Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the Post of Public Prosecutor in Group-A in the Odisha State Prosecution Service Under Home Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in.
Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited Online through the proforma application to be made available on website http://opsconline.gov.in from 18th October, 2016 to 17th November, 2016 for recruitment to 12 (twelve) posts of Public Prosecutor in Group-A as per the Provision of Odisha State Prosecution Service Rule, 1997 under Home Department, in the scale of pay of 15,600 – 39,100/- carrying Grade Pay of 6,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Odisha Public Service Commission online application must be followed by submission of Hard Copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 26th November, 2016.
Odisha PSC Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Home Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Sl.No.||Category ||Total Vacancy Position|
In the event of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidates of that category.
The Number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies at the discretion of the Government.
Age : A candidate must be under 40(forty) years 21(twenty one) years of age on the 1st January, 2016 i.e. hejshe must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1976 and not later than 1st January, 1995. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by Odisha Public Service Commission.
OPSC Public Prosecutor Educational Qualification and Experience :
A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University and must have active practice as an Advocate at the bar not less than 7(Seven) years as on the last date fixed for submission of online application.
Plan of OPSC Examination 2016 :
odisha Public Service Commission examination will consist of the following successive stages :-
- Written Examination;
- Viva Voce Test.
Candidates will be required to appear at the written Examination which will consist of three Papers carrying 450 marks and each paper shall be of three hours duration.
Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 Examination Fee :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refund able and nonadjustable fee of 300 I-(Rupees three hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Odisha by birth and person with Disability [whose Disability is not less than 40% (forty percent)] only are exempted from payment of this fee.
7. Place of OPSC Examination :
Odisha Public Service Commission written examination will be held at Cuttack. It may be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar & Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective Zones. The candidates are to mention their choice of examination zones at appropriate place in the online application form.
Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Director of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation (Class-X/10th standard) Examination with ‘Odia’ as a subject.
- The candidate must have good character and satisfactory antecedents as revealed by the Police Verification.
- He must have sound health/good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily/mental infirmity.
- The candidate must possess a good character as certified by two responsible citizens of India, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below Group-S service.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of online application, will be considered eligible;
- The candidates must be very much careful to fill-up and darken his/her Roll No, Question Booklet Series in the Answer Sheets and also to fill-up Question Booklet Series, Question Booklet Serial Number and Answer Sheet Serial Number in the Attendance Sheets carefully and correctly. Wrongly filled up Answer Sheets are liable for rejection.
(b) Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
Odisha PSC Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to Examination/viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination/viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- The posts are Temporary and likely to be Permanent. The period of probation is two years from the date he/she actually joins in the post and may be extended at the discretion of the Government The appointment can be terminated on one months notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a certificate of admission. The eligible candidates are required to download their admission certificate from the website of Commission and produce the same before the Centre Supervisor for admission to the Examination Centre.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of the candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
How to Apply for OPSC Recruitment 2016 :
a. Candidate must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up online application.
b. Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
c. Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading the Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
d. Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(LTI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
e. Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
f. The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
g. On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
h. Candidates are required to send the Printout/H ard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of this advertisement by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to the following address :
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
So as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 26th November, 2016.
i. The envelope containing the printout/hard copy of the online application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents etc. must be superscribed “Application for the Post of Public Prosecutor”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
j. The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
k. Certificate of Admission to the Examination, or Interview of the provisionally shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination/interview which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate for examination/intimation letter for vv test from Website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
Odisha PSC Closing Date 2016 :
- Odisha PSC Online applications shall be available in the website from 18th October, 2016 to 17th November, 2016 till 11.59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of OPSC applicaion fee at any Branch of State Bank of India is 19th November, 2016.
- Last Date for Receipt of Hard Copy/Print copy of Odisha PSC application is 26th November, 2016.
Odisha PSC Syllabus of Examination for the Post of Public Prosecutor
Odisha Public Service Commission written examination for the post of Public Prosecutor shall be on the following subjects. Each paper shall be of three hours duration.
A. Paper I : General English – 150 marks
- Translation from Odia to English of a passage Consisting of about 200 words – 25 marks
- Translation from English to Odia of a Passage consisting of about 200 words – 25 marks
- A short essay of about 300 words – 50 marks
- Precis writing consisting of 300 words – 25 marks
- Compreh ension (Passage of about 500 words With 5 questions) – 25 marks
Paper-II : Criminal Major Act. – 150 marks
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 questions, each carrying 25 marks)
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (2 questions, each carrying 25 marks)
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (2 questions, each carrying 25 marks)
Paper-III : Criminal Law. – 150 marks
(There shall be 15 questions, carrying 15 marks each covering the following Acts and Rules and the Candidates shall be required to answer any 10 out of them.)
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985
- The Explosive Act, 1884 & Explosive Substances Act, 1908 along with rules, 1983
- The Arms Act, 1950 along with rules, 1954
- The Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961 and Probation of Offenders Act, 1958
- The protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 along with rules, 2006
- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 20 12
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Child) Act, 2000 along with rules, 2007
- The Essential Commodities Act, 1955
- The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 along with rules & The Food safety and Standard Act, 2006
- The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 & Rules, 1995
- The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and the Odisha Protection of Interest of depositors (In Financial Establishment) Act, 2011
- The Limitation Act, 1963
- The Bihar & Odisha Excise Act, 2006
- The Odisha Forest Act, 1972 and The Wild life (Protection) Act, 1972
B. Odisha PSC Viva Voce Test
There shall be 50 marks for Viva-Voce test.
Note : A candidate shall answer the papers in English unless otherwise directed. The standard of General English shall be of Degree Course and that of other papers shall be of LL.B Course under University Examination.
The candidates shall be short listed in the ratio of 1:3 with reference to number of vacancies for Viva Voce Test depending on such marks awarded to the candidates in the written examination as may be decided by the Commission.