Provided that the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering.
- Agriculture and Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Of the engineering subjects viz Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject.
7. Place of OPSC Examination 2016
Odisha PSC written examination will be held at Cuttack.
8. Odisha PSC Special Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Conditions
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be SC or ST by birth and belong to the State of Odisha.
- The candidate must be of good mental condition, bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties in the service.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed: at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha OR passed in Odia language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above from any school affiliated to CBSE or ICSE recognized by Government of Odisha or the Government of India in support of passing of Odia Language Test of M.E. School standard;
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate” :
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification 85 are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible;
(b) Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Odisha PSC Special Recruitment Other Conditions 2016
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination / viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination/viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Every Forest Ranger on his/her first appointment to the service shall be on probation for a period of two years from the date he/she actually joins in the post. The appointment can be terminated on one month notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- Candidates who will qualify in the written examination are required to take due care to annex with the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under Para-11 of this advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a certificate of admission uploaded in the website of OPSC. The eligible candidates are required to down load their admission certificate from the website of Commission and produce the same before the Centre Supervisor for admission to the Examination Centre;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of this candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
11. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Special Recruitment 2016
- Candidate must go through this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading the Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(LTI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use.
- On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- At present, only online application are invited from candidates for admission to written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidate who qualify are required to send the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents/ certificates etc. as provided under para-10 of this advertisement by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before the prescribed date (which will be declared after publication of written examination).
The envelope containing the application must be super scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF FOREST RANGER (SPECIAL RECRUITMENT)”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination, Physical Test or Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination, Physical Test or interview which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from Website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
Odisha PSC Forest Ranger Post Closing Dates : Odisha PSC Special Recruitment Online applications shall be available in the website from 15th February, 2016 to 14th March, 2016 till 11.59 P.M.
NB : The Online Application Form if found Defective in any respect are Liable to be Summarily Rejected.