Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Radiologist
Recruitment to the posts of Radiologist ( in the rank of Assistant Surgeon ) in class – I Junior ( Group – A ) under Health and Family welfare Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
- Online Application Form will be available till 20.02. 2013, by 11:59 P.M
- Last Date for receipt of application fee at any branch of state bank of India ( S.B.I. ) is 22.02.2013.
- Last date for receipt of print out / hard copy of online application alongwith copy of specified Documents / Certificates is 01.03.2013 BY 5.00 P.M.
1. Applications are invited online through the proforma application form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 20.01.2013 to 20.02.2013 ( Note : 22.02.2013 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to one post of Radiologist in the rank of Assistant Surgeon in class – I Junior ( Group – A ) under Health and Family welfare department in the scale of pay of 15600 – 39100/- carrying Grade pay of 5400/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Health and family welfare department the vacancy position is given below :
- The post is temporary, but likely to be made permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- The number of vacancy to be filled up on the basis of Odisha PSC 2013 recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Surgeon : A candidate must be under thirty two years and above twenty one years of age on the 1st August, 2012.
The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable :
- By five years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), women and eligible Ex-Servicemen.
- By ten years for candidates belonging to ( Physically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her. Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The Date of birth entered in the high school certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
4. Odisha PSC Assistant Surgeon 2013 Educational Qualification
A candidate must have obtained : M.B.B.S. Degree + M.D. in Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology.
5. Odisha PSC Assistant Surgeon 2013 Application Fee :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/-( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of OPSC fee. Candidates are required to take a printout of finally submitted Online application form for future use and take a printout of Online challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee paid shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
6. Odisha PSC Assistant Surgeon 2013 Selection Method :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed : at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of middle English school standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard ).
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para – 3 & 4 of the advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s).
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination or equivalent Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed.
8. Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of examination act 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to examination / Viva Voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Examination / Viva Voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concessions meant for S.Cs. S.Ts. & S.E.B.Cs by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under para 9 of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule (1) of rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined contribution pension scheme in accordance with the Odisha civil services ( pension ) amendment rules 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application form will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
9. Odisha PSC Assistant Surgeon 2013 Application Form
- Candidate must go through Odisha PSC Advertisement before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the O.P.S.C. http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application form.
- Guideline for scanning and uploading of photograph, Full signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online application form for future use and take a printout of Online challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of application form, an unique registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the unique registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the printout / Hard copy of the Online application form along with specified documents and certificates etc. as provided under para 9 of Odisha PSC advertisement along with OPSC copy of challan showing payment of application fee, by Registered post / Speed post / Courier service to the following address so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before 1.03.2013.Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
The SC / ST candidates are not required to enclose the copy of challan showing payment of fee. The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Radiologist“ Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / Hard copy of online application form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para 9 of OPSC advertisement along with OPSC copy of challan showing payment of examination fee in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of applications, at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online application form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination or interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their admission certificate from website of the Odisha Public Service Commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
10. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form the Candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Telephone No.18003456770 or 155335 from 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. ( Except Government of Odisha holidays ) for any technical guidance. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No.0671-2368172 &8984317100.
In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-229 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc online.gov.in or http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the date of interview etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.